Page 59 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    because the rights of gay people to live normal lives is of more value the the rights of people to deny them that.
    its not the only cake store in the world. Gays dont have a right to any cake they want nobody does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Asking a Christian to bake a cake for a gay wedding is offensive to the Christian....
    I'm sure serving black people is offensive for many "Christians" as well, how ever the law is very clear on discrimination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    But you're saying they shouldn't be treated this way, you seem to think they just get whatever they want whenever they want now.
    You're damn right, because in this instance if I cheated on my wife and was on my 3rd divorce these people would have no problem putting whatever the fuck I like on that cake, they would treat me like a paying customer.

This isn't treating gay people bad, this is denying them their basic rights afforded to any member of the public.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    So you want to shit on the 1st amendment to cater to gay ppl?
    but imagine you can get those 2-3% to vote for you while increasing support from your base. and bingo now we have the real reason.

its not the only cake store in the world. Gays dont have a right to any cake they want nobody does.
    Christians don't have the right to open a public business but only serve the parts of the public they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't pump gas at privately owned gas pumps.
    smh

no clue how it works huh

um what gas pumps do you go to that are owned by the state?

Yeah but this cashier really doesnt like dykes and who are you gona call about it.

You need that gas, this is a hypothetical that could easily happen with your logic

Christians don't have the right to open a public business but only serve the parts of the public they like.
    you obviously never read the constitution or the 1st amendment.
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You're damn right, because in this instance if I cheated on my wife and was on my 3rd divorce these people would have no problem putting whatever the fuck I like on that cake, they would treat me like a paying customer.

This isn't treating gay people bad, this is denying them their basic rights afforded to any member of the public.
    Thats an assumption, you haven't ever been into a store and said "Hey I am getting divorced and I want you to make me a big lavish cake with words "fuck you bitch, were done" and than have it sent to her house. Do it for me, just to prove me wrong. Go and find a christian baker and prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want to shit on the 1st amendment to cater to gay ppl?
    Are you out of your fucking mind, this has nothing to do with free fucking speech, really you doubling down on the law and applying something that has nothing to do with it, or you simply running out of bullshit along with everyone else rubber stamping this.

You are a business if you have a operator's license you have to abide by certain standards of practice, which goes anywhere from how you design the signage on your building to whether you have easily able to be understood visible exist, how you prepare food and clean your facility to serve "The Public"

That includes how you treat people under the law that superseeds your personal beliefs, if you want to cater to only a certain demographic fine, but you give up certain protections and access based on your inability to serve everyone lawfully and legally within their right to purchase goods and service.

However above all that yes, I would say fuck your 1st 2nd and any other amendment if the price of that is to fuck over the ones whom they serve and have served it even given their lives.

I use ones which aren't private businesses.
    Must be hard to get fuel... Can't say I have ever been to a fuel station that wasn't privately owned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Thats an assumption, you haven't ever been into a store and said "Hey I am getting divorced and I want you to make me a big lavish cake with words "fuck you bitch, were done" and than have it sent to her house. Do it for me, just to prove me wrong. Go and find a christian baker and prove me wrong.
    Wrong burden, this isn't about what was on the cake as much as it was about who wanted it on it, sorry you failed to grasp that.

You realize any idiot can be the manager for a petrol station and they own the store/land and can just have the image rights for major companies like BP for example to get better deals with vendors etc rofl....

and quit dodging the question like some gross lawyer.

you obviously never read the constitution or the 1st amendment.
    the right to swing my fists ends at your nose, the rights of gay people to live normal lives trumps your right to deny them a service you are publicly offering to everyone else. you do not get to divest yourself from liability by turning your business into an llc while still trying to claim it keeps your religious commitments.

Are you out of your fucking mind, this has nothing to do with free fucking speech, really you doubling down on the law and applying something that has nothing to do with it, or you simply running out of bullshit along with everyone else rubber stamping this.

You are a business if you have a operator's license you have to abide by certain standards of practice, which goes anywhere from how you design the signage on your building to whether you have easily able to be understood visible exist, how you prepare food and clean your facility to serve "The Public"

That includes how you treat people under the law that superseeds your personal beliefs, if you want to cater to only a certain demographic fine, but you give up certain protections and access based on your inability to serve everyone lawfully and legally within their right to purchase goods and service.

However above all that yes, I would say fuck your 1st 2nd and any other amendment if the price of that is to fuck over the ones whom they serve and have served it even given their lives.
    LEARN to READ
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Wrong burden, this isn't about what was on the cake as much as it was about who wanted it on it, sorry you failed to grasp that.
    Don't fucking pussy out now. You've made the claim now back it up. Go and record yourself going into a Christian bakery asking for the above described cake.

Its everything about what was written. The writing on the cake is what makes it a "gay cake", otherwise its just a cake.

all gas stations are in some way owned privately....or do you think a shell station is owned by the state?

this isnt a private club bakery with membership tho, its a business that's ostensibly open to the public.
    That is what I assumed this "private business" really was, so if that is true, they most likely won't win this at the supreme court, but given lgbt rights debates are still pretty fresh in general in America, anything can happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    LEARN to READ
    You obviously failed to read because that isn't the issue, it has zero to do with what was written as it does who wants it. And you don't get to apply the line about gay people as a fucking religion.