Deleted

Unhappy 7.3 Hidden Artifacts, increased drop-rates for direct drops only?

Mobs that directly drop the plans seem to drop them on the first try, happened on my elemental shaman n destruction warlock but now I'm struggling with the other Warlock speccs and the Deathknight ones too..just tried to get the Blood one, nope not in the big chest at end of Withered army training...

Also apparently my druid n warrior still need exalted with factions to even get any hidden artifact at all..

Sure this patch made things easier, but still a pain it seems...

10+ Year Old Account
    By the looks of it, yeah it's faster for direct mob drops, got my Holy Pally HA after maybe 20 minutes of being on Argus.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    By the looks of it, yeah it's faster for direct mob drops, got my Holy Pally HA after maybe 20 minutes of being on Argus.
    But with grinding it's faster grind now or same as before? All I know is direct drops high chance on first kill..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    But with grinding it's faster grind now or same as before? All I know is direct drops high chance on first kill..
    I'd say it's absolutly faster now, there have been a few occasions where I had spent 3-5 hours attempting to get the Holy HA prior to 7.3 to no avail. I also spent about 2 or so hours fishing to the the Shard of Darkness as part of the Ret skin (again, prior to 7.3), then to confirm if it is faster now, I done it again and got it in around 10 odd minutes.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Blood one is still rng sadly. More so than warlocks one. Need to buff the drop rate the blood so people aren't running it over 20 times and not seeing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I'd say it's absolutly faster now, there have been a few occasions where I had spent 3-5 hours attempting to get the Holy HA prior to 7.3 to no avail. I also spent about 2 or so hours fishing to the the Shard of Darkness as part of the Ret skin (again, prior to 7.3), then to confirm if it is faster now, I done it again and got it in around 10 odd minutes.
    Maybe you were just lucky this time? Hope not...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Maybe you were just lucky this time? Hope not...
    No, I saw on wowhead that people got the crystal much faster now as opposed to pre-7.3, so that's what cause me to test it.

It's increased significantly, but not guaranteed. I went with my priest and got the shadow one form Ilgynoth and the holy one from Hyrja on the first try, a friend of mine thought if I was so lucky he'll try the class hall demon for vengeance DH / destro lock and he didn't get it yet...

I went with my mage to Suramar and got the fire one within 5 mins of aoeing mobs, but the sheep for arcane appearance didn't spawn yet.

So yeah, it's not all of them insta drop unless 1) you're lucky 2) it was set to insta drop like the soultakers one for frost dk.

I thought you could only get the holy paladin "hidden" skin from mobs in Faronaar in Azsuna? I got it from a demon during an invasion in Val'sharah.
    I think they should just make them all 100% drop if they are making some of them 100%. I'm tired of trying to get the hidden one on my shadow priest.