Accounts wrongfully closed after 2 $50 upgrades

I have documentation showing that the reason given for closing the accounts is false, which I will provide if any ArenaNet representative asks for it.

My wife and I have been playing Guild Wars 2 since December 2016, and saving up money to buy the expansions, looking forward to that eagerly. Finally, September 1, we both bought "Heart of Thorns" and "Path of Fire," using my PayPal account. Our reward for that has been first to have our accounts suspended with no notification and no explanation, and then after waiting two days for a response from support, to both be falsely accused of fraudulent purchase attempts, and told that our accounts are "permanently closed" and "ineligible to be reopened for any reason," and that "further replies may not receive a response." ArenaNet has kept our $100, and not only has it not allowed us to play the expansions we paid for, it has even deprived us of the free game that we've been playing since December, and defamed us, without providing any way for us to contest the allegation of fraudulent purchase attempts, which is demonstrably false.

Because of the time limit to submit a claim to PayPal, I've already submitted claims to ask for refunds for both payments, but even if our money is refunded, I'm hoping for the false allegations to be retracted; for us to be able to continue to play on our same accounts with or without the expansions; and for us to be compensated somehow for the time that we've been wrongfully deprived of playing it, and for the dishonest, cruel, and treacherous treatment that we've received from ArenaNet.

LOL.

/10 chars

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    ????????????????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    LOL.

/10 chars
    This pretty much sums this thread up.

OP, not sure what you expect by posting this on a third-party site.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    This pretty much sums this thread up.

A third-party site of that game's direct concurrence...^^

Posting here won't really solve anything. You could try making a ticket here: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You don't need to be logged in there submit an anonymous ticket.

Wouldn't providing the PayPal transaction confirming the payment suffice as proof? Makes no sense why they call fraud, if the money is in their account. :/

Unsure how the chargeback will be viewed on their end though, suddenly they have proof you are trying to get your money back from the bank.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You should post this in the official forums, and maybe /r/GuildWars2, on Reddit (you get developers responses there!). Good luck retrieving your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    I'm hoping it will be seen by someone from ArenaNet who will be able and willing to do something about it. The message from Guild Wars support said that it might not respond to any replies from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhabegger View Post
    I'm hoping it will be seen by someone from ArenaNet who will be able and willing to do something about it. The message from Guild Wars support said that it might not respond to any replies from me.
    Why exactly would someone from ArenaNet see it on a 3rd party WoW based site with one GW sub-forum?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

No one from ArenaNet is going to reply to you here or contact you. You need to try and contact them directly in another form.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    ...and for us to be compensated somehow for the time that we've been wrongfully deprived of playing it, and for the dishonest, cruel, and treacherous treatment that we've received from ArenaNet.
    Love your attempt at legalese but how is this CRUEL and treacherous treatment? It's a VIDEO GAME. It's not 10 years hard labor for something inane. Yes I get you put time and effort into characters, opening the world, doing quests, doing raids and parties and events but this isn't exactly cruel. I'm sorry you got your account closed but I'm thinking the exaggeration is a bit over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    Wouldn't providing the PayPal transaction confirming the payment suffice as proof?
    I don't know if that would prove anything to them or not, but in any case they closed the door to further discussion, in their only response to our tickets, after the auto-acknowledgment:
    Hello,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your issue.

After review of your account, our payment processor has determined that a purchase attempt that occurred on this account, or an account associated with this account, met certain criteria and displayed characteristics highly indicative of fraudulent purchase attempts or has committed fraudulent purchase attempts. As a result of these criteria or associations, this account has been permanently closed and is ineligible to be reopened for any reason.

Unfortunately, there is no further assistance or information we can provide you regarding this issue or account. Further replies may not receive a response.
    Regards,
    That isn't saying that they did not receive the payment. It's worse than that. The expansions were added to our accounts, and we were able to play one time after that. The next time we tried to play, we got a message saying that our accounts were suspended "for an account issue." That means that they can claim that the item was delivered. It also means that we didn't know that our accounts were permanently closed, until a week later, giving us less time to meet PayPal's deadline for submitting a claim. They took our $100, pretended to deliver the service, then after letting us play one time, closed our accounts under false pretenses, closing the door to any further discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Propelled View Post
    Posting here won't really solve anything. You could try making a ticket ...
    We did that, and the only response after the auto-acknowledgment was to tell us that our accounts were permanently closed, with no possibility to be re-opened, and no possibility for discussion.

Well, wtf do you expect will happen by you posting this on a website that's not even first and foremost dedicated to GW2, and defo not handled by official developers and GM's of said game...?

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    No one from ArenaNet is going to reply to you here or contact you. You need to try and contact them directly in another form.
    I'm not hoping for anyone from ArenaNet to reply to me here or to contact me. I'm hoping for someone to look into it, see that they've made a mistake, and correct it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    Wouldn't providing the PayPal transaction confirming the payment suffice as proof?
    I wrote you a long reply, but it went into moderation. I'm not sure that would prove anything to them or not. They aren't claiming that we didn't pay. They're accusing us of some unspecified fraudulent purchase attempts.

I'm not hoping for anyone from ArenaNet to reply to me here or to contact me. I'm hoping for someone to look into it, see that they've made a mistake, and correct it.

- - - Updated - - -

I wrote you a long reply, but it went into moderation. I'm not sure that would prove anything to them or not. They aren't claiming that we didn't pay. They're accusing us of some unspecified fraudulent purchase attempts.
    I'll get right on it!

Closing this down as it's not been the most productive thread, and unfortunately there's no real room for discussion as there's nothing that can be done via a third party site about this.