Page 38 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Literally the only one injecting morals are those that think discrimination against me is okay. Do you not think gays should be a protected class? Also this case is about the fucking precedent it sets. You sound like a person in the 40s "I mean I'd bake cake for negroes but negroes aren't a protected class so stop injecting your morals!" Sounds retarded right?

- - - Updated - - -

And if no other company does because it is too expensive and they can't service people?
    You can say what if until your blue in the face yet it still wont change the fact that if there is easy capital to establish on an undersaturated market someone will capitalize on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    WoW was the first MMO.

And invented the fantasy genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Not many people know that Tolkien was born just outside Goldshire, and EverQuest was originally a bugged quest line from Mankirk's wife that required you to go in endless loops up and down the Barrens.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrkon View Post
    You can say what if until your blue in the face yet it still wont change the fact that if there is easy capital to establish on an undersaturated market someone will capitalize on it.

But for the person they're just shit out of luck until.... when

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris65535 View Post
    What if I believe in a sect of Christianity that believes Mohammad to be a good, but not divine, prophet. I then ask a Muslim bakery to bake a wedding cake featuring prominently an image of Mohammad. The Muslim bakery refuses. Is the Muslim now required by law to depict Mohammad?

This is why we apply law based off the actual law and not perceived oppression hierarchies. That includes occasionally protecting someone's right to be an asshole.

If your proposed or supported course of action feels good when applied to straight white Christians, but sounds racist or unfair when applied to Muslims, Homosexuals and non-whites, then it is racist or unfair by nature.
    Thats the issue here all these protected classes have their heads so far in the clouds these days to realize they are doing to white people what they had done to them while at the same time claiming they still arn't equal and asking for equality........ Its just like this shit with Kapernick everyone going Why is a black man not finding a job... Hmm maybe because he is a qb on the downswing of his career with depleting numbers while also being a distraction and at the same time calling the people who were about to offer him a job uncle toms.... Hmm a guy not getting a job cause he's a distraction where did i hear this before? oh wait Tim Tebow... Oh there were no riots for tim tebow??? oh there wasn't ESPN every 2nd day about tim Tebow?? oh Tim Below has better post season stats and better QB % than Kapernick ever did??? oh....

Christians and even white people in general in america are becoming a persecuted class and no one seems to care. thank god the justices finally are giving some rights back.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-09-09 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrkon View Post
    Except with the precedent set, they could be denied critical services until such a time as a new service is in the area. With this precedent, the only grocery store in Bumfuck, Alabama could deny sales to gays and it'd be acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Thats the issue here all these protected classes have their heads so far in the clouds these days to realize they are doing to white people what they had done to them.... while at the same time claiming they still arn't equal.... Its just like this shit with Kapernick everyone going Why is a black man not finding a job... Hmm maybe because he is a qb on the downswing of his career with depleting numbers while also being a distraction and at the same time calling the people who were about to offer him a job uncle toms.... Hmm a guy not getting a job cause he's a distraction where did i hear this before? oh wait Tim Tebow... Oh there were no riots for tim tebow??? oh there wasn't ESPN every 2nd day about tim Tebow?? oh Tim Below has better post season stats and better QB % than Kapernick ever did??? oh....

Christians in america are a persecuted class over the last 10 years and no one seems to care. thank god the justices finally are giving some rights back.
    White people are discriminated against because white people cant discriminate against colored people?

Poor poor Christian's... with all their power and high government positions. Oh they're so persecuted! Because apparently not being allowed to dominate everyone and force them to bow down to your religion is now persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The concern is over precedent set that could used to discriminate for more services, and more critical in some cases, than cake.

Personal OPINION on it is that you, as a private business, should be able to be decline at will in cases of non essential services only, so not gasoline, groceries, etc, especially given we're in the social media age where choosing to do so can have huge market consequences. But the precedent set here is that any discrimination is ok which is going to cause problems before a middleground gets reached in an inevitable future hearing.

A counterpoint to my own opinion though is that businesses, even private businesses, are often beneficiaries of public and government funded services and as such shouldn't be allowed to discriminate. Taxpayers and the public fund things like the roads they rely on to stay in business, and even often things like food stamps to subsidize their payroll, which should be taken into account.
    Irrelevant to the case. It was declined because of the product, not over a group of people. Crafted goods, consumable or not, are subject to ethics by the crafter, it has always been, and it has always been accepted, like my artist example. And that was why it was refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Irrelevant to the case. It was declined because of the product, not over a group of people. Crafted goods, consumable or not, are subject to ethics by the crafter, it has always been, and it has always been accepted, like my artist example. And that was why it was refused.

Learn what precedent means and come back.

PRECEDENT. Holy fuck people are dense. It's ridiculous how much we have to keep repeating this. This is the fucking concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

PRECEDENT. Holy fuck people are dense. It's ridiculous how much we have to keep repeating this. This is the fucking concern.
    This is why the right keep voting against their own interest.. lack of willing to learn.

"Learn what things mean" is a pretty low bar but yet... they refuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said earlier - they were a public bakery (if I remember correctly), but also as I said, I thought the whole thing was stupid. My concern is precedent. Allowing that kind of discrimination opens up precedent to expand it to other arenas, and, indeed, we're already seeing that in the Trump administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah like black people to the back of the bus right?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and I am now very clear as to why you hold the beliefs you do.
    Wow you are now seriously comparing this to Rosa Parks. There is a difference between private businesses and government-run buses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Except with the precedent set, they could be denied critical services until such a time as a new service is in the area. With this precedent, the only grocery store in Bumfuck, Alabama could deny sales to gays and it'd be acceptable.
    But muh invisible hand of the free market

10+ Year Old Account
    But for the person they're just shit out of luck until.... when
    If say in this hypothetical that they run out of gas and its announced then that AAA will no longer serve minorities then they still have several options in front of them. From this point you ask around town to see if you can convince another to pump gas for you. Or even see if anyone has a spare gas can that can take you all that much closer to your destination. I would call a friend in this scenario. However if this was already news and they still chose to drive in a secluded area without a plan b then its nobodies fault but their own. Its an immoral and awful way of thought however buisness is not based upon morales. Rather profit margins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    WoW was the first MMO.

And invented the fantasy genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Not many people know that Tolkien was born just outside Goldshire, and EverQuest was originally a bugged quest line from Mankirk's wife that required you to go in endless loops up and down the Barrens.

White people are discriminated against because white people cant discriminate against colored people?

Poor poor Christian's... with all their power and high government positions. Oh they're so persecuted! Because apparently not being allowed to dominate everyone and force them to bow down to your religion is now persecution.
    Yes, we are past that point, but some seems to have problems letting go and try abuse power in order to have their will.

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    Wow you are now seriously comparing this to Rosa Parks. There is a difference between private businesses and government-run buses.
    You realize there were private ran buses during the civil rights era with the same back of bus policy right? Or are you just ignorant of history?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    As I said earlier - they were a public bakery (if I remember correctly), but also as I said, I thought the whole thing was stupid. My concern is precedent. Allowing that kind of discrimination opens up precedent to expand it to other arenas, and, indeed, we're already seeing that in the Trump administration.
    Nazi comes to you and asks you to make a swastika cake. Are you forced to bake said cake, especially if you have not taken any payment to make said cake?

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Thats the issue here all these protected classes have their heads so far in the clouds these days to realize they are doing to white people what they had done to them while at the same time claiming they still arn't equal and asking for equality........ Its just like this shit with Kapernick everyone going Why is a black man not finding a job... Hmm maybe because he is a qb on the downswing of his career with depleting numbers while also being a distraction and at the same time calling the people who were about to offer him a job uncle toms.... Hmm a guy not getting a job cause he's a distraction where did i hear this before? oh wait Tim Tebow... Oh there were no riots for tim tebow??? oh there wasn't ESPN every 2nd day about tim Tebow?? oh Tim Below has better post season stats and better QB % than Kapernick ever did??? oh....

Christians and even white people in general in america are becoming a persecuted class and no one seems to care. thank god the justices finally are giving some rights back.
    Get your news from the real world and not in your comfy basement browsing 4chan all day fueling your victim complex, would you?

Christians a persecuted class in the US, lmao. Is that why even Trump, the most unchristian president ever, constantly has to throw them some bones from time to time to keep them happy?
    Last edited by Cyberowl; 2017-09-09 at 03:48 PM.

You realize there were government ran buses during the civil rights era with the same back of bus policy right? Or are you just ignorant of history?
    I think you completely misunderstood my post. The government is obviously not allowed to refuse PUBLIC services to certain groups. A PRIVATE BUSINESS is allowed to refuse to do business with whomever they choose. Remember how capitalism works -- a VOLUNTARY exchange of money for goods and services. You can't force a business to take your money for a product, just like a business can't force you to buy their product.

very simple concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah like black people to the back of the bus right?
    If I own a bus you're not entitled to riding it. It's my bus, not yours

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is not, it has always been the same things that ppl feel ill about. You can't just say they are wrong feeling that way.