Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Do you actually know what "freedom of speech" means?
    Freedom of speech is the right to articulate one's opinions and ideas without fear of government retaliation or censorship, or societal sanction

Yeah i guess i do.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    Freedom of speech is the right to articulate one's opinions and ideas without fear of government retaliation or censorship, or societal sanction

Yeah i guess i do.
    Yeah clearly missed how it works.
    I guess you actually do not understand.

You report people for saying homophobic things? Jeez ur the worst, Stay away from the internet if ur that easily offended

If i was working at blizzard HQ and i saw someone report a guy for saying something homophobic i would have good laugh at it.

It takes more then one person reporting for any serious action because of possible abuse of the system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    Lol all these triggered faggots
    You must feel so cool and powerful now...

Basement dweller

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah clearly missed how it works.
    I guess you actually do not understand.
    YOU don't understand. FoS is only a right against the government, not private companies or individuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    YOU don't understand. FoS is only a right against the government, not private companies or individuals.
    YOU don't understand that it's not the only universal freedom, and that speech against those other fundamental freedoms isn't protected; it's regarded as incitement.

Basement dweller

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a basement dweller, just from eastern Europe where men are men and not pussies that get triggered by words. Grow some balls you faggot.

Infraction - Minor Flaming.
    Last edited by xChurch; 2017-09-09 at 06:46 PM.

Basement dweller

- - - Updated - - -

Yet, we're talking about Blizzard here.
    Are they his "goverment"?

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I've reported like 7 people today for making homophobic comments, I've reported more than I can count in the past yet nothing seems to ever happen to them. Why are they not being removed from the game?
    I was banned for a month for speaking against homophobia. Some of the GMs there are bias and conservative it would seem. If you get downvoted the monkeys there follow in toe. They need to remove the downvote system there. Look how peaceful the WoW forums are compared to when the downvotes were present.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2017-09-09 at 04:17 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Anyone saying faggot or similar are making homophobic remarks period.

"the boundary of the term 'homophobia' is made so elastic that it can stretch around, not just phobias, but every kind of rational fear as well; and not just around every kind of fear, but also around every critical posture or idea that anyone may have about the practice of homosexuality". -wikipedia.

@OP - just keep reporting them, every single time. There has been an influx in bans recently and these toxic trolls seems to be their target.

Welcome to the internet - unfortunately you will have to get over it and develop a thicker skin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    I'm not a basement dweller, just from eastern Europe where men are men and not pussies that get triggered by words. Grow some balls you faggot.
    I'm eastern European too you buffoon. You're acting like a Saudi Arabic islamic worshipper, not like a European.

Yet, we're talking about Blizzard here.
    Are they his "goverment"?
    No - may have missed his point, but FoS doesn't exist against Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    If it's a friend no - but they aren't trying to be malicious. It doesn't bother me if someone calls something gay, but when you ask me (which people have) "Do you like dick in your butt?" in an extremely condescending way, you're supposed to give it no meaning? It's easier said than done.

How about, don't be an asshole in the first place? Why is it up to my reaction, let's be a proactive society and stop hating each other, rather than having to react to homophobes. The problem isn't my reaction, the problem is the fact they're homophobic to begin with. So don't make this about us being the problem, make it about the people who are causing the issues.
    If the problem is a couple of scary words, the reaction/'punishment' should be a couple of scary words. Just call him a faggot as well and you will live stress-free. The real "problem" is that you think faggot is a particularly meaningful word, when someone is just trying to make an inflammatory comment. If we stopped all use of the word faggot, people would still insult you in other ways in a competitive environment. If you'd like to be a "proactive society and stop hating each other" you're going to have to eliminate the human brain. Your own perception of homophobes reflects hate. Making dumb insults isn't mature, but neither is being passive aggressive or blowing things out of proportion. Nobody is objectively or even morally wrong in this scenario; you say they started it but they can easily turn it back on you with how you played or said something else that bothered them. Desensitize yourself or hit that mute button, you won't be the first or last person to be critical of words said to you.

If you call people faggots or cock suckers or anything of that ilk, and you think it's not a homophobic remark, you are delusional. Grow up.

I'm eastern European too you buffoon. You're acting like a Saudi Arabic islamic worshipper, not like a European.

No - may have missed his point, but FoS doesn't exist against Blizz.
    Thats my point...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Electraheart View Post
    I'd rather play with only me and my two friends than having people drop homophobic comments every goddamn game
    I have nothing against gays/LGBTQ and hope them the best in their lives. I'm for gay marriage and think they should have the exact same rights as the heterosexuals (including right to adopt, join the military, etc). However, getting butthurt over someone calling you a "faggot" in a competitive video game is your own little sensitive snowflake fault. People like you is the reason why Trump is in office right now, you pull so hard to the left that Democrat moderates in the middle like myself recoil to the right.

If shit like this keeps up, we'll be getting another Republican after Trump.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-09-09 at 08:07 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    when I see people use the word faggots I just keep thinking they are referencing a British food item
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

You need to grow a thicker skin if comments online from people hidding behind a pc screen hurt you so much that you not only reported them but made a post in mmochamp aswell (which is an sjw heaven).

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    People already responded and i will add to it.

The internet doesnt care about your personal problems or your life.

There are always people that will say something more to trigger you, its how the internet works.

The only response to that is "Get a thicker skin", simple as that.

There isnt anything you can do about it.

No one knows you, no one cares how you will react to words on a headset, or pixels on a screen, and at the same time when you respond like you do, you are showing weakness and only pushing them to do more.

Most of the comments are for that reason, to get a reaction out of you, learn to be passive.

So yes, Get a thicker skin, its the internet.
    " its the internet " is the most pathetic excuse anyone has ever come up with to excuse their abhorrent behavior.

If you are gonna be an abhorrent prick atleast fucking own up to it instead of making bullshit excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    People already responded and i will add to it.

The internet doesnt care about your personal problems or your life.

There are always people that will say something more to trigger you, its how the internet works.

The only response to that is "Get a thicker skin", simple as that.

There isnt anything you can do about it.

No one knows you, no one cares how you will react to words on a headset, or pixels on a screen, and at the same time when you respond like you do, you are showing weakness and only pushing them to do more.

Most of the comments are for that reason, to get a reaction out of you, learn to be passive.

So yes, Get a thicker skin, its the internet.
    Do you think the internet is some sort of vacuum with no connection to the real world?

You might want to google "enabling" btw and then fix your attitude so that it no longer seems to be written about you.