Poll: Is this GM a Hypocrite in YOUR opinion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they don't think your name is appropriate, they can change it.

All accounts, characters, and names are Blizzard's property.

End of discussion.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

I report all names like that as well as political shit. Keep both sides of that garbage out of the game because they have no place within it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Can you provide a link to that? That actually sounds really funny lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh, I loved when Ornyx did that. Was brilliant!

- - - Updated - - -

But how can you be sure about that? It is the only general rule that 'twogenders' actually breaks. Just like, 'Hihowareyou' or 'Goinghome'
    agreed, i was on his side, sad he was forced to apologize
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

- - - Updated - - -

agreed, i was on his side, sad he was forced to apologize
    I think it is fair that CM's has a little bite.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    The thing is that his character name was apparently a (sexist?) joke, depicting a muscular, strong woman that was presumably a trance woman, judging by his name and his choice of a female human who has a big body type.

Somebody obviously found that offensive and reported him but the GM clearly doesn't feel the same way; he just did his job so that players aren't offended in the game in any way. He repeatedly asked him kindly to change the name and be done with it, he repeatedly said "please change your name (into something generic) and let this end here" without trying to thoroughly explain why, because he obviously doesn't share the same belief with those who reported the player but simply had to do his job.
    He's not a hypocrite, some people felt uncomfortable with a situation in the game and his job was to resolve that.

The problem is that society is too sensitive these days so people bothered reporting him, despite his name not containing hatespeach.
    And what if the player really was a trance woman and her character expressed her and her feelings? Would it then stop Blizzard from taking this action because it offended the player and harmed his feelings, since no hatespeech and sexism was implied?
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-09-09 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post

For example, quests such as Unlikely Seduction, a quest about an NPC named Levia Laurence, who is depicted as being into fucking hot female demon ladies, show us gender identity; yet a player name called Twogenders is bad for some odd reason?
    Except that's not gender identity. That's sexual preference, which is not the same. Contrary to what some think, being trans and being gay are two entirely different things. One doesn't always lead to the other. Also if I'm not mistaken, Levia was being mindcontrolled by the demon in question. I saw no reference or evidence that she prefers girls once the MC was broken. But then again, I suck at that quest, so I've been unable to defeat the solo-scenario, so what do I know?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Look the dude was totally pretending to be obvlivious that h is name was a social commentary that he disagreed that transgendered people exist, and the TOS does state that your name cant contain real life references of that type, of course you could say he was singled out because this was a controversial issue and there is names that TECHNICALLY also dont fit in blizzards very narrow ruleset yet are none controversial, all in all they had the discretion too, if he wants too i guess he can file a civil rights lawsuit against blizzard for stifling his free speech -and we all know that would be a waste time, so this is clearly a none debatable issue blizzard is in the right

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Did you report them? Blizzard only acts based on reports, they don't actively search through the database for names that break the rules.

I've reported people in the past for inappropriate names and it's gone through fairly quickly.

As for the original topic, I seriously doubt the person didn't know what they were doing when choosing that name. Whilst I find it rather mild compared to things I've reported, it is unnecessary "humour" referencing controversial real life topics which has no place in a MMO. You can name your characters whatever you want in single-player games and local multiplayer games, but when you're out in "public space" the same rules no longer apply.

Treat others with respect and don't shove your political or religious agenda down their throat no matter what it might be.
    I can agree to an extent. As a young male who identifies as homosexual, the most important thing I've learned is "who the fuck cares what other people think". So his name is Twogenders, I see no profanity, no discrimination, nothing that actually breaks their ToS. However, what got him banned is what makes him retarded and I can agree with the ban itself seeing as he got banned for simply adding a letter to the name they wanted him to change, but in my eyes it should have never been an issue, especially when you have all these people naming themselves after political figures and spamming trade chat with their political beliefs all day long(as yes I do report them when it gets so excessive that I can't even read normal trade chat, and no nothing ever happens)

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone religious who's pretty much sick to death of half the world making constant, very tired religious jokes/insults, I'm glad this restriction's in place, for a fair few reasons. A blanket ban on anything controversial like this is simply the better fit.

On top of that, do you really need a name for your in-game avatar that's nothing more than a controversial statement of views? Why can't you give it an actual name? Is it that hard?

Whatever happened to a belief in freedom for others???

When I look out on the world now, I mostly just see a bunch of people who hate their fellow man, and want to dominate and control them.

Hey guys, how about trying to be tolerant, and allow others to be theirselves, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else???

No, someone naming their toon that isn't hurting anyone, at least not unless they allow it energetically.

Don't know how to stop it energetically???

OK, then how about next level your minds, so that YOU won't get upset by the words of others anymore???

I am the most hated on player in WoW lol!!!

If the most hated on player in WoW can manage to not get upset by people who are trying to upset them, then y'all can too OK.

You need to make your minds STRONG LIKE STEEL!!!

Then no words can harm you, unless you want them to that is......
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-10 at 01:53 AM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    In what case does it go against the TOS?
    ☑ Consist of any references to the real world, including people and places.

☑ Consist of a partial or complete sentence contained within the name.

☑ Are otherwise considered inappropriate for the game world.

☑ Negatively refer to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players. (debatable)

Given that one of the violations of the naming policy is "..Are otherwise considered inappropriate for the game world", pretty much anything can cause a GM-enforced name change. I'm not sure how this is "hypocrisy". Their server, their rules - don't like it? Leave.

As for you getting temp banned for the original change, that's fair: having a name change forced and changing to a different spelling of clearly the same name is just begging for a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    So someone on the wow forums posted this link, asking how his name was not allowed.

Chat with the GM

Well, it dawned on me that this GM's words about "Gender identity not being for kids 12 and under" are contradictory to the fact, that this game has "suggestive content" that actually showcases this sort of thing to its players, which leads me to believe that the GM is full of shit.

For example, quests such as Unlikely Seduction, a quest about an NPC named Levia Laurence, who is depicted as being into fucking hot female demon ladies, show us gender identity; yet a player name called Twogenders is bad for some odd reason?

Hmm weird...

Oh wait no, twogenders actually goes against their belief in 63 genders! Yeah well, I guess saying there are only 2 genders might turn kids into homophobic haters or something... LOL

Basically, if you do or say anything against their beliefs you will have action taken against you.

Makes perfect sense right?

I'm a fair guy though, so let's have a friendly discussion!

Is this GM a Hypocrite in YOUR opinion?
    The GM is not a hypocrite.

If they allow MoreThanTwoGenders but ban TwoGenders, then that would be hypocritical, yes. But this is not what happened (so far).

Now, I understand where you might be coming from. You don't want whatever propaganda you think is pushed on you. That's fine. Many feel the same way. But the way you deal with this is NOT add counter-propaganda. You made the name IN ORDER to be asked about what it is you mean, in order to state your position. Regardless of whether I think your position is right or wrong (and going solely by name I happen to be more on your side than on the side of your opponents), the game is a wrong place to state positions and have discussions on these topics.

It's a simple matter of not opening the door to all kinds of political debates / disarray / tempers and then probably some lawsuits. They are right to be doing it and I would do the same.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-09-10 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    inb4 they get rid of the genders in character creation

ur totall in the right OP, blizzard just has tiny balls and dont wanna make the SJW crowd mad
    You sound triggered. Are you even sure the person behind "Twogenders" isn't the 'SJW' you vainly protest? Where does that place you?

Oh right. Their ToS states they don't want names associated with politics, regardless of your stance.

So who's injecting social politics now?
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-09-10 at 09:51 AM.

Deleted
    Why can't people be more creative with names? Making dumb "funny" names is a sign that brain didn't evolve past 10 years old. It also used to be sign that player is a moron that should not be invited to group (before LFD/LFR).

Its MMORPG, not first person shooter. Try making some name that fits your class and/or race. I know its often hard, but it can be done. Take some time thinking of perfect name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its always funny when trolls whine because they faced consequences for trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    ☑ Consist of any references to the real world, including people and places.

☑ Consist of a partial or complete sentence contained within the name.

☑ Are otherwise considered inappropriate for the game world.

☑ Negatively refer to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players. (debatable)
    It's funny that Blizzard goes against their own ToS then. But it's always like that. One who makes the rules has a right to break them.

I'd never name my character like that because of RP but at the same time I don't really see why this name required Blizzard's action to be made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    It's funny that Blizzard goes against their own ToS then. But it's always like that. One who makes the rules has a right to break them.

I'd never name my character like that because of RP but at the same time I don't really see why this name required Blizzard's action to be made.
    How exactly are they going against their own TOS?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

"twogenders" doesn't sound inflamatory at all. I suppose some mean it means "THERE ARE ONLY 2 GENDERS LETS KILL ALL TRANS!!!" but it could also just be referencing 2 out of many genders or saying that they are in a relationship with someone of a different gender hence they are two genders.

My point is that it could mean a vast array of things but the GM chooses to make it mean the worst thing possible just so they could enforce a ban. That isn't cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    How exactly are they going against their own TOS?
    The first check for example. Haris Pilton is an obvious reference to a real person. So is Gordon Tramsay.