Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Because its not about race. It is about separation however and you're desire to force an act that's considered immoral onto people who don't want it.
    Not directly, but the idea is the same. Once it was men vs women voting, then it was rights of blacks vs whites. There is no difference, just that the way to separate/discriminate is sexuality now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sk00ps View Post
    That shit SJWs used to dogpile up on small business owners for not representing them will be shot down by the Supreme Court.

https://archive.fo/tBOF8
    As truth is companies have the freedom to deny customers, don't like it, go somewhere else. People had a different tone when a company fires people for their belief in other threads.

After all, there is no laws in denying a cake.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out if he refused to make a specific cake, or if he refused to do business with gay people. A user said it was the latter, but then others said there was no source on this.
    Here:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f38c8c98c634
    This is a related (or Older) article. Here the baker himself stated that he denied the service of a Wedding Cake as soon as he learned it was a Same Sex Wedding.

While some argue that a Wedding Cake for a SameSex Wedding is a different thing to a Straight Wedding Cake. I still disagree.

To take up on your Profession, and earlier statements.
    It would be like, when a Straight Couple wants an Art Piece with Flowers for their wedding, and when a Gay Couple wants an Art Piece with Flowers for their Wedding.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    As truth is companies have the freedom to deny customers, don't like it, go somewhere else. People had a different tone when a company fires people for their belief in other threads.

After all, there is no laws in denying a cake.
    Apparently not. There is a Law in Colorado that prohibits you from discriminating Customers. Also Taken from the mentioned Article.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2017-09-10 at 01:18 PM.

Huh? Cause you said they "can not refuse anything they do not agree with". Artists can refuse things they do not agree with.
    Of course they can't. If you accept a job you do not get to set all the conditions for this job. Does this really need to be said?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Apparently not. There is a Law in Colorado that prohibits you from discriminating Customers. Also Taken from the mentioned Article.
    But then, would it be discriminating of you account yourself unable to fulfilled their request at your own satisfaction of a good trade?

I have heard of it being not permitted to discriminate but there is a way around it, if you believe you cannot offer the right service that you think they seek.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    You cant force people to tolerate or accept certain things. These changes come from the people themselves, change can't be forced EVER.

Just get another baker, I am sure there are 200 more in the region.
    But you can. Look at history and you will find that only two things create change, progress and force. I am sure there must be some instance where change came naturally out of the goodness of peoples hearts but frankly I can not think of a single one.

But then, would it be discriminating of you account yourself unable to fulfilled their request at your own satisfaction of a good trade?

I have heard of it being not permitted to discriminate but there is a way around it, if you believe you cannot offer the right service that you think they seek.
    If you dont provide the service they seek you tell them that. There is no Discrimination:
    You go to a Bakery and order a steak, they dont provide steaks so they tell you. - No Discrimination here

A Bakery that sells Wedding cakes, that doesnt sell wedding Cakes to Gay Couples, discriminates them on basis of their sexuality.
    (Not Taking in account that the baker may refuse certain designs, which in thise specific case he didnt, they didnt talk about designs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    Again, this case will come to the Supreme Court this year. I posted how I think the ruling will go (combination of justices either ruling that freedom of religion under first amendment trumps state law or freedom of association trumps any attempt to curtail that). Sorry if I wasn't clear.
    Well the US SC is certainly capable making horrible legal decisions, but I doubt that would be their ruling because that would essentially invalidate the entire Civil Rights Act. You could just claim a religious justification for basically any prejudice you care to act on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll make it simple. If a Muslim person wants a birthday cake that is on the menu, the baker cannot refuse the person because they are Muslim nor hike up the price. If the Muslim person wants a cake that celebrates whatever holiday they have, baker can say "We don't make those".
    Exactly so

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    stop making stuff up.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person...James_VI_and_I

That's why I said artists have 'the use of artistic freedom' in their terms. Mine specifically say (which is nearly identical to all artists I know) "I will do my best to meet your needs/wants, but I will also add my own creative style". Also, if I suddenly decide I don't want to do it anymore, for whatever reason, I issue a refund, which I'm allowed to do.
    We are not here to discuss legalese.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you dont provide the service they seek you tell them that. There is no Discrimination:
    You go to a Bakery and order a steak, they dont provide steaks so they tell you. - No Discrimination here

A Bakery that sells Wedding cakes, that doesnt sell wedding Cakes to Gay Couples, discriminates them on basis of their sexuality.
    (Not Taking in account that the baker may refuse certain designs, which in thise specific case he didnt, they didnt talk about designs.)
    To be honest, the discrimination rule is bullshit at times for it doesn't protect behind the scenes. I don't know about the US but a common thing is that you can deny a client if you do not feel comfortable with it.

To be honest, the discrimination rule is bullshit at times for it doesn't protect behind the scenes. I don't know about the US but a common thing is that you can deny a client if you do not feel comfortable with it.
    You are right, you can get around these Rules if you are not so stupid and flat out say: "I dont serve you because you are gay".

Same is with other stuff where you are supposed to be Protected. There is always some sort of Loophole. But in this case he wasnt that smart to pull any other reason out of his butt.

Also keep in mind that those designs will have to cause offense to a reasonable person. There is a more correct legal phrase for it but I think I got the basic meaning of it. I honestly do not think there will be many people that would order a wedding cake that is offensive to a reasonable person, gay or straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post

Yup, not degenerated at all. Nope, 100% normal
    So are Parades by inbred rednecks who parade children in KKK outfits and Swatikas naming them Hitler or something stupids are a representation of all white people?

Because I don't think so, so you using this bullshit to describe gay people on a totally unrelated thread about the rights of all gay people deserve fair and equal treatment under the law, is not only cowardly, but disingenuous as fuck.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    You are right, you can get around these Rules if you are not so stupid and flat out say: "I dont serve you because you are gay".

Same is with other stuff where you are supposed to be Protected. There is always some sort of Loophole. But in this case he wasnt that smart to pull any other reason out of his butt.
    Ah, well, didn't know he actually gave that statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    http://thegrandadmiral.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/faggots-at-pride-parade.jpg

Yup, not degenerated at all. Nope, 100% normal
    Those kids look bored as fuck. As well, for a nation where people have problems with schools teaching about sex and protection, this picture seems off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No way dude, just say NO!! I don't want to turn into a cereal killer.
    But its good for you, organic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I heard they were divine and only for heavens elite
    Naaa my transgender, gay, lesbian goat who identifies has a camel said they were nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    So are Parades by inbred rednecks who parade children in KKK outfits and Swatikas naming them Hitler or something stupids are a representation of all white people?

Because I don't think so, so you using this bullshit to describe gay people on a totally unrelated thread about the rights of all gay people deserve fair and equal treatment under the law, is not only cowardly, but disingenuous as fuck.
    Relax its just the pendulum swinging back to the center it hasn't even swung the other way yet.

You can no longer bully people into serving you. If we have to tolerate Muslim beliefs your going to have to tolerate...well muslim beliefs but also Christian and a host of others.

Dont know why there is even an argument in here, a group of much smarter and trusted people then anyone in this forum made a decision based on facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Relax its just the pendulum swinging back to the center it hasn't even swung the other way yet.

You can no longer bully people into serving you. If we have to tolerate Muslim beliefs your going to have to tolerate...well muslim beliefs but also Christian and a host of others.
    This isn't defined by Christian belief, so wrong, and yeah they can still be forced to obey the law and will be, or they can choose to go private rather than force their choice on people that didn't choose who they are not to be treated equally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shmiskywalke View Post
    But its good for you, organic.
    So, is poop, but that isn't good for you to eat.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis