Mhm, maybe we should split this thread into 2 "FeelGood" and "FeelBad", just like the Hearthstone subforum. Not sure what you think about that.

Haven't played Ow in a while...But I miss my cowboy and my angel. I may come back for a bit once Mercy changes are live though.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently got back into playing the game after not playing since season 3. Playing competitive with one of my friends, we are 2-3 atm and enjoying playing the game again.
    Had a great game the other day where we lost by a split second but everyone was chatting and having a laugh over in game voicechat and made such a difference to the game.
    Just struggling to find the time to play the game atm.

played in a placement match junkrat and used my ult in temple, drove my tire to the lil bridge at the beginning, it got destroyed or I blew it up (can't remember) and suddenly junkrat was were the tire was. it was like a teleport. needless to say, reinhardt smashed my organs out of me because I didn't understand why I was there and not in the lil room where I started my ult. weird bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Usually like to play a game or two of comp just to warm up. Can hardly do that anymore. Every game seems to be 5 damage, at least on one team and the other team just stomps them. That was my two matches last night, one I quit half way through and the last two I just did. I know that QP is for learning, but my god is it bad atm.
    Tanks need buffing, half the DPS just run rings around them; 2-3 of them literally, then they have enough self sustain to not particularly need healers either or protection from tanks. That's why no one is playing Tanks or Support, they're neither good nor necessary. A 5 DPS team will it seems regularly win.

Just finished my placement games. Was at 4 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses going into my final 2 games. I have been waiting until last pick and trying to balance out a team comp just to make it suck less and other than 5 mins on soldier, surprise surprise, i was playing tanks and healers.

And then it all went downhill...

2nd to last game had someone who refused to switch from Hanzo. He spent the entire time complaining in chat that the pharah wasnt being countered and that we were all shit. When asked why he wasnt swapping to another character his only responses were insults and "im gold damage" when the cards came up at the end he wasnt gold.

Last game was just stupid... not even close to a balanced comp and the person playing Genji on defense just yelling that everyone on the team is bad. Im just sat there on Orisa with golds and silvers in every category but healing while the "dps" just run straight at the enemy team and die repeatedly.

Competitive continues to have the worst our species has to offer drag it down.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2017-09-09 at 01:26 AM.

How can people be so fucking stupid and incapable of understanding logical train of thoughts?

Ask dva to ulti their team, he goes rein is just going to block it.

That's kind of the point to make him turn to try to block the dva ulti and then me, playing reinhardt, is going to ult his ass so he can't block it and the whole team will die. Nope, dva couldn't understand that. Nope, it would be a waste of ult. Fuck. How can people be so bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to preface this by saying I've never played competitive. I've watched dozens of videos, maybe up to a hundred on tactics, game sense and awareness, etc from Platinum to Top 500 and I like speculating and having discussions on this topic because it's something I've never done before. However...

I don't think people are really capable of analyzing their own win/loss patterns on the fly. Those who document them, who have data to back up their claims are the ones I'd believe. Lots of people come onto forums and discords and say they're in "elo hell", and while that may be true, there's no data from which to pull useful info to help them improve and move up. There's also apparently a misconception where people think "The next rank has got to be better than this one, I just need to climb". I'm not so sure that's the case. I think every rank has its problems.

At the same time, you have to realize that not every rank is a place where some necessity for success is shared by every player. Some ranks/players people probably group up more often and don't trickle. Some ranks have people with extreme mechanical skill and target priority. But I'm not convinced that people's personal issues with other players' habits and/or skill suddenly disappear the higher your rank goes.

My win/loss patterns are pretty bizarre. Overwatch is my first FPS - since I mostly play RPG's, horror games and MMO's. With that said, my win/loss rate have both been around 50% on a consistent level. Whenever my win rate goes too far above or below that I end up getting a string of games that sort of force me to fall or rise back into that area.

That's in QP, not competitive - since I don't bother with the latter game mode.

Feel like I've been 2200-2300 for too long. Starting to see the creep of the type of players that "know everything, tell everyone how they know it, and complain about their team." There's also those players showing up that die to Sym left and right from no awareness and the blame her for the loss because they didn't counter her or keep their distance.
    Oh well, win record slightly better than it was last season so far and hoping to keep that going. Overall, not as bad this season as last one for the types of players I've encountered, but there is still quite a bit of the season left.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess I'd be considered a suicide Rein in the last game. So many times my team is right behind me, I go onto point just to be there alone. Last push, my team tries coordinating, everyone starts saying go upper left, we're crossing the bridge, I see Orissa's shield, drop down and John Cena 3 of the 4 people on point, charge thru, get slept by Ana, watch kill cam and I'm at point by myself while my entire team is trying to shoot a Junkrat that's dancing behind Orissa's shield that's off point.
    I get blamed for the loss obviously.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    was 3 pts away from going back to plat, of course I go on a losing streak to plummet back down into the 2200s filled with people calling me cuck when I pick hanzo, trying to report me for playing hanzo, etc etc. This is the most toxic season yet. Hanzo main for life now, for sure.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems standard, not expecting much from this season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everybody seems to think this is the worst season. It's interesting, to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Everybody seems to think this is the worst season. It's interesting, to say the least.
    It's certainly no better than last. Typical "Widow I didn't see you do anything last round" shit, clearly because they were paying so much attention that they hadn't noticed I'd spent most of it as Sombra. Then of course people with 0 minutes Widow picking her to block me, and others insisting I heal, with my terrible healing stats and lack of any recent experience.

Then of course you block them so they bombard you with friends requests.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-09-10 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Placements are going well. 6-1. I'll finish the other three today.

You know it just dawned on me this morning, while I was dreaming of Mercy 2.0 on live, there hasn't been an animated short for a support (rhyme!). It's been all dps and tanks (mostly dps): Winston and Reaper, Tracer and Widow, Genji and Hanzo, Soldier, Bastion, Sombra (w/ Reaper, Widow, and Zarya), and Mei. Hrm...

Everyone says that every season in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone thinks <current season> is the worst season. It's easier to blame the season and the systems rather than accept that maybe you aren't as good as you think you are, or something.

My games so far certainly haven't been any worse than prior seasons. I'm actually pushing up into new career highs.

Just from personal experience, I haven't really noticed a change one way or the other. My win rate has been slightly better than last season is the only major difference.
    Some people might just be upset about how things are going right now. Great Junkrats are dominating matches, where the decent ones still come across as OP to some groups. I am only a decent player with him (not much time) but I had a Volskaya match where I went fucking crazy on the opposite team. I was getting mine kills left and right, double grenade kills on clumped up enemies, I even got accused of hacking at 1 point because I solo Riptire'd a Tracer (not my fault the player stayed in the exact same area for over a minute, I just got tired of her little pokes from the exact same balcony over and over).
    Then there's Hog, who while still not being OP does great with some comps and in the right hands. Then you have the people who pick him and have no idea what they are doing or how to use him effectively.
    Yesterday was the 1st day all season where I didn't see a Junkrat in 1 game, every other game there's always at least 1.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-09-10 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's certainly no better than last. Typical "Widow I didn't see you do anything last round" shit, clearly because they were paying so much attention that they hadn't noticed I'd spent most of it as Sombra. Then of course people with 0 minutes Widow picking her to block me, and others insisting I heal, with my terrible healing stats and lack of any recent experience.

Then of course you block them so they bombard you with friends requests.
    Isnt this the same for everyone though? No one wants to heal or tank and everyone just goes straight to their dps picks.

Then if people ask them to tank or heal they just say look at my stats instead of playing/learning a new role

I got this game a month or two ago and so far I havent been able to go dps because we never have tank/healers. So all ive played so far is lucio and reinhardt and roadhog, Yay
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-09-10 at 08:40 PM.

Just played a game where the opposite team was Widow, Winston, Rein, Pharah, Mercy, and Zen. Player on my team picked and stayed Sym the whole game. Mentioned after the enemy capped point A they might want to switch. The response was "well, I haven't died yet except for that 1st push." Then after the round ended decided to add "I don't think anything would have helped us." What!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Everyone thinks <current season> is the worst season. It's easier to blame the season and the systems rather than accept that maybe you aren't as good as you think you are, or something.
    Not always.

I mean there was a reason why S5 was so utterly terrible. I mean shit, it was being talked about by
    multiple game news sources.

My games so far certainly haven't been any worse than prior seasons. I'm actually pushing up into new career highs.
    How very lucky for you. Now I cannot escape Gold no matter what I try. Kinda like last season...