Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Post Fun Things Lost From Previous Expansions

List fun things you miss the most from previous expansions that no longers exist or are extremely outdated.

My List:
    • Gurubashi Arena / Dire Maul Arena
      I miss this ones the most. Some times i would wait to login every 3 hours just to have fun trying to open the chest and it was always epic. Every single time.
      Why would there be high levels in this place? I have no idea but they were always there and i was always having fun with them.
      At one point i managed to get the chest as a level 40 rogue against several max level 70's. I got hate and salty whispers
      Now is just a forsaken barren deserted place and it makes me so sad to miss out all the potential fun of a good Gurubashi arena.
    • Timeless Isle (blood coin system and item to kill your own faction)
      I never had the chance to experience Timeless Isle because MoP was the only expansion i didn't play. BUT "world PvP" is my favorite thing so i was pretty much drooling watching videos on youtube of people either trolling their own faction, pushing people of ledges and hardcore PvP'ing all over the place.
      It was pretty much my dream place that i never had the chance to experience
    • Kiting Overlord Mok'morokk to Orgrimmar every single day
      Yes i was that guy.
      Everyday i would grab my warlock and kited Mok'Morokk to Orgrimar to sandbag the whole city. He was impossible to kill so the only way to remove him from the city was with the help of a GM.
      Surprisingly i never got in trouble by doing this daily.
      I can't explain the source of joy by doing it...but it gave me so much pleasure watching an entire server completely mind blown when they saw him for the first time and the several people leveling "unarmed skill" to 400 on him.
      When it got fixed i decided to kite "Keeper Remulos" from Moonglade to Orgrimmar but he could die so it was a battle between Healers and DPS'ers trying to Kill/Heal him.
      Fun times
    • Several gem slots in every piece of gear + Hybrid Talent Trees + PvP without Templates
      Another source of joy that i can't explain very well...i always like to be different i guess. I like the idea of having a unique, viable, hybrid spec on my class.
      In WotlK and Cataclysm i was a "Tank Rogue" in PvP, full gemed with stamina and tank trinkets...and it worked! I was able to get to 2100 rating in arena and everything. Being a hybrid just gave me so much joy and it makes me sad it's no longer possible.
    • Rogue Spell "Recuperate" (Cataclysm Version)
      I just miss the old recuperate. It made rogue the most overpowered class in the whole game if you gemed stamina and you had stamina trinkets.
      I was able to duel Blood DK's...enough said, completely overpowered and i miss it.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-09-11 at 01:05 PM.

k

/Somanycharslaterthattheoldpantheongottiredofwaitingandtheyhadtohireanewone

No one was ever at the Diremaul arena, but it does suck they removed its PvP flag just because there's one quest that you go to the arena for. They couldn't phase it for the quest, or just have you do the quest as flagged? All you do is watch a cutscene and then leave. But whatever.

People still do the Gurubashi Arena and there's usually always people hanging around, especially for the chest spawns.

Also Recuperate was a garbage spell and I dunno what you're talking about. Gemming Stamina what the fuck you're so full of shit lol.

Finding ways to get past invisible walls and explore where the game wasn't meant to be explored. Kinda possible in certain spots on Argus, but not really anymore.

Chillwind pvp in vanilla. I barely got into it, but my friends took me along sometimes and it was a blast.

Kiting silly mobs to org. I never did bosses, but I enjoyed bringing dinosaurs from ungoro to Org for funsies.

I've probs got a million but those three are ones that come up at first thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Also Recuperate was a garbage spell and I dunno what you're talking about. Gemming Stamina what the fuck you're so full of shit lol.
    LoL Recuperate recovered % of HP.
    SO if you stacked stamina it was completely overpowered. I was dueling Blood Deathknights man. It was that much overpowered. Even more so if you were a hybrid who stacked stamina.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-09-11 at 01:34 AM.

Flight for gold at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    LoL Recuperate recovered % of HP.
    SO if you stacked stamina it was completely overpowered. I was dueling Blood Deathknights man. It was that much overpowered. Even more so if you were a hybrid who stacked stamina.
    Yeah, I remember what recuperate did. You're lying, however. Maybe you did stack Stamina, but you weren't dueling (well-geared) Blood Death Knights and you certainly weren't getting 2.2k rating in Arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Flight for gold at max level.
    No /10chars

7+ Year Old Account
    [*]Timeless Isle (blood coin system and item to kill your own faction)
    I never had the chance to experience Timeless Isle because MoP was the only expansion i didn't play. BUT "world PvP" is my favorite thing so i was pretty much drooling watching videos on youtube of people either trolling their own faction, pushing people of ledges and hardcore PvP'ing all over the place.
    It was pretty much my dream place that i never had the chance to experience

That is still available to do (I did it 2 months ago) and there is also a Legion version of it added in 7.1 (Talons Vengeance)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

getting your BiS

Deleted
    Yeah, I remember what recuperate did. You're lying, however. Maybe you did stack Stamina, but you weren't dueling (well-geared) Blood Death Knights and you certainly weren't getting 2.2k rating in Arenas.
    It was the first and only time i reached 2100 rating in arena My bad, it wasn't 2200 it was 2100
    In my defense i wasn't the only one doing it. There was one pro player doing the exact same thing and i even copied some of his ideas to further perfect my hybrid Tank rogue. I'm telling the truth man. It's the time i miss the most in WoW. I had so much fun back then
    It was on 5v5's so survival and utility was the most important thing.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-09-11 at 01:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Gladiator stance! Old Alterac Valley (that shit was fun) and especially 2H wielding enhancement shaman.
    Making enhancement shaman rely on dual wielding destroyed that class for me, they were unique before that change was implemented.

7+ Year Old Account
    I miss the raid weekly from wotlk that legitimized older content, a lot of the old class designs, and night time.

I think as far as the game's quality it's moreso an issue of terrible additions rather than necessarily removing fun things. Generally.

It was the first and only time i reached 2100 rating in arena My bad, it wasn't 2200 it was 2100
    In my defense i wasn't the only one doing it. There was one pro player doing the exact same thing and i even copied some of his ideas to further perfect my hybrid Tank rogue. I'm telling the truth man. It's the time i miss the most in WoW. I had so much fun back then
    It was on 5v5's so survival and utility was the most important thing.
    Yeeeeahhhhh, I don't think so. I don't recall anything about "stamina stacking for recup" in Rogue PvP during Cataclysm, and googling it quick all I find is an ArenaJunkies thread where they're talking about how bad the hypothetical concept is.

Do you even have a way to prove you've been to 2100 at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    good class design
    Way too real.

Deleted
    Yeeeeahhhhh, I don't think so. I don't recall anything about "stamina stacking for recup" in Rogue PvP during Cataclysm, and googling it quick all I find is an ArenaJunkies thread where they're talking about how bad the hypothetical concept is.

Do you even have a way to prove you've been to 2100 at all?
    Well...it no longer shows proof of 5v5's but i was also able to get to 2000 in 2v2's.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...s-player/arena

10+ Year Old Account
    almost all the spells they pruned since Cata launched, and mostly the ones pruned with 7.0.

Pruning for no legitimate reason (and make no mistake, it was for no legitimate reason) is bad.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-11 at 02:10 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Well...it no longer shows proof of 5v5's but i was also able to get to 2000 in 2v2's.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...s-player/arena
    So you got to 2000 rating before Cataclysm even came out while in 2v2. How does this prove you ever got to 2100 in Cataclysm by running Stam stacking Rogue?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    eyes of the beast, i have a friend who doesn't even play hunter who acts like it was the golden grail and wont stop going on about it being gone.