Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuggoz View Post
    EU just won't work united, it already has problems for many reasons, even excluding all this immigration/refuge stuff. I myself live in the most northern areas of the EU, and as many of the laws are the same for everyone, you encounter problems because different sides of the Union are so different. Also the fact that countries like Finland or Sweden follow the orders/laws very strictly, while Southern countries don't. Overall the union is not very positive thing for small countries or ones that are far from the Germany/France-axis.
    That's why the EU issues guidelines rather than laws. Guidelines, which are then implemented by national Governments according to the customs and local needs.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Only need the North-Western countries in Europe to unite.

South- and Eastern Europe are mostly just a drain on the stronger economies.
    http://statisticstimes.com/economy/e...ies-by-gdp.php

What are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    no I think the other would be an actual democratic process. Here in the netherlands we have a majority to leave - but nothing happens - for 12 years now.
    Prove it, so far the parties that want to stay are in the majority. Sounds like the democratic process is alive and kicking in the Netherlands. Besides, leaving the EU would be the most moronic thing we could do.

Yes, we can unite EU and I will be the king.

It will work out, I promise.

Deleted
    USSR tried that. The next wannabe regional dictators will end like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No the land mass alone over all viable resources would keep the U.S on top and if we formed a NAU forget it.
    Indeed. A hypothetical " Federal Republic of North America" would be one hell of a nation. And that's really the only way I would countenance such a thing.

Basically, a central federal government with highly restricted powers. It would oversee defense, foreign relations, and arbitrate disputes between the member nations. Literally everything else would be handled at lower levels. It would be:

the federal government

national governments

state/provincial/territorial governments

local government

The amount of natural resources, plus the plethora of navigable waterways, and the best agricultural land on Earth (Great Plains and the Canadian prairie) and having only 1 land border to defend ( at Mexico's southern end) would be a virtually unmatchable suite of geographic advantages. Model the constitution on the US Constitution ( with the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms thrown in too) and GG.

A united continental Europe has almost none of these advantages. Much harder to defend, fewer natural resources, fewer navigable waterways, and let us not forget that "Europe is only a geographical expression. It has no political personality." --- Winston Churchill
    Last edited by Realitytrembles; 2017-09-09 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    If we can purge every person with religion, I'd love to.

Again no one can give a rational reason to no except "Eww those humans who fall out of a vagina on a imaginary line on the map are somehow inferior to us in all ways." nationalism based on emotional stupidity.

Again if Europe did unite it would almost certainly be economically equal or larger than the US based on how things are. If further proper integration happens and EU is allowed to do what's necessary to fix southern European issues (which would have happened 8 years ago if a proper economic integration happened) then the EU would be above the US by a decent margine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Again no one can give a rational reason to no except "Eww those humans who fall out of a vagina on a imaginary line on the map are somehow inferior to us in all ways." nationalism based on emotional stupidity.
    If you like those vagina fallers so fucking much, why not simply leave and live with them. Why force them on us - in small groups, boatloads, large hordes and whole nations?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    If we can purge every person with religion, I'd love to.
    How to you purpose to exterminate 6.23 billion people?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Only need the North-Western countries in Europe to unite.

South- and Eastern Europe are mostly just a drain on the stronger economies.
    GDP of Spain is higher than Netherland, Turkey and Switzerland.
    GDP of Poland is higher than Austria, Norway and Denmark.
    GDP of Hungary is higher than Luxembourg.

KeK

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Aren't Northren-Western countries the economical back-bone of the EU? Or am I under the influence of their propaganda?
    (these questions are just for fun)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-09-09 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Aren't Northren-Western countries the economical back-bone of the EU? Or am I under the influence of their propaganda?
    (these questions are just for fun)
    It's a touch less cut and dried than that, but the majority of the "drains" if you will, are in the South/East European areas.

There are ofcourse exceptions to the rule, both in nations being prosperous in those areas, and nations in the North/West being "drains" as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's why the EU issues guidelines rather than laws. Guidelines, which are then implemented by national Governments according to the customs and local needs.
    Yes guidelines, but beware if you don't accept and follow them, then we will show you...

Deleted
    Some posters form the northern countries of EU here are the prime example of why EU cant and never will be one nation

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Horrible idea. There's many a reason we left the EU and that's one of them.
    but why honestly? why not be part of the biggest empire known to date? if i was european i sure would go for it, even if germany controls it all secretly, so be it. at least this time they did it the right way.

a better diea whould be if the entire planet united into one nation.

Dont get me wrong whatever goverment we whould come up with whould suck balls, but atleast no1 on earth whould need to invest enourmous amounts of money on military anymore, and that alone whould make it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by HymenDestroyer View Post
    Yes guidelines, but beware if you don't accept and follow them, then we will show you...
    Accept and follow? They have voted on those guidelines themselves... do you not understand how democracy works?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    ...do you think it would be the most important player in the global market? Or maybe Europe can overcome US and China as a military hegemon. How would the world look like if EU was a one country?

I look forward to hear your oppinions.
    It would be the death of Europe.

The EU's demographics now as a quasi-State are too poor for them to have world shaping power, they are much the same as Japan in that respect. And plus the EU's policies seem dedicated to ripping itself apart, what with one member basically declaring an open borders policy for everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

If Europe were to ever unite the world would consider it as Nazism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    ...do you think it would be the most important player in the global market? Or maybe Europe can overcome US and China as a military hegemon. How would the world look like if EU was a one country?

I look forward to hear your oppinions.
    EU Unite ? Do you even know how many different Cultures Europe has ?