Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's possibly, because unlike the Republican Party (see: Benghazi!!!!!) I'm willing to wait to see what Mueller turns up and what the courts eventually say.
    If that's been your stance from the beginning, that's fair. I'm just recalling a LOT of fuckers claiming he did it guaranteed or jump between saying it will take years but then make funny threads like this. Especially Mr. "Real American" Skroe.

If he's guilty, groovy. Otherwise, I'm laughing at all the "He fucking did it!"/"We have proof since December!" people just like I laughed at the "Hillary for Jail" meme people.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Hillary also didn't possibly collude or commit treason, so there's that . . .
    Is the crux of this investigation that Trump actively worked with Russia to win the election?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Is the crux of this investigation that Trump actively worked with Russia to win the election?
    It seems to be one of the strong pillars. Although I think they're still probing which pillar to knock out for reals. It seems they might be aiming for incompetence, after all. The requirements for that one are somewhat lower than outright treason, I heard.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Show me where the bad man touched you.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._satellite.jpg

Around there...

Oh and just an FYI... if your freedom is defined in a way that requires limited government, your definition of freedom is arbitrary...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think so. The thing hanging over Trump is his reaction to his buddies getting busted for doing it, which resulted in abstraction of justice debate. Trump's own desires were set years ago, around the time of his beauty pageant near Moscow. The campaign seemed to just be trying to fulfill those intents, but Trump him self does not seem to be an active participant during the campaign.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    This is all just fuelling his (more and more likely) second term.
    In what world does having the worst approval/disapproval in history and pissing off many of his independent voters make his second term more likely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    *yawn*
    By the sound of it the bulk of Mueller's evidence comes from hearsay and a letter so he's widening the scope of his investigation to the entire white house staff and anyone remotely connected to Russia. Honestly Trump probably didn't collude with Russia, he might have had some business in Russia and he would have hoped to get his Trump Tower fully constructed but most likely he didn't make any personal deal with Russia. I think his sons might have tried but the Russian lawyer didn't have shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It seems to be one of the strong pillars. Although I think they're still probing which pillar to knock out for reals. It seems they might be aiming for incompetence, after all. The requirements for that one are somewhat lower than outright treason, I heard.
    OKAY SO, not sure if either of you understand our judicial system but criminal investigations are not witch hunts where investigators scramble to pin anything they can on people they are investigating. We have these things called due process and presumed innocence that are crucial to our sense of fairness and justice in the US and our system as a whole. Investigations take a significant amount of time, one of the reasons being that what you uncover in the investigation process can lead you down rabbit holes where other charges might be merited.

Not to mention, Mueller is a Republican who was appointed by a fellow Republican to investigate Russia and tangentially other Republicans in the Trump administration. If anything there should be a bias by the FBI to *not* uncover anything due to political orientation, but there's no evidence of investigators being anything other than impartial thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah Skroe!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Agree. I only agree with Skroe 1/4 of the time, and generally think he could do with a punch in the mouth, but the replies from the pro-Trump or pro-ridiculous crowd are some popcorn moments.

But I feel pretty confident that no matter what happens, even if some incredible scandals unprecedented in US history are revealed every day from now until 2020, the only way this guy gets out is by losing the next election. Sad as it may be.
    I was going to post, but you said it all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    In what world does having the worst approval/disapproval in history and pissing off many of his independent voters make his second term more likely?
    The same way coffins upon coffins of Americans coming home and being a giant font of political stand up jokes didn't prevent Bush from getting a second term.

We seriously just had people like you arrogantly pretending Trump couldn't win the first time. Why can't it happen again cause "lololol Trump has tiny hands! He's not a threat!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    OKAY SO, not sure if either of you understand our judicial system but criminal investigations are not witch hunts where investigators scramble to pin anything they can on people they are investigating. We have these things called due process and presumed innocence that are crucial to our sense of fairness and justice in the US and our system as a whole. Investigations take a significant amount of time, one of the reasons being that what you uncover in the investigation process can lead you down rabbit holes where other charges might be merited.

Not to mention, Mueller is a Republican who was appointed by a fellow Republican to investigate Russia and tangentially other Republicans in the Trump administration. If anything there should be a bias by the FBI to *not* uncover anything due to political orientation, but there's no evidence of investigators being anything other than impartial thus far.
    I never said it was a witch hunt. But apparently you don't seem to grasp how politics and justice works together.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Just like Hurricane IRMA - all this stuff is Fake News

Rush Limbaugh told me so ...

Just remember - Bill Clinton was impeached over an affair with a woman.

Donald Trump is breaking a hundred different federal and state laws and is likely guilty of treason.

SO when one comments that Trump hasn't done enough to be impeached, just compare it with Clinton getting a BJ.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-09-09 at 05:17 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is no proof that Trump is guilty of any crimes. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    There is no proof that Trump is guilty of any crimes. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
    Are you in the investigation? Do you know what the point of investigation is? Are you just doing damage control? Are you simply here to mislead in a very basic and robotic manner?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    The same way coffins upon coffins of Americans coming home and being a giant font of political stand up jokes didn't prevent Bush from getting a second term.

We seriously just had people like you arrogantly pretending Trump couldn't win the first time. Why can't it happen again cause "lololol Trump has tiny hands! He's not a threat!"?
    Bush isn't comparable. He started above 50% approval and stayed there, with a few months of exceptions, above or at 50% throughout his first term. People generally thought he was doing an ok job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The world where everyone in America wants to elect Trump solely on the basis that it pisses off dumb liberals.

Can the title of ep 326 be "For the love of christ why did you reelect him!?!?"

In a nutshell...
    Russia wanted Trump to win to destabilize the US and slight Hillary. This was largely known, and even Trump's son and campaign advisors didn't flinch when Russian support for Trump was openly stated.
    Trump has been trying to get better access to Russia for his businesses for years, something he and his family have recently been walking back.

US intelligence has concluded that Russia stole the emails used against the Clinton campaign.
    Various groups have been revealing that Russians used bots and targeted propaganda to swing votes in key states Trump won.

The questions still to be answered will revolve around:
    1) Did Trump's campaign team coordinate with Russians on the email theft or helping target the propaganda (e.g. Cambridge Analytica)?
    2) Did Trump help cover up / obstruct justice related to any of this or the investigation into it?

Trump didn't have to actively work with Russia personally to be in trouble here.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I never said it was a witch hunt. But apparently you don't seem to grasp how politics and justice works together.
    I mean, I did in fact address that in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I mean, I did in fact address that in my post.
    Wow, you're naive...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Russia wanted Trump to win to destabilize the US and slight Hillary.
    I'd argue that there is more of an indication that Russia wanted Hillary to win, but be politicly weakened by Trump and facing a Republican controlled Congress.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-