Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    Call the world police, someone said nigger! Time to ruin their career, shame them into obscurity, and make sure they never find a job again!
    Not really much they can do to harm his career at this point. He already lost all of his sponsors after the WSJ hit job earlier this year... And all of his videos are demonetized on YouTube. The only money he makes now is his fans buying his merchandise, and none of them give a shit about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to run an entertainment program of any kind for a lot of people, it's something you just don't do. Once might be a mistake. More than once? No, not a mistake.

Words have meaning and value. Some words are more than just words depending on context. To think otherwise is to ignore the value of language.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    People who aren't racist don't use the word in private or "let it slip". It's not part of their vocabulary whether they are drunk, upset or anything else.
    Sorry this is bullshit, try again.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    So if the "N word" and "F word" are so bad, then how come calling someone a Jew, Retard or even Ginger isn't labeled that offensive then?

Plenty of people call others Jews as an insult.
    Even more use "Retard" as an insult, heck even Ginger used to be an insult to target redheads, now it's a term that the mainstream use.

But all these words have been used as insults to target specific groups to try and "dehumanize" them as you say.
    But somehow, it's only the F-word and the n-word that stick.

I wonder why.
    Calling someone a "Jew" isn't as offensive because there are people actually called Jews.

The N-Word is a racial slur, and it's history is violent and toxic. You'd have to be a pretty hateful fucker to use that to insult someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    There's no defending using that word. He's a racist and this isn't the first time he's shown it.
    he also used the Swedish equivalent of nigger in his videos in the past...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    No it isn't bullshit and it's pretty fucking practical reasoning, I get pissed stub my toe, the first word that comes to mind isn't the word nigger, why do you think that would be?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

My two cents

Words are just that, words. They Hold no power until people give them power. By getting offended at Pewds using that word, you only give it power to hurt and disparage others. When you stop getting offended, when you stop letting words hurt you, thats when you rob them of all their power and meaning.

When I adopted this viewpoint in real life, soon I found that I was alot less angry, my bloodpressure got loads better and I was smiling a lot more.

it is only bullshit literally to people who are racist and use them but believe they're not racist because they're delusional as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Another one seemingly unaware of the history behind the N-word, which simply does not exist for the words "cunt", "butt", "bloomin'" and "heck".

One should not be surprised, but then again...
    Fat people face abuse, transgenders face abuse, people of color face abuse. That is nothing new.
    You obviously get offended by the N word, I don't. In fact, I don't care whether people use it or not as long as you don't go throwing that shit in
    someone's face.

Some people in this world will be offended by words and some don't care. There's probably not a single word in this world that can offend me.
    I've been on both sides of this, I used to be that SJW kid (before that was a term) and now I'm just careless about the whole thing.

The more power you give to these words, the more it's going to bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    My two cents

Words are just that, words. They Hold no power until people give them power. By getting offended at Pewds using that word, you only give it power to hurt and disparage others. When you stop getting offended, when you stop letting words hurt you, thats when you rob them of all their power and meaning.

When I adopted this viewpoint in real life, soon I found that I was alot less angry, my bloodpressure got loads better and I was smiling a lot more.
    Try being called a slur while being followed and having harm threatened against you and I am sure your viewpoint may be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    That gave me flashbacks to when I played CoD outside of party chat. XD

I've lived around racists all my life and they at least say the word like it has some meaning behind it. This guy says it like one of those 12 year old's on Xbox who think no one can do anything to them. Which I guess is true seeing as how much money he has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Calling someone a "Jew" isn't as offensive because there are people actually called Jews.

The N-Word is a racial slur, and it's history is violent and toxic. You'd have to be a pretty hateful fucker to use that to insult someone.
    I agree with everything you said LOL

But honestly someone being offended by being called a jew, I think I might think something other than he is offended by the word. Honestly, I am not sure why someone would even use the word jew at all unless the topic came up for discussion.

I mean I usually call people I know and I don't know by their first name.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The fact you think context fucking matter makes you ignorant, it doesn't.
    Context very much so matters. Black people call other black people niggers with no problem with it being racist. It can also be used in a historical manor such say telling some one that in the past slaves were called niggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Interesting to see what the internet at large thinks about it:

Subreddit Drama is not exactly a representation of the internet tbh. I like the sub, but it leans lefty on social issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Context very much so matters. Black people call other black people niggers with no problem with it being racist. It can also be used in a historical manor such say telling some one that in the past slaves were called niggers.
    Well yeah Ok you have a point when I said it doesn't matter what context it is being used, I didn't consider Academic, I think censoring that is silly. In that context it's not apart of general conversation, but describing with as close accuracy as possible an event or reference.

My two cents

Cute.

Only you deciding that you won't care about words, won't change what certain words mean through their history. It also won't stop people from taking offense if the word is used at them or someone else. But perhaps you could try and spread your zen spirits by going to a predominantly African-American neighbourhood, placing yourself in a crowd, yelling the N-word and then handing out flyers with your words of wisdom...

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    ...... Ok this has to be bait.
    Why didn't you highlight the entire quote? No wonder you're so ignorant. It makes you look foolish.

My two cents

Words have power because language has power. If you think otherwise, go to your job tomorrow and verbally insult your boss. Next time you get pulled over, sling some insults towards the cop. When you're standing in court, verbally insult the judge as well. I assure you, none of those scenarios will work out well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Fat people face abuse, transgenders face abuse, people of color face abuse. That is nothing new.
    You obviously get offended by the N word, I don't. In fact, I don't care whether people use it or not as long as you don't go throwing that shit in
    someone's face.

Some people in this world will be offended by words and some don't care. There's probably not a single word in this world that can offend me.
    I've been on both sides of this, I used to be that SJW kid (before that was a term) and now I'm just careless about the whole thing.

The more power you give to these words, the more it's going to bother you.
    Yeah, I somehow find this very hard to believe. You clearly care, you cared enough to create this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    So when are we banning Mel Brooks since everyone in this thread thinks any racial slur in any context is racist.