924 Mage - DPS Help - Logs included

This is my first forum post and doing this after a bit of research. I am currently 924 and trying to get a grasp on how I can better my DPS. Currently, I am finishing middle of the pack on Warcraft Logs and compared to other Frost Mages in my guild. Just looking for some tips/tricks that might help that I may be missing. If someone could take a quick look I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=14

Looks pretty good overall, can improve in some areas though.
    Don't use blizzard on ST, even if its the no cast time one, its not worth the gcd
    Should be running satyr neck enchant
    Your crit% on ice lance is low, this will be because you are using unbuffed ones (usually by spamming the button too much). Can use as a last resort if moving, but you can plan your movement/shimmers easily on this fight so shouldn't be needed.
    Hard to fix but you have too much mastery on your gear
    Try to grab the owl trinket from sisters

Looks to me like you had kinda unlucky pull too, can tell because frostbolt dmg so much higher than flurry.
    Last edited by Aktec; 2017-09-08 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Don't use blizzard on ST, even if its the no cast time one, its not worth the gcd
    Your crit% on ice lance is low, this will be because you are using unbuffed ones (usually by spamming the button too much). Can use as a last resort if moving, but you can plan your movement/shimmers easily on this fight so shouldn't be needed.

Looks to me like you had kinda unlucky pull too, can tell because frostbolt dmg so much higher than flurry.
    Really appreciate the feedback! So any ST fight you avoid Blizzard huh?

this was from altered time thread, which btw is a great source of info for mages if you didn't know

Your haste is way too low. You need to re-gem and enchant to haste and try to lose a lot of that mastery and convert it into haste and vers, which btw your vers is a little low also. It also looks like your not casting Ebonbolt enough either. Also on that link for the Goroth fight you only used 1 pot so make sure your pre-potting before the pull and then again during your next lust phase and by looking at this log your dont have anyone able to lust at the start before you do so make sure you have drums on you or else your lego ring is kinda going to waste. Not getting your second lust phase is hurting your dps but quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof View Post
    Your haste is way too low. You need to re-gem and enchant to haste and try to lose a lot of that mastery and convert it into haste and vers, which btw your vers is a little low also. It also looks like your not casting Ebonbolt enough either. Also on that link for the Goroth fight you only used 1 pot so make sure your pre-potting before the pull and then again during your next lust phase and by looking at this log your dont have anyone able to lust at the start before you do so make sure you have drums on you or else your lego ring is kinda going to waste. Not getting your second lust phase is hurting your dps but quite a bit.
    Using drums and giving the entire raid a weaker lust isn't worth being able to have 1 person lust again, even more so when they aren't a top dps. @Alyxi you are over the shatter cap but at least 2%. You might not be able to move gear around to change that, but at the very least you can drop your crit enchants. From looking at your stats vers is almost certainly going to give you your biggest bang for you buck right now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Using drums and giving the entire raid a weaker lust isn't worth being able to have 1 person lust again, even more so when they aren't a top dps. @Alyxi you are over the shatter cap but at least 2%. You might not be able to move gear around to change that, but at the very least you can drop your crit enchants. From looking at your stats vers is almost certainly going to give you your biggest bang for you buck right now.
    Im not saying that he use drums first. What Im saying is that after he uses TW for himself and the rest of the raid that once it ends to use drums to give himself his second lust.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof View Post
    Im not saying that he use drums first. What Im saying is that after he uses TW for himself and the rest of the raid that once it ends to use drums to give himself his second lust.
    Fair enough, you'd be surprised how many try to go the other way.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post

Also to add to this you missed your 2nd pot usage during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Fair enough, you'd be surprised how many try to go the other way.
    More often than most people prob think lol

Deleted
    bad RNG for flurry.
    But you do no have any clarity of thougts relic
    You do not have T19 2p.
    Assuming that you have the crit shatter cap, it is a big issue.