Poll: Best one is? (Woops, forgot Cata)

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best continent/planet based on the landscape?

Personally, my favourite continent is Pandaria ( I liked MoP before it ended ). It was easy on the eyes, compared to what we have now. The landscape there was pretty diverse, and combined with the music it felt like the game still had that touch to it.

Northrend is probably my second favourite. I remember asking my brother around 8 years ago - "What do people like so much about a frozen wasteland full of walking corpses?". But then I saw places like the Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills.

Unlike Legion - the same thing over and over. Mac'Aree barely saved Argus for me. I am aware this is a Burning Legion-based expansion, but the demon fatigue/fel started at the end of WoD and hasn't ended. Thankfully it won't last forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Northrend without a doubt. There's still something about that place, to this day, that just feels so... epic. You mentioned Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills which were two perfectly crafted zones.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Northrend, I miss really big zones. I don't mind things being spread out at all.

Pandaria, some zones in Northrend and some in Cata such as Uldum

I wanted to vote cata for Vashj'ir, which is top of the top for me but I didn't want to vote the other areas, so I go with Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria is just too beautiful. 10/10 would retire there.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love the Argus design based on the actual skyboxes. Can't call it a full expansion continent, but the skybox makes it more unique after all those years.

Vanilla WoW still has a special place, on foot the world felt bigger, obviously due to lower travel speed but also the view angle.

Computers were also worse back then so everything was covered in fog and less overall details even from flight paths.

Also think the overall zone-level structure was pretty okay, despite dungeons being far away on-foot, it was more of an adventure game during leveling anyway.

Can't really say any "best" continent cause each had their own niche, feel and atmosphere based on the current timing of the expansion.

Obviously the view distance these days, and extra water/ground clutter and better anti-aliasing makes the game feel different then during their respective expansion launches.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-09-09 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I wanted to vote cata for Vashj'ir, which is top of the top for me but I didn't want to vote the other areas, so I go with Pandaria.
    Sorry about that, if I made every Cata zone separate the poll would become way too long. But then again, that's how Cata was..

Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    Sorry about that, if I made every Cata zone separate the poll would become way too long. But then again, that's how Cata was..
    Nah it make sense in my head, that was basically Cata's "continent". I just had strongly varied opinions over the different areas of that expansion.

Pandaria was nice. It had large zones with no annoying obstacles in them. The contined also felt more natural, because the progression of the zones was clear as it went from low terrain to high mountains.

Deleted
    Pandaria, before the Garroshification of the Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Pandaria, before the Garroshification of the Vale.
    I would like it if they added a bronze dragon similar to the one at Theramore and the Blasted lands for the rewind option there as well.

Northrend and/or Pandaria.

Personally, Pandaria "flowed" well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria, close runner up, northrend
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Northrend will always be my favorite continent. - Snowy mountains, gorgeous landscapes, great music just to summarize it.

Vashj'ir will always be my favorite zone. - Being in the ocean with a huge sprawling naga population was amazing and I have never felt so immersed in a single zone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Draenor is amazing from an art point of view. Northrend is a close #2 for me. I have a lot of nostalgia for it, but a lot of it is nostalgia. Northrend has aged better than BC and vanilla but it's still old at this point.

Legion landscape/terrain is completely awful. The mountains/cliffs/caves everywhere and the mobs being packed into every square inch just makes it feel so claustrophobic.

Pandaria definitely had some of the best zone layouts. Can we get that zone design back again, please?

7+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the look and feel of Northrend. Pandaria was quite nice too. In Cata I was pretty impressed with Vashjir but the rest was merely ok. TBC was nice at the time. Vanilla was pretty cool when it was new. WoD felt a bit rehashed; I don't think there was a single time in WoD where I thought "wow, this area is cool!" I haven't played Legion at all so I can't speak to it.

In summary: Northrend continues to be my favorite with Pandaria being a close second.

For me:

1. Argus. Why? Cause, Mac'aree. Also, Antorus looks AMAZING! Oh, and the Golden Vindicaar.

2. Pandaria. Why? Well, simple. It's magical, soft, and near.

3. Draenor. The Zones are pretty, Talador is Red and has a Deja Vu feel to it, SMV is blue, everything else is neat.

4. Vanilla WoW Zones. You know why.

5. Northrend.

And 6. TBC.

Honorable Mentions: The Broken Isles, and The Cata Zones.

draenor, actually.

the world itself is gorgeous imo.