753. This poll is closed
  • Yes

385 51.13%
  • No

368 48.87%
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    It really is that simple, and I agree with you. Make Draenor Pathfinder and similar achievements a FoS with a mount-reward when its current content, and make it gold-gated when its obsolete with a new expansion.
    That is a great idea. We can do it with other achievements as well:

Invincibles Reins has been out for nearly 9 years. This should be sold in the stables for 50k.

Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest is more than 6 years old and should be sold for 100k.

Netherwing Drakes are at least 10 year old and should be purchasable in Shat for 50k.

Sometimes, taking what is "outdated" and selling it for gold can look stupid, especially to those who actually did it on their own after farming for it.

This is a message board where we discuss things concerning our favorite game.

If you dont like it get out of here, "bro".

It really is that simple, and I agree with you. Make Draenor Pathfinder and similar achievements a FoS with a mount-reward when its current content, and make it gold-gated when its obsolete with a new expansion.
    Really hater???

First of all, I will do EXACTLY as I damn well please, and you have serious control issues there by the way.

And did I say that this ISN'T a place to do that???

No???

Then why are you trying to ACT like I did???

So what you're saying, is that you're one of those "so what you're saying" word twisting haters lol???

Fail much there???

Just saying OK.....bro.....
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-08 at 07:51 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Well you denying and not recognizing your pointlessness is just part of your pointlessness.
    On the other hand, claiming posts that do not agree with you are 'pointless' does not automatically make them so.

And again: talking down to people who do not agree with you will not earn you any favors from others, and won't make your posts look any better. In fact, it's the opposite: they only make your post look worse.

Add flying to a quest. Make the achievement reward a mount.
    Why? It's obsolete content. There is no reason to make any changes there.

If you think I want to remove the full achievement you misunderstood from the very beginning.
    I never wrote anything to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    On the other hand, claiming posts that do not agree with you are 'pointless' does not automatically make them so.

And again: talking down to people who do not agree with you will not earn you any favors from others, and won't make your posts look any better. In fact, it's the opposite: they only make your post look worse.

It is so common for people here to try and act like their opinion is the only one that matters.

That is one of the biggest sub-parts to the biggest problem in the WoW community, which is that we currently have a VERY toxic community.

Well, what I did years ago here (the Blizz community), was to use logic and objectivity to "prove" (for lack of a better word, since you can't really prove anything objectively) that Blizz does not owe us (the players) ANYTHING beyond what is outlined in the terms of use. Furthermore, the terms of use DOES NOT entitle us to any control of game development!!!

Blizz even has lawyers who work for them, who are prepared to answer any challenge to their rights in this way, and make no mistake, they very much ARE protected by Intellectual Property laws.

All this adds up to the fact that some of you guys are barking up the wrong tree here OK.

What "needs" to happen with game development is thus whatever Blizz wants it to be because of this "fact."

Now you can call it whatever you want, and you can try and challenge it even, but in the end you WILL lose if you try and control them, and the reason is because Blizz now knows very well that they are in charge of the development of their games, and they just so happen to be protected by the laws of the land in this case even OK.....
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-08 at 08:35 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

I think this is a legitimate problem, and it clearly shows how pathfinder system is not good on the long run. And we will have yet another pain in the ass pathfinder with Legion's end...
    And yes, they should sell Pandaria flying when you reach 85, or make it accounwide. That is just ridicilous at this point.
    Last edited by Lei; 2017-09-08 at 08:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    I obviously meant a story as to why you can not fly there to begin with, and getting the ability to do so as told by the quest itself.
    Read my first post as everything you ever wanted to know is already written there.
    So the achievement is only obsolete if they add your idea of quests for why you can't fly. Which means that it is currently not obsolete and thus not in need of change by your own argument because it still has value. Again your own words defeat your argument.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So the achievement is only obsolete if they add your idea of quests for why you can't fly. Which means that it is currently not obsolete and thus not in need of change by your own argument because it still has value. Again your own words defeat your argument.
    lol you just reached operating theton level 8! congratulations L. Ron hubbard would be proud of you were he not 10 feet under.

you just proved you can't understand abstract concepts - /a sign of autism by the way, don't take it personally, I'm just stating facts)

Nonsense upon nonsense you should start to question your own existence as well like all great "philisophers" in the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrossed View Post
    lol you just reached operating theton level 8! congratulations L. Ron hubbard would be proud of you were he not 10 feet under.

you just proved you can't understand abstract concepts - /a sign of autism by the way, don't take it personally, I'm just stating facts)

Nonsense upon nonsense you should start to question your own existence as well like all great "philisophers" in the asylum
    It is said that those without arguments but also refuse to admit defeat resort to personal insults.

Your post up there gives great credence to that idea: nothing of substance regarding the subject at hand, and made with the intention to insult others.

Have a good day. Thread is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that pathfinder requirement for old addons is a bit silly.

Don't forget that Draenor is the current WoW content so it is unlikely they are going to obsolete it this way.

It is said that those without arguments but also refuse to admit defeat resort to personal insults.

Your post up there gives great credence to that idea: nothing of substance regarding the subject at hand, and made with the intention to insult others.

Have a good day. Thread is over.
    Yep your nonsense is over. not a single argument could be brought up by you to the very end.
    your life and the pathfinder system is obsolete, to be exchanged for a quest based flight mechanic unlock in the future akin to pet battle pet quest unlocks.

Mods you can lock safely now.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-09-09 at 05:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay , skip the mount reward for people doing it when its outdated then and have the mount exclusively for those who played the expansion when that was current. Either way people have a choice when they reach Draenor to buy a flight license, and people who did the FoS have nothing to complain about since theyre "special snowflakes" now with a mount that proves it. Is that better?
    I don't know that they really need to modify or remove anything. If they are removed, why bother getting achieves when you can just buy the achieve in the next expac? Makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last several pages of this thread have descended into mostly circular arguments, baiting, and trolling. Rather than hand out numerous infractions for bad behavior we'll assume this has been talked to death and this is what's left.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."