Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Why is "Sikh != Muslim" such a difficult concept for people?

Sikhs are as much Muslim as Catholics.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, they carry big ass knives as a part of their religion, so . . . don't fuck with them!

- - - Updated - - -

You're thinking "sheik" which I *think* is Arabian or Iranian for some sort of ruler or leadership rank.

- - - Updated - - -

No. It would not.

But this incident does highlight the fact that Sikhs get a lot of the Muslim-hate from ignorant morons.

they do not carry big ass knives. kirpans blades are maybe 3 inches. Not all of them carry it cuz it is mostly ceremonial.

Sheikh is usually leader but doesnt mean military exclusively. You could be a religious one, or even just a good person generally accepted by the community that people could go to for advice. not really a rank.

i agree totally with your last statement. I think back when 9/11 happened alot of sikhs got flack for having beards (its part of their religion to not shave).

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dumb woman can't tell difference between a Sikh and a Muslim news at a eleven
    Have afew Sikhs in my class nice enough folk honestly think they have the lowest amount of confirmed terrorist attacks from all the main religions
    Wasn't there a lynching of a Sikh in the USA after 9/11?

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost feel like this was politically staged at the Sikh politician's expense (unless he was in on it), especially considering Canada already passed an anti-Islamophobia motion. I just get flabbergasted when I see people like that woman act that way. On one hand there are people completely out of touch with reality, and on the other hand is the reality of paid "Craigslist" actors/aggregators.

These are not the times to be giving any situation complete benefit of the doubt. I congratulate the man's performance regardless if it was real or staged.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicmonger View Post
    I haven't seen anyone ask this but i might have missed it, would this reaction be okay if Jagmeet Singh was actually muslim, she wouldn't be wrong in thinking he was a muslim but does that make her reaction justified?
    I understand the question, but you can't be Muslim and Sikh. They aren't races. They're religions. You can choose to accept or denounce either unlike race. They're just opinions and should not be legally enforceable. A "free woman" has as much right as she wants to argue (but not do anything about) any oppressive ideology against her. If you care more about your religion/ideology than your country, then you're an oppressive ideology and must accept the consequences however minor or severe they might be.

Unfortunately this is Canada and I'd be surprised if she wasn't in jail for "hate speech" regardless if the Sikh man was Muslim or not.

In the same vain as your question: If people want to legitimize punching Nazis, then can other people legitimize punching Commies and "Muzzies"?

It's better if people just stop punching each other over which ideology is figuratively worse. Unfortunately, even if they gave up their allusions, their peers would rather outcast to save face instead of using it as an excuse to escape their oppressive narrative.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-09-10 at 09:14 PM. Reason: words
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

I don't agree with how Islam is being demonised in this thread and Sikhism is being presented as a less 'threatening' alternative faith to the status quo, that is, Christianity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I don't agree with how Islam is being demonised in this thread and Sikhism is being presented as a less 'threatening' alternative faith to the status quo, that is, Christianity.
    Probably because the topic is about Sikhism and Islam? Sikhism however is better than Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Probably because the topic is about Sikhism and Islam? Sikhism however is better than Christianity
    Yeah the topic is about both I know but even in the first page someone said something like "I dont know how people can mistake sikhs with muslims....Sikhs are one of the nicest people". The inference here is that Muslims are not very nice which doesn't sit well with me at all.
    In what way is Sikhism better than an Abrahamic faith?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thats terrible considering Sikh's are awesome and often some of the most Anti-Muslim folk around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Sadly idiots are found everywhere

A Sikh bringin sharia law.. crimany.

The guy handled it amazingly well, so props to him, but this is basically just a random dumb racist asshole being a dumb racist asshole; not sure it needed its own thread.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Sikhism is a pretty based religion. There are 2 Gurdwara on the (relatively) short journey to work; they certainly rock a celebration when they want to :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sikhs are alright from what I've seen. Knew one back at my first year of college who was always helping people out. Muslims didn't like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it interesting that people are more incensed that she confused a sikh for a Muslim than the fact that a woman stood up and started spewing hate at someone for their religion, regardless of whether it was actually their faith.

As for "how could she possibly confuse the two!" You'll find that xenophobic hate-mongers usually aren't well versed in cultures, period. For all of you scratching your head in feigned ignorance, lemme clue you in to her likely thought process... "Does he have brown skin and look middle-eastern? Yep. Does he wear a middle-eastern headdress? Yep. Therefore, he must be a Muslim. Therefore, he must be a
    Terrorist. REEEEEEEE..."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You are about as intelligent as the woman in the video.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

But Sikhism and Islam are two different religions all together, is this woman retarded?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    But Sikhism and Islam are two different religions all together, is this woman retarded?
    It's like unilaterally hating people for the color of their skin and perceived beliefs is something that xenophobic idiots do.

Again, why is anyone surprised by this?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    “After the primal manifestation of the sword, the universe was created.” When your god creates a sword before bothering with the universe you know its some badass shit.

They are the coolest warrior tribe going.

Deleted
    Yeah the topic is about both I know but even in the first page someone said something like "I dont know how people can mistake sikhs with muslims....Sikhs are one of the nicest people". The inference here is that Muslims are not very nice which doesn't sit well with me at all.
    Well that's because Islam like Christianity is a rather aggressive religion whereas Sikhism isn't - because of this on average Sikhs are less aggressive towards none Sikhs than the other two

Do you have the whole day?

Ok, I'll just do one then: they don't proselytize. That's a big plus in my books.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    You are about as intelligent as the woman in the video.
    Historically Christianity has been more brutal and unfortunately even today you have very aggressive Christians condemning people not Christian

10+ Year Old Account
    *dons fedora* okay but remember Muslim is not a race *mouth breathes*