Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't daze me bro.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Are you trolling lol? I am a perpetually "poor" player - I have no head for money either IRL or in-game. In the ENTIRETY of TBC I never saved up enough to afford 280 flying, that's how poor I am. Yet, same as every single other person in the game, as soon as I hit 70, I had enough for slow flying.

Your example was ludicrous, just deal with it lol. Unfortunately we can't just "level up" in Argus and avoid the (in my opinion) stupidly designed terrain.
    No. I am not trolling. I paid for epic flight in those days which involved fast flight for ONE character.

But, since you obviously came late to the game, in those days, Artisan Riding at lvl 70 was 5k gold.

http://www.online-multiplayer.com/wo...ing-mounts.php

"Artisan Riding - Requires lvl 70, Riding (225) allows the player to ride fast flying mounts that require riding skill of 300. Cost : 5000 gold"

Yeah, I had 45k total at the end of TBC from obsessively playing the AH and I only bought fast flying for my main. That was a LOT of money for the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    In most previous zones, mobs were placed far enough from roads that they wouldn't aggro. This meant you could get close to your destination before having to run through. Argus, not so much.
    not really, try to run through thousand needles for example (first to come to mind) in vanilla
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    No. I am not trolling. I paid for epic flight in those days which involved fast flight for ONE character.

But, since you obviously came late to the game, in those days, Artisan Riding at lvl 70 was 5k gold.

http://www.online-multiplayer.com/wo...ing-mounts.php

"Artisan Riding - Requires lvl 70, Riding (225) allows the player to ride fast flying mounts that require riding skill of 300. Cost : 5000 gold"

I don't think you quite understand, my friend. We were talking about flying to avoid mobs, NOT flying at the fastest speed in TBC. The cheap, slower flying in TBC was not 5k.

I quote the exact prices on release:

"Normal flying mount training costs 225Gold and the mount costs 50Gold."

For some reason I remember it was more along the lines of 900g. However, if you're actually saying that was hard for ANYONE to attain as soon as they hit 70, I really don't know what else to say to you.

Artisan flying (300 skill level, fast flying)required 225 skill points, which was normal flying. You could fly to avoid mobs as soon as you hit 70 in TBC (this is all but indisputable fact), therefore using that as an example as to why we need to "get over it" in Argus is an irrelevant comparison. What part of that don't you understand?
    Last edited by Constraint; 2017-09-10 at 02:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    When Blizzard designs consumables that prevent Daze, you know they WANT daze to be in the game.
    I personally find it a disgusting design.
    So many better alternatives...
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    not really, try to run through thousand needles for example (first to come to mind) in vanilla
    Fair enough, I remember lots of hyena packs and maybe centaurs close to the roads there. But fortunately that wasn't an end-game zone and there was literally no reason to return after initial questing. For many people, end-game is in Argus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeah, I had 45k total at the end of TBC from obsessively playing the AH and I only bought fast flying for my main. That was a LOT of money for the time.
    Completely agreed. Fortunately, it was just 1000g for slow flying, which was all you needed to avoid mobs/terrain, and you made more than that during questing.

There were maybe 2-3 spots in vanilla 1k needles where centaurs would run over the road. That's a huge difference from Argus where the roads just plain aren't safe, period.

Regarding TBC, I guess it might be server-specific but I don't see why it would be. Everybody, everybody, used the 160% flying mounts over the 200% ground mounts. We complained about the speed and hated it, but even molasses-slow flying was better than sticking to the ground.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-09-10 at 02:31 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, I remember lots of hyena packs and maybe centaurs close to the roads there. But fortunately that wasn't an end-game zone and there was literally no reason to return after initial questing. For many people, end-game is in Argus.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely agreed. Fortunately, it was just 1000g for slow flying, which was all you needed to avoid mobs/terrain, and you made more than that during questing.
    also had alot of stealthed cats who would stun you.
    Also then try to run from the bottem right of burning steppes to the top left without encounter mobs, there is mobs all around the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There is no distinction I'm trying to make. Combat is the fighting between two things. Only one thing is "attempting" to fight and not even hitting.

Because again it's not combat. It's forced attempt to delay and nothing more. I'm not in combat because I'm not fighting anything. That's the distinction.
    um, if you aggro monsters you get put into combat. that's how the game works whether you wanna split hairs about the semantics of it or not. whether or not you get dazed has no bearing on it and if monsters are running towards you, that means you have aggro and if you have aggro that means you're in combat. as in you can't stealth, mount, eat or do anything else you can't do when in combat. whether you decide to hit them back or not has no bearing on it. and how you got to be a moderator engaging in such arguments is beyond me.
    Last edited by Djanco; 2017-09-10 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    also had alot of stealthed cats who would stun you.
    Also then try to run from the bottem right of burning steppes to the top left without encounter mobs, there is mobs all around the road.
    Stop it, you're making me miss the old world even more! I remember spending a couple of hours one evening just running around the salt flats just before Tanaris, can't remember what it was called. Man that place was so beautiful in the moonlight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stop it, you're making me miss the old world even more! I remember spending a couple of hours one evening just running around the salt flats just before Tanaris, can't remember what it was called. Man that place was so beautiful in the moonlight.
    Salt flats... that was it. And yeah i spent alot of time there leveling because it took so fucking long to complete the quests

Barding, Demonsteel stirrups. We have developed the technology to avoid these problems; choosing not to use our best technology is a choice with consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

The one mechanic I would change is the one that prevents you from mounting just because a mob has agro on you. Mounting should be interrupted by actual attacks, not by a mob 100 yards away who is mean-mugging you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Again, this doesn't make you smart. It means you are done dealing with archaic methods of causing one thing to happen that you are forced to seek alternative ways of getting rid of it.
    How much more do you want them to dumb the game down? Resists are gone, hit is gone, expertise is good, crushing blows and crits on tanks are gone. Was 8% hit bad? Was 5.6% uncrittability bad? Was 104% defense bad?

Anyone who gets dazed is choosing this because they chose not to take the precautions available to every spec that would have prevented it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Never got dazed there cuz of this leggo https://imgur.com/a/0bJeV

Their idea of a demon filled "threatening" area of mobs just turns out to be a huge annoyance in the end.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Daze is a rather outdated and pointless mechanic gameplay wise, it's only use is artificially delaying progress
    this is the truth.

it's a worthless mechanic that should be done away with.

none of these mobs are dangerous, it's just a nuisance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely stumble on this issue on Argus. And when I do it's because I'm not being careful and am literally running through mobs instead swerving.

Part of the issue with Daze is they made all Legion zones claustrophobic. Here's hoping next expansion brings wider areas. Argus isn't much of an issue except for the first zone full of chasms.

I run through mobs constantly on Argus, have to admit I've been dismounted once, and only dazed a few times. More often than not when I'm running with dash in kitty form. This is as a balance druid