Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

are these quests a joke?

[The Highlord's Return][The God-Queen's Fury][End of the Risen Threat]

first i tried the healer quest 3 times and failed it's just not possible to keep all of them alive near the end of the scenario

so i was like fuck that and figured the tanking would be easier if i have an npc healing me instead but then it wasn't and i got 1hit by 6 demons when my health was NOT reduced by debuff so that didn't make any sense

i then thought if an npc is tanking and healing i should try the dps quest instead but then i entered and i was left stranded alone to do it my self and then i see a 320mill boss next to 2 280mill health enemies and being on a ret paladin our heals are absolutely garbage so basically there was no way i could out heal the damage they were doing in order to stay alive long enough to do 320mill damage

and these quests
    are from an old patch
    which i am outgeared for at 917-918(depending on spec)

and then i just realise for a moment
    that i am seeing a whole bunch of people also stuck afk at the quest giver and repeatedly entering and exiting with low health clearly they failed as well

so are these quests a joke?

after all pandaria was an april fools joke they made into a reality
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-09-09 at 11:51 AM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Deleted
    Sounds like you need to get good. People were defeating these quests with the right legendaries when it came out (Not saying it was easy though).

I am sorry, but maybe you are not as good as you think you are. There are a lot of people who successfully completed these (not me by the way, I am a casual). These are intended to be very hard quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltblue View Post
    I am sorry, but maybe you are not as good as you think you are. There are a lot of people who successfully completed these (not me by the way, I am a casual). These are intended to be very hard quests.
    there is no such thing as a casual on a pc game
    casuals play on console

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Sounds like you need to get good. People were defeating these quests with the right legendaries when it came out (Not saying it was easy though).
    it seems more like no one bothered to tell blizzard it was hard so blizzard assumed it was fine and left it as is which is a pile of poop

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    casuals play on console

- - - Updated - - -

it seems more like no one bothered to tell blizzard it was hard so blizzard assumed it was fine and left it as is
    I play like maybe 6 hours a week. I'm a casual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    That's the problem, you rely on legendaries if you are not over-overgeared. In fact the Shaman one is almost impossible without the roots leg. Obviously is skill too, but legs make the difference.

casuals play on console
    LOL now that is funny.

On topic i do think it is dumb that it comes down to what legendaires you have. Its the main reasen why o have yet to bother doing the tower quests. i have 5 across all 12 of my characters ? Ill just wait till i massively over gear it. shrug

And yes i am a casual
    Last edited by gorkos; 2017-09-09 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    look at league of legends with tens of millions of players
    look at over watch and hearthstone also with tens of millions of players

if people wanted hardcore then they wouldn't be successful games

look at cat mario it's hardcore and you will only find a small handfull of youtube videos of people attempting it

It's a troll post fellas, come on grab your keyboards and let's go to another thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    I play like maybe 6 hours a week. I'm a casual.
    only if those 6 hours is league of legends

[The Highlord's Return][The God-Queen's Fury][End of the Risen Threat]

first i tried the healer quest 3 times and failed it's just not possible to keep all of them alive near the end of the scenario

so i was like fuck that and figured the tanking would be easier if i have an npc healing me instead but then it wasn't and i got 1hit by 6 demons when my health was NOT reduced by debuff so that didn't make any sense

i then thought if an npc is tanking and healing i should try the dps quest instead but then i entered and i was left stranded alone to do it my self and then i see a 320mill boss next to 2 280mill health enemies and being on a ret paladin our heals are absolutely garbage so basically there was no way i could out heal the damage they were doing in order to stay alive long enough to do 320mill damage

and these quests
    are from an old patch
    which i am outgeared for at 917-918(depending on spec)

and then i just realise for a moment
    that i am seeing a whole bunch of people also stuck afk at the quest giver and repeatedly entering and exiting with low health clearly they failed as well

so are these quests a joke?

after all pandaria was an april fools joke they made into a reality
    With the ilvl you can get now, they are super easy.
    Get better.

Looked up Armory saw the character name and 8/9 lfr realised what a person created this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    With the ilvl you can get now, they are super easy.
    Get better.
    like i said i am 917-918 i essentially out gear it when the broken isles nethershard vendor sells 850 gear to do the quest with as a bare minimin

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you're just not mechanically good enough.
    Keep on gearing up, maybe one day it'll be enough to carry you through it, but obviously at the present time, it's not.

Blizzard said they're hard, and guess what, they are! But you can beat them if you have the right skill.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

To be Honest, the first time I accepted the Quest and started it, I was also like:
    "WTF? is that a Joke?" (ProtPala)

But then I read up on what it is.
    Its supposed to be as hard as Possible.

The quest just awards the "Challenge" skin, its not in any way mandatory. Obviously its not for everyone. And not every content needs to be obsolete a content later.

like i said i am 917-918 i essentially out gear it when the broken isles nethershard vendor sells 850 gear to do the quest with as a bare minimin
    IIRC, the bare minimum was 900 for the Quest.

The 850 gear was to catch up to the Raid Progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    see this demon hunter
    i have seen this guy repeatedly exit atleast 4 times now with half health failing over and over and over and over again

and then there is this group of people who have rage quit going afk

if it was about skill then these people wouldn't be afk here in the exact spot you exit as when you fail
    one of those failures seems to have 930+ item level

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    To be Honest, the first time I accepted the Quest and started it, I was also like:
    "WTF? is that a Joke?" (ProtPala)

But then I read up on what it is.
    Its supposed to be as hard as Possible.

The quest just awards the "Challenge" skin, its not in any way mandatory. Obviously its not for everyone. And not every content needs to be obsolete a content later.

IIRC, the bare minimum was 900 for the Quest.

The 850 gear was to catch up to the Raid Progression.
    what skin?
    i thought it was just some standard story quest

Deleted
    You need to improve.

The DPS one (or one of these, at least) is a joke - did it with 880 on my 8th attempt.

The healing one is tougher but not impossible. Did it around 900 after several attempts but my gear was just there without the optimal legendaries. At 917-920, you should be stomping it. The only downside with the healing one is that it takes too freaking long per attempt.

PS: It's a challenge - it'll obviously be (or should be at least) significantly more difficult than most regular quests. You get an artifact appearance to compensate.

That means you are really bad at your class. Not much more to say...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    You need to improve.

The DPS one (or one of these, at least) is a joke - did it with 880 on my 8th attempt.

The healing one is tougher but not impossible. Did it around 900 after several attempts but my gear was just there without the optimal legendaries. At 917-920, you should be stomping it. The only downside with the healing one is that it takes too freaking long per attempt.
    i first tried the healing one 3 times
    the stupid rogue keeps taking damage because the tank is bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That means you are really bad at your class. Not much more to say...
    no the quest is bad look at my screenshots

Deleted
    i first tried the healing one 3 times
    the stupid rogue keeps taking damage because the tank is bad

- - - Updated - - -

no the quest is bad look at my screenshots
    The NPCs for the healing one are absolute garbage, indeed. But that's part of the challenge too, I guess. It's still so much easier than the MoP and WoD challenge mode rewards - not even close, at all. Still rewards an appearance though.