Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The dead Galakrond will be much weaker than the living one, for it will lose mass and breath

Chromatus will likely be used in a 5 Man dungeon next expac. Likely reanimated.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    Malygos alone would literally banish them in the way Helya/Ra did.

If you consider Deathwing an Aspect too, he would probably 1v4 them.

There's no direct lore on this.
    Ragnaros didn't bow down and kiss Deathwing's ass out of fear. Deathwing just told Big Old Rag that he could burn shit around Hyjai and that was why Ragnaros worked with him. If Ragnaros wasn't even scared of Deathwing than all four elemental Lords together would bully Deathwing. Neptulon would tidal wave Deathwing to his doom and drown him in the sea if Deathwing is foolish enough to fight him in the middle of the ocean. Deathwing can't hurt Ragnaros cause the former uses fire. I can understand a demon hurting Rag with fel fire but Deathwing only has regular fire in his body. I can see Deathwing destroying the air and earth elemental lords tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    The dead Galakrond will be much weaker than the living one, for it will lose mass and breath
    In wow lore, being undead always made the person stronger, look at saurfang and many other examples. You keep your strength and endurance but now you'll never feel tired and you never need to eat. You are also harder to kill. A win win in all stats.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Chromatus will likely be used in a 5 Man dungeon next expac. Likely reanimated.
    Maybe so but they won't stop him from being the big cheese of all dragons along with Galakrond. Helya was a 5 man and she was already stronger than Deathwing.

Neltharion was stuffed with enough Old God power to be gigantic and unkillable without the overkill of the Dragon Soul. He was further armored with elementium plates, about the toughest metal there is. And though twisted, he was the Aspect empowered by the Titans.

Chromatus was practically indestructible. Possessed the powers of 5 dragons. Seemingly the ability to absorb knowledge from dead ones, was highly intelligent and adaptable, and built to counter the Aspects in every way. Even the secret golden power unlocked by combining all 5 Aspect powers, he was beginning to uncover some dark version of.

Galakrond was big.

That's not to say Galakrond had nothing on his side. His breath weapon causes confusion and inaction. And those he swallowed, he could regurgitate as undead. If freshly raised after death that sounds extremely powerful as a tool for the Scourge. Perhaps harder to work with now that he's just fleshless bones. But overall, he seems to lack the resistances his competitors had. He's just... big.

Don't get me wrong. Galakrond would be terrifying. But I don't see him able to go toe to toe with the other two. Except maybe if he used his abilities to raise an army of undead monsters at his side first.

Deathwing vs Chromatus would have been way more interesting. Did Deathwing's son make something that could best his father?
    I believe so, but only if Chromatus was given time to mature. Deathwing's ability to shrug off all attacks that don't completely destroy him is quite a nuisance... Even if torn apart, Deathwing survives as tentacled monstrosity. His armor merely keeps him in a dragon-like shape.

Despite Chromatus' extreme power, he was but a child. If given time, I believe he would have become able to master a chromatic blast comparable to the Dragon Soul to destroy Deathwing, by combining all the powers of his dragon types. He was beginning to master such power, but it was too late against the Aspects. It would have been too late against Deathwing too.

So for me it's: Matured Chromatus > Deathwing > Newly awakened Chromatus > Galakrond.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-09-09 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Ragnaros didn't bow down and kiss Deathwing's ass out of fear. Deathwing just told Big Old Rag that he could burn shit around Hyjai and that was why Ragnaros worked with him. If Ragnaros wasn't even scared of Deathwing than all four elemental Lords together would bully Deathwing. Neptulon would tidal wave Deathwing to his doom and drown him in the sea if Deathwing is foolish enough to fight him in the middle of the ocean. Deathwing can't hurt Ragnaros cause the former uses fire. I can understand a demon hurting Rag with fel fire but Deathwing only has regular fire in his body. I can see Deathwing destroying the air and earth elemental lords tho.

- - - Updated - - -

In wow lore, being undead always made the person stronger, look at saurfang and many other examples. You keep your strength and endurance but now you'll never feel tired and you never need to eat. You are also harder to kill. A win win in all stats.

Maybe so but they won't stop him from being the big cheese of all dragons along with Galakrond. Helya was a 5 man and she was already stronger than Deathwing.
    Name five major character that was ressurected without being turned into a dk or a lich which became stronger? Sindragossa part of her magical power and knowledge which gave her the power she had.

Also most elemental lords are imprisoned in their realms and they have only once worked together and they just wanr war with each other. Also it was said that Al'akir was scared of Deathwing powers and elementals lords where never scared of each others powers. Also Deathwing was virtuallu indestruticble the elementium armor on him could only be detsroyed by the use of dragon soul. Which beams alone are stronger than those that aspects and thrall used against Chromatus.
    Last edited by Terongor; 2017-09-09 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Name five major character that was ressurected without being turned into a dk or a lich which became stronger? Sindragossa part of her magical power and knowledge which gave her the power she had.
    Alright my mistake, being a regular undead won't make a person stronger but special undead like the DK, Lich, and dragon would. It seems every notable undead dragon became stronger. I think there was even a quest line from the Lich King saying Sindragossa would become even stronger in undead or something. And Galakronk is a very important dragon so the Lich King would certainly give special treatment in enhancing his powers if they do reanimate him.

Alright my mistake, being a regular undead won't make a person stronger but special undead like the DK, Lich, and dragon would. It seems every notable undead dragon became stronger. I think there was even a quest line from the Lich King saying Sindragossa would become even stronger in undead or something. And Galakronk is a very important dragon so the Lich King would certainly give special treatment in enhancing his powers if they do reanimate him.
    LK would make galakrass on purpose stronger but most dangerous part of dragons is their skill with magic which rarely proto dragons have and galakrass have it neither. He would be strong yes but in that small stories dawn of the aspects they nearly defeated Galakrass even without tyr but the zombie proto dragons that spawned from his flesh saved him. which came through eating other proto-dragons. and him being made undead he would lose that zombie protodrake spawn ability. he would be strong yes but he was very slow even for his size and he wouldn't have affinity for any magic even.

A Aspect really isn't all that powerful. A elemental Lord could defeat a Aspect. Galakronk was a portion of the zone's size. His Undead Ice Breathe would had been massive, completely wiping a Aspect out in 1 shot. A Undead Galakrond may even be able to beat not just Deathwing but also Archimonde too possibly. We defeated Archimonde with the help of a arch mage, a learning a paladin, and a strong warrior. And I can't imagine the same group trying to beat a Undead Galakronk, a portion of the zone's size. There was a reason the quest to resurrect him was never completed. He would had destroy everything in it's path at that time.
    I believe you are vastly underestimate the Aspects while overestimating Galakrond. Alexstraza pointed out that dozens of Twilight Drakes were too few to defeat two Aspects (her & Ysera) in fine fighting form. Kalecgos, shortly after ascended to Aspect, defeated a number of dragons. Again, all dragons are more powerful and smarter than proto-drakes. Galakrond wasn't able to defeat five smart and powerful proto-drake working together, for that matter. If its breath wasn't strong / fast enough to kill a proto-drake, fat chance it's going to kill, or even just hit, an Aspect.

Undead Galakrond, defeating Archimonde? No way. Nope. Nein. Arienai. You must have missed that in the fight against Archimonde, we were also empowered by a Naaru (for the Alliance) and the Elemental Furies (for the Horde) - the empowerment was powerful enough to be comparable to the power of the heart of a planet. It wasn't just us throwing ourselves again him with our own power alone + Khadgar / Grom / Yrel. By himself, Archimonde can destroy a planet. Galakrond isn't going to be more durable than a planet, and it isn't even fast enough to prevent that either.

You seems to place a lot into Galakrond being massively big. However, size doesn't really mean much in a fantasy story, especially when magic power is involved. Azshara and Aegwynn, for example, and Medivh as well were tiny: human / elf-sized. They were also possible of unleashing destruction that bigger being - like Galakrond - were not. A portion of the zone size? Azshara sundered Azsuna by herself. Illidan, with the help of a dozens of souls, unleashed an exposion that can destroy an entire continent. An unnamed Eredar - possibly Archimonde or Kil'Jaeden - destroyed a planet, ripped its entire surface apart with a single spell (that didn't even take long to cast). All of those were destruction with a scale higher than a portion of a zone. I mean no offense, but if you can't imagine us defeating Galakrond, you may want to work on your imagination. Size might help a bit, but it by far isn't the most important factor in a fight. You'll just make a bigger target unless you are planet-sized with presumably similar level durability like Sargeras. Galakrond might be physically stronger at best, but it is far from being more powerful.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-09-09 at 09:39 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Nefartian and Yoss 'Garrozzh were also coolio.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Chromatus is someone they'll probably save for a possible filler expansion after the void lord stuff is over.
    Seems like the perfect villain to force the heroes back to Azeroth after being gone for a while.

Deleted
    What even? Where you getting this fantasy from? Is it self-made or something?

Neltharion in his Deathwing form would absolutely destroy the elemental lords. There's no questioning it. The elemental lords were never able to fight the old gods, and even Helya with Ra banished them according to Chronicles. They stood no chance against the old-god beefed Deathwing, even combined.

Chromatus probably can't even be harmed even if they tried blasting him with the dragon soul and he's not even at full power yet. When Deathwing came out of Deepholm in the intro. He shattered the World Shatter which was the reason the mini sundering happened. In the final battle, him using his final attack was going to destroy the world pillar completely which would be the reason a sundering was going to happen if we didn't stop him. A frost breath from a Undead Dragon the size of Galakrond would freeze Deathwing to the bones. and Chromatus would just scrub the floor with him, leaving a trail of molten paintjob from Deathwing's corpse.
    Speculation. Dragon Soul is one of the strongest artifacts of Azeroth origin and the idea to use it against Deathwing came only out of desperation. So it's not like it was deeply considered while they were wondering what to do with Chromatus' body. Blizzard hinted at Old Gods factoring into the Cataclysm, so pinning it all on the World Pillar isn't entirely accurate. Especially since, again, Deathwing was capable of using the spell on Azeroth. Also again, Deathwing was escaping to Deepholm. It's even mentioned in the raid after Ultraxion encounter. By Nozdormu, I think. So the fact that his final fight was at Maelstrom was not because he needed to be there to cast the Cataclysm, but because he was cut off before he could slip away. The idea of freezing someone literally oozing lava seems rather implausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I believe you are vastly underestimate the Aspects while overestimating Galakrond. Alexstraza pointed out that dozens of Twilight Drakes were too few to defeat two Aspects (her & Ysera) in fine fighting form. Kalecgos, shortly after ascended to Aspect, defeated a number of dragons. Again, all dragons are more powerful and smarter than proto-drakes. Galakrond wasn't able to defeat five smart and powerful proto-drake working together, for that matter. If its breath wasn't strong / fast enough to kill a proto-drake, fat chance it's going to kill, or even just hit, an Aspect.

Undead Galakrond, defeating Archimonde? No way. Nope. Nein. Arienai. You must have missed that in the fight against Archimonde, we were also empowered by a Naaru (for the Alliance) and the Elemental Furies (for the Horde) - the empowerment was powerful enough to be comparable to the power of the heart of a planet. It wasn't just us throwing ourselves again him with our own power alone + Khadgar / Grom / Yrel. By himself, Archimonde can destroy a planet. Galakrond isn't going to be more durable than a planet, and it isn't even fast enough to prevent that either.

You seems to place a lot into Galakrond being massively big. However, size doesn't really mean much in a fantasy story, especially when magic power is involved. Azshara and Aegwynn, for example, and Medivh as well were tiny: human / elf-sized. They were also possible of unleashing destruction that bigger being - like Galakrond - were not. A portion of the zone size? Azshara sundered Azsuna by herself. Illidan, with the help of a dozens of souls, unleashed an exposion that can destroy an entire continent. An unnamed Eredar - possibly Archimonde or Kil'Jaeden - destroyed a planet, ripped its entire surface apart with a single spell (that didn't even take long to cast). All of those were destruction with a scale higher than a portion of a zone. I mean no offense, but if you can't imagine us defeating Galakrond, you may want to work on your imagination. Size might help a bit, but it by far isn't the most important factor in a fight. You'll just make a bigger target unless you are planet-sized with presumably similar level durability like Sargeras. Galakrond might be physically stronger at best, but it is far from being more powerful.
    You got a point there, people like Azshara and Aegwynn would prove very troublesome for Galakrond and like you said, his size would make him a very bad target. But in this case, Bolvar can just teleport in and pay Azshara and Aegwynn a visit. Bolvar being the Lich King should be able to easily force grip either one of them to their doom.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    What even? Where you getting this fantasy from? Is it self-made or something?

Neltharion in his Deathwing form would absolutely destroy the elemental lords. There's no questioning it. The elemental lords were never able to fight the old gods, and even Helya with Ra banished them according to Chronicles. They stood no chance against the old-god beefed Deathwing, even combined.
    Not true cause I'm questioning it. I find it very unlikely Deathwing could be able to beat Ragnaros in the firelands. Especially once Big Rag gets on his feet and starts bashing Deathwing's armor in. I can see Deathwing being strong enough to banish him in the physical realm but not in the firelands. I can also see the Water Lord messing Deathwing up if the latter were stupid enough to fight in the middle of the ocean. Deathwing is dangerous because of what he can do to the world pillar but by himself, he ain't that powerful really or else you wouldn't even see people in other forums still debating whether the Lich King or Archimonde ir weaker or stronger than him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Speculation. Dragon Soul is one of the strongest artifacts of Azeroth origin and the idea to use it against Deathwing came only out of desperation. So it's not like it was deeply considered while they were wondering what to do with Chromatus' body. Blizzard hinted at Old Gods factoring into the Cataclysm, so pinning it all on the World Pillar isn't entirely accurate. Especially since, again, Deathwing was capable of using the spell on Azeroth. Also again, Deathwing was escaping to Deepholm. It's even mentioned in the raid after Ultraxion encounter. By Nozdormu, I think. So the fact that his final fight was at Maelstrom was not because he needed to be there to cast the Cataclysm, but because he was cut off before he could slip away. The idea of freezing someone literally oozing lava seems rather implausible.
    Deathwing shattered the World Pillar and in the final battle, he somehow ended up in the Maelstorm again out of all the places. Seems safe to assume it's because he was going to destroy the world pillar again. Way too accurate for the fight being there to be consider a coincidence. Chromatus was inactive so the Dragon Aspects had all the time in the world to try and destroy him. Had Deathwing been in the same state, I would bet the Dragon Aspects would be able to damage or do something to him. Galakrond is large enough to grab and force Deathwing down the spire, impaling him like in the end times scenario. And Deathwing isn't the type to try and avoid a attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    galakronds retarded little brother
    Damn I lost so hard.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Chromatus' purpose was to destroy the Aspects. I think this would include Deathwing too, eventually. I always thought it was Chromatus who impaled Deathwing on Wyrmrest Temple in the bad future.
    Bad future?

What do you mean bad future?

End Time was the best possible future. Murozond chose that timeline for a reason.

You got a point there, people like Azshara and Aegwynn would prove very troublesome for Galakrond and like you said, his size would make him a very bad target. But in this case, Bolvar can just teleport in and pay Azshara and Aegwynn a visit. Bolvar being the Lich King should be able to easily force grip either one of them to their doom.

- - - Updated - - -

wtf are you talking about??

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

where do you get all of this??? dude undead saurfang was a dk, hewas empowered by the lich King and granted a perfect body, what happened with galakrod is a completely different matter. before discussing about lore you should at least read wowpedia to understand what you are talking about.

Helya could never be stronger tan an aspect, let alone deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    wtf are you talking about??

- - - Updated - - -

where do you get all of this??? dude undead saurfang was a dk, hewas empowered by the lich King and granted a perfect body, what happened with galakrod is a completely different matter. before discussing about lore you should at least read wowpedia to understand what you are talking about.

Helya could never be stronger tan an aspect, let alone deathwing
    I'm saying if Azshara or Aegwynn is giving Galakrond too much trouble than Bolvar would come and kill them himself. He's the Lich King.

Every undead dragon seems to able to use frost breath so Galakrond would have a mega sized frost breath strong enough to destroy a town in one attack. Helya or Odyn would mop the floor with any aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Undead Galakrond could be a substantial threat. Chromatus at least if I remember right was a threat to even aspects. Also, as someone else said he wasn't at full power(Or prematurely awakened can't remember which is true). Anything Undead is generally stronger then what they were in life.

Imagine any Aspect raised into Undeath.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-09-10 at 12:54 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm sure Undead Galakrond could be a substantial threat. Chromatus at least if I remember right was a threat to even aspects. Also, as someone else said he wasn't at full power(Or prematurely awakened can't remember which is true). Anything Undead is generally stronger then what they were in life.

Imagine any Aspect raised into Undeath.
    where do people get this shit xD?? dude undeath makes you inmortal, not more powerful and what matters is the way an undead was resurrected, deathknights empowered by the lich King and granted a perfect body are not the same than your common undead, normal undead are just as strong as humans, what makes them better at battle is that they dont feel pain

- - - Updated - - -

I'm saying if Azshara or Aegwynn is giving Galakrond too much trouble than Bolvar would come and kill them himself. He's the Lich King.

Every undead dragon seems to able to use frost breath so Galakrond would have a mega sized frost breath strong enough to destroy a town in one attack. Helya or Odyn would mop the floor with any aspect.
    dude, Bolvar is a lot weaker than arthas was when he was the lich King because bolvar doesnt have a frostmourne full of souls to give him power, azshara could easily beat lich King arthas at his peak, she is not going to have trouble beating bolvar, you seem to not know much about lore

10+ Year Old Account
    where do people get this shit xD?? dude undeath makes you inmortal, not more powerful and what matters is the way an undead was resurrected, deathknights empowered by the lich King and granted a perfect body are not the same than your common undead, normal undead are just as strong as humans, what makes them better at battle is that they dont feel pain

Because it's based on what we know about Undeath.

dude, Bolvar is a lot weaker than arthas was when he was the lich King because bolvar doesnt have a frostmourne full of souls to give him power, azshara could easily beat lich King arthas at his peak, she is not going to have trouble beating bolvar, you seem to not know much about lore
    Bolvar is not weak. He's pretty much a powerful threat that is our *friend*...for now. He may not have Frostmourne but even before Arthas merged with Ner'zhul he was still a massive threat.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi