Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

How will Argus last till September 2018?

Argus is most certainly the final zone this expansion. There may be a patch with a few extra quests like 6.2.3, but for all intents and purposes, the major non-raid content is over.

Blizzard has also mentioned that Legion is going to be one of their longer expansions, so it is not unreasonable to assume that this expansion will last at least 2 years, well into September 2018.

So the real question is, how will Argus content last for over a year until at least September 2018? The unpalatable zone and gating highly discourages completing the zone again with alts, which loses a lot of replayability value of the zone. Which means that players will most likely be done with the content in a matter of weeks. Yet there is most likely still over 12 months of Argus left.

What secret weapon could Blizzard possibly have in store for the next 12 months?

The same as Tanaan I suppose. There is a new 5man coming at least.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Blizzard has also mentioned that Legion is going to be one of their longer expansions, so it is not unreasonable to assume that this expansion will last at least 2 years, well into September 2018.

So the real question is, how will Argus content last for over a year until at least September 2018?
    That's quite a leap from "Blizz has mentioned longer..." to "so it is not unreasonable to assume" arriving at "so the real question is..."
    Blizz has been releasing new content like clockwork this past few months. There's no reason to assume that will stop. Either more content, maybe a mini-raid, will be added to Legion (more involved invasion points?), or the next expansion will come sooner. I see zero reason to think this current team will allow long content draught.

7+ Year Old Account
    ion said we'll get some small story patches after antorus.

and if it need be, they are ready to create some fast filler patch.

Formerly known as Arafal

If only there was an event in a few weeks where we could get some information...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    If only there was an event in a few weeks where we could get some information...
    Its a shame blizz doesnt have a convention or something like it to announce new stuff!

Argus is most certainly the final zone this expansion. There may be a patch with a few extra quests like 6.2.3, but for all intents and purposes, the major non-raid content is over.

So the real question is, how will Argus content last for over a year until at least September 2018? The unpalatable zone and gating highly discourages completing the zone again with alts, which loses a lot of replayability value of the zone. Which means that players will most likely be done with the content in a matter of weeks. Yet there is most likely still over 12 months of Argus left.

What secret weapon could Blizzard possibly have in store for the next 12 months?
    1 raid - and that all . but you will be able to run it to death during the 12 months wait time for new expansion.

Things Argus has up on Tanaan:

Raid isn't available just yet
    Dungeon isn't available just yet (though only 3 weeks after release it's not a huge difference - then again, WoD had no patch dungeons, let alone in Tanaan, so..

We also know there are likely to be "one or two small story patches" between now and the pre-patch for the next expansion, which is more than we had in WoD's end stretch.

Plus Legion just has more stuff to collect and do than WoD had, so while we might finish Argus there will be plenty of people who still want to do Broken Isles stuff for various reasons.

I really enjoyed the mini patch where we got ToV as a small 3-boss raid. Would love another mini raid and maybe even another dungeon.. I'm probably asking for too much though.

10+ Year Old Account
    well it could last until 2028 if it wanted. even without new content, there will always be players willing to play and pay. but if they want to keep people playing, they already proven that they could last 1+ year without real new content during icc

10+ Year Old Account

Is it the final zone? Where did you see that? September 2018? Where did you see that? Or are you making stuff up that fits your narrative?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Is it the final zone? Where did you see that? September 2018? Where did you see that? Or are you making stuff up that fits your narrative?
    I doubt there would be major patches anymore until release of next xpac which they like to release around August/Sep. I dont mind the break cos I usually catch up with things i missed but doesnt look good for the casuals

My guess is that it'll last the same way every other final patch in the history of WoW has? Hell, WOTLK and Cata didnt even have new zones in their final patch, so its already got a leg up on both of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    I doubt there would be major patches anymore until release of next xpac which they like to release around August/Sep. I dont mind the break cos I usually catch up with things i missed but doesnt look good for the casuals
    You could be right, OP could be right, however, OP declared this so without the presentation of any evidence. Thus, I asked him to present his evidence for his declaration. Having a belief in something is not evidence of it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Its a shame blizz doesnt have a convention or something like it to announce new stuff!
    We should all sign a petiton to have them start hosting such a thing. Maybe even once a year!

Yeah, it's a bit odd.
    I mean, there is like another 20 min of quests coming out and then Argus is over.

The pre-expansion content gap we always get is going to be really painfull this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Welcome to a styil thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I mean, there is like another 20 min of quests coming out and then Argus is over.
    It could be another week of quests, it would still be over long before the new content arrives. One-time questing content is nice and all, but no matter the amount they give you, its not going to last for months. The entire argument is rather lacking.

A little longer and another year is two different things,

I can't see it being a full year of just Argus. I'm pretty sure we're going to get a 7.4 with a raid. Not a major raid or story line, mostly filler, similar to the Ruby Sanctum in Wrath.

Also whats the deal with Sargeras post burning throne raid? speculation wise I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Welcome to a styil thread.

- - - Updated - - -

It could be another week of quests, it would still be over long before the new content arrives. One-time questing content is nice and all, but no matter the amount they give you, its not going to last for months. The entire argument is rather lacking.
    I don't know, I felt like I had things to grind for in Tanaan and the same on TI and TI was great for alts as well.
    Argus might have a few mounts and stuff but it just doesn't feel worth it and no way I'll bring alts to do all that crap again.

It's like two weeks old and I'm already tired of it. It won't keep me intrested as long as the end patch of previous expansions.

Thats just me though, I can't speek for anoyone else but looking at the complaints on here and the offical forums, Argus sure doesn't feel like a hit.