Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    All of your deflections to Hillary rely on this silly notion that predictive analyses were wrong which, if you have a grasp of statistics beyond a 3rd grade level, you'd know they weren't.
    Meh, to be fair, in the US, you're not really taught stats in any meaningful way until college, and only then if your major has a requirement for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    What a load of bull. A regime can absolutely change without the new regime "fundamentally working better". Do you really think Russia's regime is what it is because it fundamentally works best in Russia? The damn countries' per capita GDP is roughly half that of mid crisis Greece, right up there with Malaysia, Romania and Kazakhstan. Freedoms are repressed and the government is among the most corrupt in the world. The only upside to living there is your average male life expectancy will only be 64.7, so you don't have to suffer long.

No thanks I'll take my liberal world order, and yes it must be defended.
    I agree with you on the short time scale of regime changes, I was referring to the long term. If they cant surpass Western GDP metrics then they don't work better and are not going to be toppling anything. But if Asian powers have more confidence in their culture (for example demanding assimilation) then they will have an advantage in terms of keeping their countries unified.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Wonder what episode we will be at during his reelection and what the title will be.
    You keep repeating it - and we still do not care. Contribute to the discussion or try another thread plz.

- - - Updated - - -

Because we have seen this thread everyday since even before Trump was elected?
    Actually, no we haven't.

And Dumbass Dump keeps fucking up - which is why "these threads" keep 'happening'.

How about not electing a fuckwit dumbass next time, and you won't get a bunch of forum responses calling out his actions being that of a fuckwith dumbass.

I'm not a fan of DJT, but I feel like there are a lot of people here a d otherwise with a irrational hatred of trump.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm not a fan of DJT, but I feel like there are a lot of people here a d otherwise with a irrational hatred of trump.
    Mines perfectly rational.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Mines perfectly rational.
    I don't know you sooo...sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Annnnd we're off!
    Nothing will happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Meh, to be fair, in the US, you're not really taught stats in any meaningful way until college, and only then if your major has a requirement for it.
    I guess my point ultimately is this. Tell any elementary schooler this situation, "Something has a 3% chance to happen, and then it does happen. Does that mean that the prediction was wrong? Or just that the event had the odds stacked against it and it beat them?"

There's also the fact that the POLLS perfectly predicted the popular vote, almost down to a tenth of a percent. Trump won by a few thousand votes spread across 5 states, and that was back when he had far better approval rating too. 10-15% higher.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Eh, I think it is fairly rational to hate him at this point. Not even getting into his politics (which there is plenty I disagree with) I trust the intelligence community and the circumstantial evidence that we've been able to see in the public eye about the Russian meddeling.

Look at it this way, even if you don't believe that he personally comitted any crimes or that he was too stupid to collude (my father holds this view point), evidence has come out that several high ranking members of his campaign (including his family such as kushner ans his son) absolutely tried to collude. That is not only illegal, but also puts the legitimacy of the election into question for many people.

There was also his sixty minute interview where he pretty much admitted to firing Comey because of the Russian investigation, which potentially makes for an obstruction of justice case.

I respect the law. I believe that there is enough circumstantial evidence to believe that he isn't just a moron, but one with ill intent in the past election. I want to wait things out until Mueller is done with his investigation and to give his recommendations to congress.

The 25th amendment solution will never happen. And people who want to see him assassinated or overthrown via coup are fucking crazy. That would destabilize even worse, and more importantly undermines the rule of law even further which is a principle we should not abandon.

I have plenty of other reasons for hating him, but I try to keep my focus on the Russian investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I guess my point ultimately is this. Tell any elementary schooler this situation, "Something has a 3% chance to happen, and then it does happen. Does that mean that the prediction was wrong? Or just that the event had the odds stacked against it and it beat them?"

There's also the fact that the POLLS perfectly predicted the popular vote, almost down to a tenth of a percent. Trump won by a few thousand votes spread across 5 states, and that was back when he had far better approval rating too. 10-15% higher.
    Hell, pose that to elementary school TEACHERS and I'm guessing the success rate isn't what most of us would hope. My point is that our k-12 education system doesn't teach people how to use statistics in any critical manner, which is why we have people like the person you were arguing with (or, at least, that character is believable).

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know you sooo...sure?
    My dislike of him stems from his time before he was even running for president. His time running for president and his time in office have only made my view of him worse.

Just his pardon of someone who was deliberately ignoring a judge's order to stop violating our constitutional rights would make me dislike him (which, unsurprisingly, has now resulted in a court case that will potentially limit the president's pardon power). So ya, hating him for attempting to destroy the foundations of one of our three co-equal branches of government, if nothing else, seems rational.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Hell, pose that to elementary school TEACHERS and I'm guessing the success rate isn't what most of us would hope. My point is that our k-12 education system doesn't teach people how to use statistics in any critical manner, which is why we have people like the person you were arguing with (or, at least, that character is believable).

- - - Updated - - -

My dislike of him stems from his time before he was even running for president. His time running for president and his time in office have only made my view of him worse.

Just his pardon of someone who was deliberately ignoring a judge's order to stop violating our constitutional rights would make me dislike him (which, unsurprisingly, has now resulted in a court case that will potentially limit the president's pardon power). So ya, hating him for attempting to destroy the foundations of one of our three co-equal branches of government, if nothing else, seems rational.
    I disagreed with the pardon, and this is coming from a Arizona resident who is against illegal immigration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I'm saying Skroe wants to ignore democracy. If Hillary were elected I would oppose her ideas but I wouldn't think that removing her outside the scope of a democratic process is a desirable or effective way to resolve political disagreements.
    The electoral college ignores democracy.

I disagreed with the pardon, and this is coming from a Arizona resident who is against illegal immigration.
    Right, so you do understand that people can hate him for perfectly rational reasons. The pardon is just one of a slew of reasons to dislike him. You might not agree with those reasons (even if in at least one case you do), but there are many here with a rational hatred for him. Just because they're nitpicking the president's every move doesn't make that hatred irrational, when the dislike is based upon rational grounds.

The only argument for irrational behavior that I can see with trump haters, is that when you nitpick to the degree that some do, you're hurting your own cause. I do not see that to be the case with respect to his pardon, his emoluments clauses violations, his dismissal of russian interference in our election, and the dismissal of the investigation into possible collusion with russia to undermine our election process as well as a myriad amount of other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Shit mybad then, I just saw it today and forgot what was in the OP LOL.
    You and your sig.

The worst part of Borderlands was how it never let me straight up murder Claptrap and distribute his parts all across Pandora.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    D if it tangles in russian financial ties, it absolutely does.
    Mueller’s criminal investigators focus on Trump’s tangled financial ties with Russians

Special counsel Robert Mueller is obsessed with President Trump’s network of business interests for suspected money laundering as a critical focus of his investigation into Russian meddling in the presidential election last year, according to sources from the intelligence community close to the former FBI director.

One of the sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the special counsel, who this year hired a staff of 16 lawyers with significant experience prosecuting such financial crimes, is focused on unraveling the Trump family’s tangled financial and real estate empire in a bid to find any connections to “dark money” investments from Russian oligarchs and organized crime figures.

Another source, close to the White House legal defense team, told The Times that subpoenas issued by Mr. Mueller’s office during recent weeks have been focused on financial records of key Trump associates. The subpoenas have come since the special prosecutor began using a District of Columbia grand jury this summer, according to the source, who also spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The special counsel’s office overseeing Mr. Mueller’s probe declined to comment on the specific money laundering claim but suggested in an email to The Times that its probe could extend in a range of directions and may not be limited to the months leading up to the presidential election.

Peter Carr, the top spokesman for the office, pointed specifically to comments that Mr. Mueller made to Congress as the probe gained momentum last spring. At the time, the former FBI director said the inquiry could involve “investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government.”

The special counsel’s office overseeing Mr. Mueller’s probe declined to comment on the specific money laundering claim but suggested in an email to The Times that its probe could extend in a range of directions and may not be limited to the months leading up to the presidential election.

Peter Carr, the top spokesman for the office, pointed specifically to comments that Mr. Mueller made to Congress as the probe gained momentum last spring. At the time, the former FBI director said the inquiry could involve “investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government.”

With the president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., talking with congressional investigators late last week behind closed doors for more than five hours over his contacts with Russian government and private figures during the campaign, the agenda of the more buttoned-up Mueller probe has become a popular Beltway guessing game.
    Bolded for relevance.

I'm going to take the "tangled financial ties with russia" and "tangles in russian financial ties" as proof that i'm both psychic and should be in charge of headlines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I'm going to take the "tangled financial ties with russia" and "tangles in russian financial ties" as proof that i'm both psychic and should be in charge of headlines.
    Heh, you did make it easy to find the article.

The more the democrats act like 4yo's the more that once trump is gone we will just vote into another republican to take his place... after the last year I will never vote for another Democrat after they have shown their true colors. So please impeach trump.. nikki haley 2020 or 2024
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-09-10 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can the title of ep 326 be "For the love of christ why did you reelect him!?!?"
    That will be the sub-chapter when Trump is re-elected to lead his prison's "tying rope to soap" class.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."