Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Cows are essentially slaves to human beings. The meaning of their lives is to either give milk or be eaten. It is true that some cows live in horrible conditions; however, kobe beef cows live a pretty good life. Kobe beef cows get large pastures to roam instead of being constantly confined to a stall, they get to enjoy a top notch diet for cows, daily massages, and they even get several beers a day on the house. Even though they end up as food, kobe beef cows lives a pretty good life.

So, say something similar happened to humans. Say either an advanced alien race or hyper intelligent AI took over the world and gave you the choice to be a slave for them and live an awesome life, or reject slavery and fight back.

In short, if aliens or AI offered you your idealized life in exchange for your enslavement, then which would you choose?

Cows are probably not aware that they even exist so i don't have a problem with eating beef or using cows for milk products. An advance species would not really have much use for us humans other than for maybe experiments or to eat us, so i would resist.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I dunno, I assumed that if we were eating healthy, working out, not stressing over jobs and money and shit we'd probably make for better eating at older ages.
    if our most beloved overlords could stop some effects of aging we should be yummy stiill after 40 or 50, but not 80 ? so there is still a limit somewhere.

only way a alien race will come to this rock and slave us is because they need cannon fodder.. I mean soldiers for their intergalactic war to conquer or destroy all in the galaxy, oh wait thats the burning crusade.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    ok, just an idea, but think of Hutts in starwars and their planets. you are slaves to them, but you'll also see the wonders of the galaxy while on travel with your master. worth the hassle ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because we are entertaining hypothetical situation here for fun to try to figure out stuff about human beings.
    what stuff are you trying to 'figure out'?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Only if it means i get rewarded with non-mechanical reproduction simulation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    By using aliens and AI I am trying to ease into the controversial idea that slavery may not be such a terrible thing under certain conditions. There is an exception to every rule.
    If they are on that level why would they need slaves to begin with ?

Don't be self center !

Would you enslave an ant?
    Human is like an ant to advanced species !

The movie matrix is so self center.
    Advanced AI needs human as battery?

I don't know, cats and dogs have it pretty great.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I'm not sure one has a choice when it comes to being enslaved. So the answer would be yes, whether I want to be enslaved or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I don't know, cats and dogs have it pretty great.
    No they don't they have no agency or maybe couldn't know better. Us taking care of them as it helps us is one thing. But to anthropomorphis them isn't kindness especially when it's too our benefit.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Gona say soft no to being a slave unless it's to a gorgeous female alien.
    I gotta look at my old heavy metal mags since there a similar story in one.
    An alien race comes to earth cures all the diseases, world hunger and offers "employment" to the jobless. This employment is at best extremely dangerouss. But Aton of people sign up for anyway. Later on the aliens leave offering to take the humans with them the end result is the aliens getting the humans as anew slave race.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No they don't they have no agency or maybe couldn't know better. Us taking care of them as it helps us is one thing. But to anthropomorphis them isn't kindness especially when it's too our benefit.
    I don't think it's unreasonable to find a similar symbiosis with some more advanced species, they may be able to take care of us better than we can ourselves.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Imagine if people were pets to aliens, and they kept creating new breeds like with Dogs. There could be some really wacky people about. It'll be like "Man after Man"...

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

If aliens are advanced enough to come here, they'll most likely have robots at their disposal... making biological slaves pointless. They'd probably attack the planet for resources, and do away with its inhabitants if they have no use.

Likewise, why would AI/Robots need slaves when a robot could do the job hell of a lot better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I don't think it's unreasonable to find a similar symbiosis with some more advanced species, they may be able to take care of us better than we can ourselves.
    Maybe but then we never bothered to make a formal greeting or contact with the animals for whom we act on behalf of. Consider that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I choose death.
    I choose to fight if it's all the same. Fuck living in chains.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Come on guys, I'm a kind and caring master! Y'all motherfuckers just don't know any better.

But seriously, no. I value Freedom above everything.

Depends on the level of freedom and quality of life I'd receive.

But 'enslavement' and 'working for' are very different things so I'd imagine the level of freedom and quality life regularly associated with 'enslavement' means my answer would be no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cows are essentially slaves to human beings. The meaning of their lives is to either give milk or be eaten. It is true that some cows live in horrible conditions; however, kobe beef cows live a pretty good life. Kobe beef cows get large pastures to roam instead of being constantly confined to a stall, they get to enjoy a top notch diet for cows, daily massages, and they even get several beers a day on the house. Even though they end up as food, kobe beef cows lives a pretty good life.

So, say something similar happened to humans. Say either an advanced alien race or hyper intelligent AI took over the world and gave you the choice to be a slave for them and live an awesome life, or reject slavery and fight back.

In short, if aliens or AI offered you your idealized life in exchange for your enslavement, then which would you choose?
    Cows are slaves? um... are you trying to diminish slavery or justify it?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.