Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

There is a bug with the Lucid nightmare maze?

I'm fully expecting no one here to believe me but after googling I couldn't find anyone else with this issue and it just feels so unlikely that's I'm the first one to encounter this.

I was in the maze for over 3 hours, mapping everything with every possible route. I found each orb and rune except red within the first like 40 minutes and just spent the rest of the time looking through every nook and cranny for any of the red ones (not picking up anything else) but just couldn't find it.

I finally got help from a friend and we "started over" this time with him doing his own mapping of the area in a different way that me. OVer 3 hours later, same issue. Found everything but red. Check every possible route. Found out exactly where the teleports went, even which one was random and how it worked. We knew every inch of that fucking maze and red just wasn't in it.

Finally tried picking up and handing in everything and then switching rooms but still no change so still needed the 5 orbs..

Is it even possible there is a bug that red simply didn't exist? Every piece of evidence points to this except for the fact I can't find anyone else with the issue.

Like I said I don't expect people to even believe this but we're sure after spending basically a whole day in that stupid thing. If someone else encounters this and googles it I guess at least there is someone else with the experience now..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moffin View Post
    I'm fully expecting no one here to believe me but after googling I couldn't find anyone else with this issue and it just feels so unlikely that's I'm the first one to encounter this.

I was in the maze for over 3 hours, mapping everything with every possible route. I found each orb and rune except red within the first like 40 minutes and just spent the rest of the time looking through every nook and cranny for any of the red ones (not picking up anything else) but just couldn't find it.

I finally got help from a friend and we "started over" this time with him doing his own mapping of the area in a different way that me. OVer 3 hours later, same issue. Found everything but red. Check every possible route. Found out exactly where the teleports went, even which one was random and how it worked. We knew every inch of that fucking maze and red just wasn't in it.

Finally tried picking up and handing in everything and then switching rooms but still no change so still needed the 5 orbs..

Is it even possible there is a bug that red simply didn't exist? Every piece of evidence points to this except for the fact I can't find anyone else with the issue.

Like I said I don't expect people to even believe this but we're sure after spending basically a whole day in that stupid thing. If someone else encounters this and googles it I guess at least there is someone else with the experience now..
    Well, the maze is one of the things that takes the longest. You've had people taking up to eight hours to do it correct.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    There is no bug, the rooms shift on you, at least as triggered by matching an orb to a rune. I've had it happen where the red rune room turned into the blue rune room upon solving for the red, going back to get the blue orb, and so on. Don't bother making big maps. Just make small cardinal direction based maps from rooms of relevance. It saves headaches. It took me ~2 hours to complete.
    Yeah after having certain rooms overlap 3 times and going in circles several times, I just used a couple of rune locations as a way to navigate and then just solved the runes in the order that made the most sense so I would still have certain points of reference. I gave up on making a completely accurate map, I got confused several times. I think certain paths are on a different floor. Of course that is impossible to see.

As for the red orb and rune not existing, OP, maybe you did miss a spot. After 3 hours in that maze and having solved the whole thing, I am still not sure I've seen every room.

Deleted
    The maze isn't actually that complicated. I don't find it confusing and it's not random, rooms are not "shifting" either before or after picking up colors. The grid isn't actually super huge but it loops on itself if you get to an "edge". There are also several teleportation "points". These always take you from point A to point B which makes even that easy to map out with time. There is also at least one "random room" that will port you to any of the existing porting points.

Mapping the whole thing over a period of time actually does work. Like I said after over 6 hours we had everything worked out and even after picking up all the 4 existing colors (completing them) we never got "lost", we always knew where we were going.

We went back in late yesterday and the map had reset. We made a whole new map, found each color (orb OR rune) within the first 30 minutes. Found the rest and spend some extra bit mapping "uncertainties" to be sure to have a set route when picking them up. Finished in almost 1 hour flat. This map was still big but like I said if you keep track of the rooms and where the irregularities are you won't get lost.

With how well our system worked in a new maze and how much time we spent in the first one. Paired with the fact that most comments have seemed to be people running around aimlessly or "in a general direction" and still completing it in under 2 hours makes the following conclusions:

Either we got the one map where the one random teleport room had like a 1/100 chance to port you to a whole new area not existing on the map, which I haven't seen happen to anyone ever (we did try this extensively) or, more likely, a bug does exist.

Either way my advice to anyone else doing this is that if you can't find all the colors (orb or rune, doesn't need to be both) to know for certain they are there within a reasonable amount of time, like an hour or so I would say ditch that maze and start over in a new one so you don't waste an entire day on something impossible. Good luck!

Deleted
    I will put my money on there being a bug somewhere in the system. I just spent 4 hours *trying* to get started on making a complete map of 'my' maze, only to end up very confused with 7 sheets of grid paper and tons of partial maze drawings. Yes, there are 'teleports', over/under and whatnot, that was not the issue. I went back several times to 'well known' parts of the maze, only to discover that *this* time the locale was ever so slightly different. Very, very similar yet definitely not identical to when I drew the map. This was without picking up any flames.

Next I discarded the map notes and went with 'keeping one hand on a wall' (always turning left or right as far as possible), grabbing flames and cancelling runes as I went along. Once a given path dried up, I skipped an exit and swapped hand. No brain required. Eventually I got all the runes, which took about 90 minutes after I discarded the maps.

There is no bug, the rooms shift on you, at least as triggered by matching an orb to a rune.
    This doesn't happen.

Correct, the rooms absolutely do not shift (except when the whole thing resets, anyway). There are three factors making it very challenging to map properly.

- The maze wraps around, so if you keep going east you'll end up on the west of the map.
    - There are teleporter rooms, which can be very confusing. You know you went through a teleporter when you enter a room and see boulders at your back.
    - The maze has multiple levels, so rooms can seemingly overlap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This doesn't happen.
    Actually i`m pretty sure it does...not completely but slightly (i did it, shitloads of partial maps...)

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Actually i`m pretty sure it does...not completely but slightly (i did it, shitloads of partial maps...)
    Nope it doesn't, thousands of people have mpped their labyrinth before picking up orbs/runes. It doesn't. You just have to know that there are cycles, and thus, the labyrinth is infinite, and that moving north and then east is not the same as moving east and then north.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-09-10 at 02:28 PM.

the rooms shift on you, at least as triggered by matching an orb to a rune. I've had it happen where the red rune room turned into the blue rune room upon solving for the red, going back to get the blue orb, and so on
    This is just not true.

Deleted
    Isn't there a addon for this?

I saw someone saying in another thread he used an addon to map the rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Isn't there a addon for this?

I saw someone saying in another thread he used an addon to map the rooms.
    There is, but it's pretty useless and no replacement for pen+paper. https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/27...ghtmare-helper

10+ Year Old Account
    Brute forced it. Went straight for as long as I could then right as long as I could. The when I couldnt go right I went straight again. Finished in an hour.
    Theres always a possibility for bugs but I dont think there is any actual ones here
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Do not mistake the maze as being flat, its rooms comected to rooms.
    That means that sometimes you enter a room you think you have been before cause the map is flat, but it actually is another room.
    If you happen to enter a room you been before and see it diferently just make a new map layer for that path.

If you get lost logout and you will login at the same place you entered when you started, and you will mantain any orb u have in you.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I had trouble getting blue matched up.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I found it easier to wander aimlessly while I watched netflix.
    After maping it for 45 minutes I realize that going back didn't always work. Would get a weird camera whip and then the previous room wasn't the same as I mapped it. Forced me to assume there were warp points, just to make then even more confusing. From aimlessly wandering, I was finished before finishing a 2nd episode of house of cards.

I got the 4 first colours in like 30mins, then spent 3 hours just to finish the red... trust me its there

Quote Originally Posted by moffin View Post

Here's the secret to beating the maze.

It works the same way beatdown decks work in yugioh. You end up putting a normal summon trash bat out every turn, and all your opponent's fancy kill powers run out because he didn't account for killing a piece of shit every single turn. It leads to morons winning with incorrect strategy, and it works in blizzard's game design of course.

1) Instead of trying to map out the maze like everyone else, just grab the first color you see and turn it in. Don't bother leaving colors there to mark or map anything. Turn in ASAP because you're better off running around like a moron with two colors left than not having a clear map with all five colors left.

2) While you're putting colors away, DO prioritize orbs slightly. The Blue orb is #1 and the Red orb is #2 in difficulty value, so you want to start running those around the most. Green and Yellow seem to always be close to themselves and Purple isn't that bad, so if you're left with those you're going to be done in less than 10 more minutes. Turn those in though, their absence will help you concentrate on Blue and Red.

3) Trust your instincts to map the maze mentally the same way you trust every foot step in real life to not let you hit the floor. It just happens. The mapping just happens and you'll develop intuition; The REAL form of intelligence.

4) While you're running around, enforce the following basic value programming:

Since only a true dead end can end your run and force you to reverse, if you find a dead end, avoid ever running in that direction in any room. For example, you once went left and entered a room where all three other doors are collapsed? NEVER go left again, for the rest of the maze. You can go through the entire maze without going left, especially thanks to two random teleports. Void that option. The way this maze works, it won't ever be able to trap you into a loop.

Develop FOUR forms of running to traverse the maze and employ them. You probably will finish before you even use them all. These four forms are as follows:

Assuming in this example your NEVER RUN direction is Left, then your runs become:

Run up and right, preferring UP at every junction allowing it.

Run up and right, preferring RIGHT at every junction allowing it.

Run down and right, preferring DOWN at every junction allowing it.

Run down and right, preferring RIGHT at every junction allowing it.

Using JUST these four commands, run the command MANY TIMES and you'll see a pattern form. Here is an example pattern.

When you ran up and right preferring UP, you found the blue orb and purple rune, and with some extra absurdity yellow rune.

When you ran up and right preferring RIGHT, you found the blue rune (and turned it in since you kept the blue ball because it's a higher difficulty and priority to keep with few exceptions,) The green orb and green rune and turned those in, the red rune, the purple orb, yellow orb, and with some variant absurdity red orb.

Now you can complete the maze with this information just by following two command doctrines if you think about it. You run one until you get what you want, then run the same one or the other to get it turned in. You'll probably be left with Red Orb, because it takes a mild variant absurdity to find the Red Rune, and the yellow orb and rune are close to each other and easier to do. If you're left with both red and yellow, it's only because you're correctly carrying red and even if you see yellow orb or rune several times don't give up red because it's a higher priority.

It's a million times easier, doesn't require building a map, and builds TRUE intelligence to do this. Of course, now that I told you, I have taken your chance to build intelligence and thus taken your intelligence. But I'm malevolent anyway, give me my money or this pain I deal to you never ends, hahaha I win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnta View Post
    I found it easier to wander aimlessly while I watched netflix.
    After maping it for 45 minutes I realize that going back didn't always work. Would get a weird camera whip and then the previous room wasn't the same as I mapped it. Forced me to assume there were warp points, just to make then even more confusing. From aimlessly wandering, I was finished before finishing a 2nd episode of house of cards.
    Yes like this you develop a brain the same way you develop walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Brute forced it. Went straight for as long as I could then right as long as I could. The when I couldnt go right I went straight again. Finished in an hour.
    Theres always a possibility for bugs but I dont think there is any actual ones here
    Exactly. Don't forget that if you want to pretend you have a brain even though this exercise tries to convince you that you don't have a brain, you can just tell yourself that blizzard developers put in a program that favors you for blindly wandering (Like LFR Determination Stacks, the faster you move the more likely it will just give you a room you want) and didn't tell us, so it would suffer from brute force room changing tactics and break faster than tolerate slow movement mapping tactics where it will confuse you and your "Bug" is actually an intended feature.

The whole point is an evil person would tell you there is truth, but a good person will tell you you can make your own truth, and that's the truth. Just don't do is to much you fuck yourself maybe, because your brain WILL change to make that your truth, the universe will put you in a wheelchair if you try to find out a way to push it's power supply through time and reality warping the same way it nerfed Stephen Hawking so he couldn't bring us the secrets of time and dimension travel because it's way easier to manage it's own power supply by crippling developers than to let us do those things, and who'd rule out retroactive pruning of exploiters when it's very feasible. Trying to stay smart without dying for it is a tricky dance, but you can control it, like if you want to stay smart here, insist that blizzard put in the "LFR determination" aid for this maze, just like how flat earthers are actually correct because if you look around you for a 1000 meters the earth is more than likely flat, the only reason anyone would argue is because of an unspoken vicinity focus or magnitude which is something dumb to argue about, turns out people constantly insisting the planet is round are dumb, even though they're correct from their perspective and we know that.

the idiot is the argue with it, don't argue with that.
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2017-09-10 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Since a few misconceptions came up here I will clarify some stuff. After having spent probably over 24 hours in total in several different mazes I would say I have a pretty firm grasp on how this works.

* Mapping DOES work. However you have to take care and pay attention to when you get ported. If the "walls" don't match up you got ported. Make a new "map". In the end you'll see that it all fits together.

* There are no "floors". The map actually is just one floor. The teleports take you from one place on the map to another. If you map this properly you can actually use them as shortcuts. I have not enocuntered this in every maze (but then again I only 100% mapped one maze) but there is one "random" teleport room. This takes you to a random location out of all the teleports. If you mapped tho you should quickly realise where you ended up.

* Picking up the orbs/completing a color does NOT change the maze. It always stays the same. Again if you mapped this you would know it, but if you are just doing it randomly I could see how it seemed like it changed.

* The map loops at the edges. you can see it this if you map it without creating new "grids" for when you get ported. If you just keep mapping on a big one you will see patterns repeating.

*The always run in X direction is not guaranteed to work. Everyone's maze is different and if you are unlucky, your teleporters could end up in a way that this just makes you run in a big loop.

It's not actually confusing if you are just slow and methodical with your mapping. You'll get a lot of partial maps in the beginning but after a while you can fuse them into one. Backtrack a lot an avoid the "irregular" areas in the beginning. Also make sure you don't get turned around while mapping. A good way to prevent this is to look at the minimap, always keeping track of which entrance is north/south/east/west.

I completed it in under an hour. The trick is to map out the entire room and maintain clear focus on the cardinal directions. You're most likely getting yourself turned around somehow.

Also, realize that you're going down and upstairs. This is important.