Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there's still missing a 5man dungeon, a raid (tends to last about 6 months) and apparently some small storylines.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    A little longer and another year is two different things,

I can't see it being a full year of just Argus. I'm pretty sure we're going to get a 7.4 with a raid. Not a major raid or story line, mostly filler, similar to the Ruby Sanctum in Wrath.

Also whats the deal with Sargeras post burning throne raid? speculation wise I mean
    Watcher said, quite clearly that 7.3 was the last content patch of this expansion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Watcher said, quite clearly that 7.3 was the last content patch of this expansion though.
    Well - we better get whinging ASAP - I mean, we can't wait until a content drought occurs before we whinge - we HAVE to do it NOW!!!

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    That's not going to last that long, people are already bored with these invasion points and the constant relic rewards.
    And dont get me started on how bored I personalyl am with demons at this point...

Luckily there are some great games coming out the coming months to pass the time with untill the next xpac!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - we better get whinging ASAP - I mean, we can't wait until a content drought occurs before we whinge - we HAVE to do it NOW!!!
    As I said, I'm already bored of it.
    You're free to like it if you want however.

Deleted
    The same has been said for every expansion.

I reckon for most it will last until next Blizzcon, from then on people will be so hyped about the next expansion that the speculation and excitement will carry them through the drought. All in all It will last for some but not for others.

Find joy in older content if you can, farm mounts, transmog, achievement, pets, etc. Find a guild, play with friends.

And if worst comes to worst you can always unsubscribe until the next expansion.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-09-10 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    That's quite a leap from "Blizz has mentioned longer..." to "so it is not unreasonable to assume" arriving at "so the real question is..."
    Blizz has been releasing new content like clockwork this past few months. There's no reason to assume that will stop. Either more content, maybe a mini-raid, will be added to Legion (more involved invasion points?), or the next expansion will come sooner. I see zero reason to think this current team will allow long content draught.
    Yes, there is. The bulk of the developers have almost definitely moved on to the next expansion by now. I'd be surprised if the team working on maintaining 7.3 and beyond is even a skeleton crew.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's still 7.3.5, plus additional "small story patches."

Alpha/Beta testing for the next expansion should start by the end of the year. We'll have to wait and see how long it'll be before they're ready to release it, but given their faster turnaround time on content in Legion, one hopes that they will have figured out how to pace the content better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    A little longer and another year is two different things,

I can't see it being a full year of just Argus. I'm pretty sure we're going to get a 7.4 with a raid. Not a major raid or story line, mostly filler, similar to the Ruby Sanctum in Wrath.

Also whats the deal with Sargeras post burning throne raid? speculation wise I mean
    If were getting more content it should be on the ptr no?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Argus is most certainly the final zone this expansion. There may be a patch with a few extra quests like 6.2.3, but for all intents and purposes, the major non-raid content is over.

Blizzard has also mentioned that Legion is going to be one of their longer expansions, so it is not unreasonable to assume that this expansion will last at least 2 years, well into September 2018.

So the real question is, how will Argus content last for over a year until at least September 2018? The unpalatable zone and gating highly discourages completing the zone again with alts, which loses a lot of replayability value of the zone. Which means that players will most likely be done with the content in a matter of weeks. Yet there is most likely still over 12 months of Argus left.

What secret weapon could Blizzard possibly have in store for the next 12 months?
    I am pretty much ready to bet, that after 6.3.5, we will have to wait less then 6 months for the next major content patch. I don't know if it is gonna be a big patch or an expansion, but Blizzard are gonna keep up their content stream.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I really enjoyed the mini patch where we got ToV as a small 3-boss raid. Would love another mini raid and maybe even another dungeon.. I'm probably asking for too much though.
    After looking at the many floors and locked doors in Vault of the Wardens, I've been crossing my fingers for a raid in there. They've got Void aberrations breaching their cells.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169630814?t=01h58m20s

For anyone questioning 7.3 being the final patch, it's said around here that 7.3 is the final MAJOR patch, including raid/dungeon, of Legion, but there are possibly smaller story patches coming.

As I said, I'm already bored of it.
    LOL - if you don't enjoy the game, why are you playing? I mean, the game is the same basic concept as it was in 2004 - just with a lot more stuff to do.

So if you aren't enjoying at least the current 3-4 week content, then there is NEVER going to be ANYTHING in WoW you will EVER enjoy.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

LOL - if you don't enjoy the game, why are you playing? I mean, the game is the same basic concept as it was in 2004 - just with a lot more stuff to do.

So if you aren't enjoying at least the current 3-4 week content, then there is NEVER going to be ANYTHING in WoW you will EVER enjoy.
    I play for the raids and pretty much only that.
    The fact that outdoor content and dungeons is mandatory in Legion is hardly a plus in my book. It's even worse when the outdoor content is worse than it ever was due to Blizzard cheaping out.
    The fact that Blizzard has gone for quantity over quality in this expansion is part of the reason why Legion is the wors expansion they ever produced.

There is a reason why raiders are fleeing the game like never befor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    That's quite a leap from "Blizz has mentioned longer..." to "so it is not unreasonable to assume" arriving at "so the real question is..."
    Blizz has been releasing new content like clockwork this past few months. There's no reason to assume that will stop. Either more content, maybe a mini-raid, will be added to Legion (more involved invasion points?), or the next expansion will come sooner. I see zero reason to think this current team will allow long content draught.
    Still no trademark for the next expansion. Major chains require announcement at least a year in advance.

Deleted
    There is a reason why raiders are fleeing the game like never befor.
    Oh no, a minor group is fleeing the game, the horror.

The game is finally moving the focus towards content that more people enjoy e.g. world and small group content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post
    We should all sign a petiton to have them start hosting such a thing. Maybe even once a year!
    I vote for November!

very, very poorly it seems.

I play for the raids and pretty much only that.
    It is odd that you enjoy the most repetitive part of the game, yet don't enjoy the vast array of variety out in the world. The quality and scope of activities has continued to improve over the years, yet so many people focus on repeating the same content in a small box every week.

Never quite understood that.

Well, no biggy - hard core raiding is a minor part of the game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Oh no, a minor group is fleeing the game, the horror.

The game is finally moving the focus towards content that more people enjoy e.g. world and small group content.
    It didn't used to be a minor part though.

- - - Updated - - -

It is odd that you enjoy the most repetitive part of the game, yet don't enjoy the vast array of variety out in the world. The quality and scope of activities has continued to improve over the years, yet so many people focus on repeating the same content in a small box every week.

Never quite understood that.

Well, no biggy - hard core raiding is a minor part of the game anyway.
    Yeah, becuase doing the same quest over and over again is not repetative?
    The structure of quests have been the same since vanilla.

It gets even worse when the world is no longer an actual open world where you can go where you want. Most of argus is a set of tain tracks that you follow without being able to go off-track, ever.

Besides, with no actual challenge, why do you even play? Could you not just get gold and items in the mail every two days and get the same experience?