Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    It's already an established word your ignorance not withstanding.
    I know very well of the history of the word, but times changes. The meaning behind the usage of the word counts, trends change in how people speak and so on. Preferably, I would like to see the word disappear, but realistically speaking if you are actively getting triggered by someone saying nigger you simply are weak-willed. When someone insults me, I just roll my eyes over and move on, why should someone go crazy because of the word nigger?

The fact is, the more time goes on, the less impact the word as, it's already been used for edgy humor, including from my own black friends and used towards the same friends while they just laugh at it.

Pewdiepie is not perfect, he's surrounded by the same gaming culture that probably has said the word countless times as a joke, and he just happened to adopt it unconciously.. just to let it slip on stream and immediately regret it. Anyone who makes this a bigger deal than it needs be needs to review how they see life because they are way too sensitive or they really love to jump on bandwagons, or they have an agenda (see WSJ).

Let's grow up as a community and judge people on actions rather than singular words. I've seen and condemned a lot of racist shit, especially in this day and age where the racist alt right seems to be rising in popularity on social media (Which i regularly try to attack/correct on fb), but I have never seen a single thing that has led me to think that pewdiepie is a racist. The world will be a better place if we stop caring too much about little things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    This is really funny. So are people allowed to say it or not? I'm not on the side saying this word is horrible and the people who say it are horrible.
    No not living by whatever bullshit you come up with to justify your hate of black people while trying to act better doing the same thing. You're a hypocrite or simply incompetent.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Just like being called fat bastard? What foolishness is this? Oh god if ever there was a clear sign of white privileged we are seeing it now. Straight privilege by the way is being able to say so what if someone says faggot people call me stupid!
    You have a scale for how bad each insult is? Cause insults are insults to me.

Do explain to me how you're "underpriviliged" then.

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    The "N" word isn't a part of my daily vocabulary but I do say it once in a blue moon If I'm frustrated with myself and failing at something and I let forth an angry tirade of curse words. I'm not a racist and I don't give a flying fuck if you think otherwise. It really baffles me that there's people out there who want to empower the actual racists, by letting them continue to own their favorite word by not allowing it to lose it's meaning and by becoming MORE offended to it over the years.

Maybe you're the actual racist?
    A major problem with society today, is that people see a word and instantly label the person who said it as a racist. Regardless of the person's intent behind saying the word, what they were feeling at the time, what their actual thoughts are on the other person they said it to... all that is far too complicated, so they get offended at the drop of a fucking hat and jump on the bandwagon of hating on the most famous youtuber around so they can feel better about themselves.

Pew clearly didn't mean shit when he said that. He was not standing on someone's front lawn burning a cross dressed as somebody in the KKK, he was not lynching a black person for the "crime" of being black, he was not marching in a "white power" parade... he was frustrated at somebody in a fuckin video game and the word slipped out.

Clearly he's far more of a racist than anybody else ever in the entire history of the world and he deserves to be crucified for it. (Or so I firmly believe that most people online who get offended at this shit think these days..) The general populace is pathetic.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a strange term to use while playing a video game at an opponent. For most people, they'd never think to say something like that. They might use other non-racial profane terms. But to throw it out like that seems like it's probably a term he casually uses off-camera and slipped in this case. Plus, he obviously knew he was on-stream.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was intentional for publicity in his case. He has a track record of making controversial statements every so often to boost his viewers. There are stars that do that kind of thing once in a while just for some press and to try to stay relevant. I still have no idea why he's so popular anyway. His videos aren't interesting to watch or funny. At any given time there are 20+ more interesting and entertaining streamers live on Twitch.

No not living by whatever bullshit you come up with to justify your hate of black people while trying to act better doing the same thing. You're a hypocrite or simply incompetent.
    Hate of black people. Epic dodge.

So the word isn't bad. It is babies like you giving it power.

I've never understood the obsession with wanting to say nigger and have no one upset over it. Is it just because it is a "dirty word" or something and "fuck" is just too common these days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    I know very well of the history of the word, but times changes. The meaning behind the usage of the word counts, trends change in how people speak and so on. Preferably, I would like to see the word disappear, but realistically speaking if you are actively getting triggered by someone saying nigger you simply are weak-willed. When someone insults me, I just roll my eyes over and move on, why should someone go crazy because of the word nigger?

The fact is, the more time goes on, the less impact the word as, it's already been used for edgy humor, including from my own black friends and used towards the same friends while they just laugh at it.

Pewdiepie is not perfect, he's surrounded by the same gaming culture that probably has said the word countless times as a joke, and he just happened to adopt it unconciously.. just to let it slip on stream and immediately regret it. Anyone who makes this a bigger deal than it needs be needs to review how they see life because they are way too sensitive or they really love to jump on bandwagons, or they have an agenda (see WSJ).

Let's grow up as a community and judge people on actions rather than singular words. I've seen and condemned a lot of racist shit, especially in this day and age where the racist alt right seems to be rising in popularity on social media (Which i regularly try to attack/correct on fb), but I have never seen a single thing that has led me to think that pewdiepie is a racist. The world will be a better place if we stop caring too much about little things.

Times do change but you I, nor Pewdiepie determine what that word means. Pewdiepie didn't say that shit for any reason other than being a racist. But I don't care I didn't watch I didn't bring it up. Someone did and yeah if I had been there in the room personally when he said it the responsibility I would take would be for my actions. He's an idiot who is consumed by idiots so I'm not likely to care. However the bullshit being used to justify this is going to hurt him and the dumbest of his followers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking News! Anti-SJW triggered over SJW getting triggered over Pewdiepie getting triggered.

More at 11.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I do like how people are far more focused on the alleged racism aspect of this, and not the real aspect of a shitty game developer threatening to abuse the legal system, simply because they disagree with what one person said while playing a completely different game and being frustrated at a situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Hate of black people. Epic dodge.

So the word isn't bad. It is babies like you giving it power.
    You give it power by being black being racist towards black people for the very activities you engage in. That is pretty much your deal the fact you get away with this is the ironic icying on the cake of your failure.

I'm just glad it's established because the most important part is you know now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    I do like how people are far more focused on the alleged racism aspect of this, and not the real aspect of a shitty game developer threatening to abuse the legal system, simply because they disagree with what one person said while playing a completely different game and being frustrated at a situation.
    That's selective outrage and I don't give a shit about this or any other Nazi or White Supremacist getting banned. Never going to care about them.

Times do change but you I, nor Pewdiepie determine what that word means. Pewdiepie didn't say that shit for any reason other than being a racist. But I don't care I didn't watch I didn't bring it up. Someone did and yeah if I had been there in the room personally when he said it the responsibility I would take would be for my actions. He's an idiot who is consumed by idiots so I'm not likely to care. However the bullshit being used to justify this is going to hurt him and the dumbest of his followers.
    Sorry, but there is a large difference between saying nigger and what you actually think of black people. I've said the word and I think no less of them: I go up to them all the time, and I genuinely think africans have this culture that makes them more friendly than your average canadian. Why can't it be the same for him? There is definitely a dictionary version of the word, but in the end what counts is the thought behind the word when it is used. I truly don't believe that is he a racist.

Honestly, I didn't even care when people insulted me when I was 12, why do people care about getting insulted just because it talks about their race? Especially when it doesn't even come as hate comment about how he doesn't like blacks because XYZ. He could've literally used "gay" "retard" "asshole" it would've communicated the same message, but one is more triggering than the others apparantly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems he slipped up again.

Off topic, but some people here are taking this WAY too seriously. Is Genn unable to summon popcorn ships now?

You give it power by being black being racist towards black people for the very activities you engage in. That is pretty much your deal the fact you get away with this is the ironic icying on the cake of your failure.

I'm just glad it's established because the most important part is you know now.

- - - Updated - - -

That's selective outrage and I don't give a shit about this or any other Nazi or White Supremacist getting banned. Never going to care about them.
    I'm being called racist by a racist. Life is delightful.

Come back when you aren't selective about Nigger being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Holy shit, its amazing how people still the understand the irony of Louis CKs bits.
    he says the truth though..... There is no equality if one group can say a word and another can't so tell blacks to quit using the word and start critizing them I want a Jay-Z boycott I want little wayne with 100,000 protestors outside his concert.... I want Sponsors cutting way with rick ross.. Its just a word. if youve been on the internet long enough its something that is said so what.

This is how you do it in 2017:

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    he says the truth though..... There is no equality if one group can say a word and another can't so tell blacks to quit using the word and start critizing them I want a Jay-Z boycott I want little wayne with 100,000 protestors outside his concert.... I want Sponsors cutting way with rick ross.. Its just a word. if youve been on the internet long enough its something that is said so what.
    ironically, Rick Ross almost lost Reebok once over a line. Not for Nigger or talking about shooting rival drug dealers. It was about roofieing and raping a woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Sorry, but there is a large difference between saying nigger and what you actually think of black people. I've said the word and I think no less of them: I go up to them all the time, and I genuinely think africans have this culture that makes them more friendly than your average canadian. Why can't it be the same for him? There is definitely a dictionary version of the word, but in the end what counts is the thought behind the word when it is used. I truly don't believe that is he a racist.

Honestly, I didn't even care when people insulted me when I was 12, why do people care about getting insulted just because it talks about their race? Especially when it doesn't even come as hate comment about how he doesn't like blacks because XYZ. He could've literally used "gay" "retard" "asshole" it would've communicated the same message, but one is more triggering than the others apparantly...
    There some merit to what you're saying the problem here is there you apply it. The meaning here was clear as I said I don't care enough to watch this idiot or participate in this jackass drama. I don't think anyone else cares about this clown except he keeps them entertained until someone else comes along to mimic.

He just happens to be a racist and displaying stupid shit to try at home. Maybe they will all bond and cry together over the stupity and misery that created for themselves. The only bonus is the take away when it happens I can enjoy their pain and not feel anything but more amusement.

Yawn , ppl getting angry over simple words. saying nigger isnt racist by itself,context matter . In my group of friends we have ppl calling each other bitch,nigga,fag,goat fucker etc and we dont mean shit by it and still laugh and stay friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Context matters. Pewdiepie clearly uses it in a derogatory manner, and black Americans have re-purposed the word within their own culture. Your question is marks you as oblivious to simple facts.
    So theyve repurposed it, and only ever use it in a positive way?