Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shmiskywalke View Post
    Well in all fairness her sweet cakes sucked anyway.
    I heard they were divine and only for heavens elite

"Loving thy neighbour"*

*Except gays.

I don't remember that part. Other than vague, tacked on stuff decades after the fact by people who never even met jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    John 15:20King James Version (KJV)

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
    You fucking serious, that line is about persecution you know what J didn't go around doing, asking are you gay before blessing them or helping them out, he said love everybody, turn the other cheek, sorry dude you quoting a really out of context scripture doesn't help you.

You standing up for tenants that the bible clearly states is against the will of his will is

John 2:20-23
    But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know. I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie is of the truth. Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

There is also pretty clear directives as to who does the judging when they are judges and what happens those who bare false witness for his own glory, we hate the sin not the sinner and we are abided to serve ALL with love.

There is also scripture about following the law, or are we going to cherry pick that also to subvert the message you seem to display.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    "Loving thy neighbour"*

*Except gays.

I don't remember that part. Other than vague, tacked on stuff decades after the fact by people who never even met jesus.
    The most annoying part is going by Jesus discriminating in the name of the lord is a sin punishable by death.. yet christians do love to discriminate against gay people and other religions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shmiskywalke View Post
    pft everyone knows the grass is where its at.
    No way dude, just say NO!! I don't want to turn into a cereal killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I wouldn't support that. I think there's a line here - completely refusing to serve a customer because of their religion, race, sexuality, etc is wrong and shouldn't be supported. However, refusing to do specific work, in their case, a wedding cake, should be considered. I would support a baker refusing to make an ISIS themed cake, or something like that. They should be able to refuse such a thing.

Maybe I'm misreading the article, but it doesn't seem like the baker was refusing to serve gay people - they could have bought a cake. He just didn't want to decorate a wedding cake for them because of his personal beliefs.
    Stop with the specific work already. They woudn't even let them pick out a fucking basic cake... and the bakers story keep changing.

OK so if everyone here wants to be so left next time The baker should have baked the cake and put flames on the side with the bride and groom melting... if they don't want the cake after that its up to them... You want to force someone to create a custom cake he should have full artistic control.

10+ Year Old Account
    That I wouldn't support that. I think there's a line here - completely refusing to serve a customer because of their religion, race, sexuality, etc is wrong and shouldn't be supported. However, refusing to do specific work, in their case, a wedding cake, should be considered. I would support a baker refusing to make an ISIS themed cake, or something like that. They should be able to refuse such a thing.

Maybe I'm misreading the article, but it doesn't seem like the baker was refusing to serve gay people - they could have bought a cake. He just didn't want to decorate a wedding cake for them because of his personal beliefs.
    And if this was you saying look I don't want to draw dicks on your cake your signature that would be legitimate, because it is about you, just as if you followed a faith or believe inconsistent with that then you can't be forced.

But if you suddenly say well I am not going to come into work today to your boss, because you are christian you better believe that better follow under one of those recognized holidays or you better have something to support that is in accordance with your faith, otherwise you would have a problem.

The reason religion is even being used is because it's a cover often by the very people that don't actually care about the faith they claim.

Jewish people eat Kosher, that is a very fine tenant of their faith and there are conditions and a way certain meals need to be prepared, if they aren't like say someone was in a public facility like jail.

Guess what there have to be reasonable accommodations for that, however what you can't do is suddenly after say a year in prison say you are jewish with no other way of verifying that or even being able to prove that is indeed the part you practice.

This baker is refusing a detail that goes a part of their service because SUDDENLY the sin of a homosexual wedding over rides his obligation to fulfill his agreement to serve the public under U.S law as his license would require.

That isn't religious, there is no precedent by their own values and faith that warrant this, and it isn't even being challenged, because it is being used as a cover to explicitly use one form of protection to exclude someone of another.

It's not legal, it's not moral, and it follows no logic. It's bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

"Loving thy neighbour"*
    *Except gays.
    That is because it doesn't and just as I don't speak for every Christian neither do these people, I do know enough about these two bozo's that I am more offended and insulted by their bullshit move than I am about someone who wants a cake which I have zero issue with at all.

My opinion on the matter isn't set in stone. If that's the case, I don't agree with the baker.
    Basically what happened was once it was found out they were gay they refused to do anything... they couldn't get any type of service. Want a plain basic cake? Nope because "religion". There wasn't even talk of "gay designs" because it never got that far. It was like if I walked into a place, said I wanted some sandwiches and they go "oh yeah we have this one and this one" then they see I'm gay and they're like "yeah we have all these sandwiches but you're gay so we aren't serving you any" I didn't even get to design anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    And if this was you saying look I don't want to draw dicks on your cake your signature that would be legitimate, because it is about you, just as if you followed a faith or believe inconsistent with that then you can't be forced.

But if you suddenly say well I am not going to come into work today to your boss, because you are christian you better believe that better follow under one of those recognized holidays or you better have something to support that is in accordance with your faith, otherwise you would have a problem.

The reason religion is even being used is because it's a cover often by the very people that don't actually care about the faith they claim.

Jewish people eat Kosher, that is a very fine tenant of their faith and there are conditions and a way certain meals need to be prepared, if they aren't like say someone was in a public facility like jail.

Guess what there have to be reasonable accommodations for that, however what you can't do is suddenly after say a year in prison say you are jewish with no other way of verifying that or even being able to prove that is indeed the part you practice.

This baker is refusing a detail that goes a part of their service because SUDDENLY the sin of a homosexual wedding over rides his obligation to fulfill his agreement to serve the public under U.S law as his license would require.

That isn't religious, there is no precedent by their own values and faith that warrant this, and it isn't even being challenged, because it is being used as a cover to explicitly use one form of protection to exclude someone of another.

It's not legal, it's not moral, and it follows no logic. It's bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

That is because it doesn't and just as I don't speak for every Christian neither do these people, I do know enough about these two bozo's that I am more offended and insulted by their bullshit move than I am about someone who wants a cake which I have zero issue with at all.
    Then I want to watch a mexican baker be forced to make a cake that says Build that Wall Deport them all... and if he refused sue his ass into bankruptcy... If you believe you have no moral say in what you make as someone who creates things then you would have no objections to my above scenario.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-09-10 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Then I want to watch a mexican baker be forced to make a cake that says Build that Wall Deport them all... and if he refused sue his ass into bankruptcy... If you can have no moral say in what you make as someone who creates things then you would have no objections to my above scenario.
    It's more like if a Mexican baker refused to serve a white customer... on the basis he is white. The white customer isn't asking for a build that wall cake...;however, the Mexican baker feels that he may want a build that wall cake even though the white customer just wants a happy birthday cake... so on that basis the Mexican is like "I can't make you cakes on the basis that I believe that you are racist"

They didn't ask for a fucking dildo, or a flag, or men fucking on the cake They never even got that far... it was "you're gay, no service" So you can dream up all these scenarios all you want, they aren't equivalent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I want to watch a mexican baker be forced to make a cake that says Build that Wall Deport them all... and if he refused sue his ass into bankruptcy... If you can have no moral say in what you make then you would have no objections to my above scenario.
    Yeah except you aren't being denied your civil rights, you are asking someone to violate theirs by demanding they make you something for which specifically offends them, the problem is these goofballs didn't use that as a defense, probably because it's clear it's because they are gay. That is the issue.

If they said nope we aren't drawing say dicks on the cake, then they wouldn't have to, because the issue isn't their gender it is what they are asking to be put on the cake specifically.

The issue is them not what they want done.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    i find it deeply ironic your quoting a book commissioned by a man well known for gay love affairs.
    stop making stuff up.

"Loving thy neighbour"*

*Except gays.

That was after GOD burned Sodom and Gomorrah
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's more like if a Mexican baker refused to serve a white customer... on the basis he is white. The white customer isn't asking for a build that wall cake...;however, the Mexican baker feels that he may want a build that wall cake even though the white customer just wants a happy birthday cake... so on that basis the Mexican is like "I can't make you cakes on the basis that I believe that you are racist"

They didn't ask for a fucking dildo, or a flag, or men fucking on the cake They never even got that far... it was "you're gay, no service" So you can dream up all these scenarios all you want, they aren't equivalent.
    What if homosexuality offends me? What if I believe its nothing more than a mental illness and the fact they flaunt it around like its something normal without any scientific proof is Morally Offensive to me that they are pushing their delusion on me???? That would fall under the same thing as a Mexican thinking illegals should be allowed and refusing to bake a cake talking about Following the laws of our lands

Emotion should play 0 point in a court of law and thats why alot of these cases end up going with the way the LAW has been read since the days the constitution was wrote while everyone throws a shit fit because they are too emotionally attached...
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-09-10 at 04:01 AM.

stop making stuff up.

Speaking of... we need to talk about the translation there because several parts that became anti gay in English were very very very very farm from it originally.. words that meant "all people" including men women and children suddenly became "only men".

- - - Updated - - -

What if homosexuality offends me? What if I believe its nothing more than a mental illness and the fact they flaunt it around like its something normal without any scientific proof is Morally Offensive to me???? That would fall under the same thing as a Mexican thinking illegals should be allowed and refusing to bake a cake talking about Following the laws of our lands
    1. anyone who thinks being gay is a mental illness and thinks me just walking around with my lover is "flaunting" is a fucking idiot who needs to get a life.

2. scientific proof exist.. plenty of it in nature and idiots who ignore science are idiots who aren't worth time or consideration. (this is how you end up with heads of epa that are global warming skeptics when you entertain stupidity)

3. no your cake again is asking for something specific

This issue is that they refused to offer any service not the design of the cake but they refused any service on the basis they were gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You fucking serious, that line is about persecution you know what J didn't go around doing, asking are you gay before blessing them or helping them out, he said love everybody, turn the other cheek, sorry dude you quoting a really out of context scripture doesn't help you.

You standing up for tenants that the bible clearly states is against the will of his will is

John 2:20-23
    But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know. I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie is of the truth. Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

There is also pretty clear directives as to who does the judging when they are judges and what happens those who bare false witness for his own glory, we hate the sin not the sinner and we are abided to serve ALL with love.

There is also scripture about following the law, or are we going to cherry pick that also to subvert the message you seem to display.
    JESUS told the adulterer go and sin no more im sure he would say the same to a gay person
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop making stuff up.

Ok dude seriously STOP that had fuck all to do with that, it was headonism, do you need me to educate you what that is, because hedonism refers to straight people TOO!

he·don·ism
    ˈhēdəˌnizəm,ˈhedənˌizəm/Submit
    noun
    the pursuit of pleasure; sensual self-indulgence.
    synonyms: self-indulgence, pleasure-seeking, self-gratification, lotus-eating, sybaritism; More
    the ethical theory that pleasure (in the sense of the satisfaction of desires) is the highest good and proper aim of human life.
    This is what the entire tenant is addressing could be gay, could be straight hell could be eating too many fucking figs

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop the religious discussion. It's off-topic and will lead to repercussions.

mine as well delete the thread then

I'm a little surprised. Common sense actually prevailed.