Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    If I were him I would keep them going because the obvious has been stated it does probably get his views up, but just like any other useless tender when they start winding down they do the same thing, maybe he has the money invested though
    He's got more money than most of us will see in a lifetime, even if he went "shock jock" he'd still be better off than most of the world. I just wish he'd just transition already so no one would be surprised at what he does anymore lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I don't think you understand the meaning of roasting you're friends or being roasted yourself, when you have friends that you have been friends with for many years and you are so comfortable with them that that you can joke with them and they joke with you, it's all fun, no one takes what we say to each other seriously, we just laugh at it.
    Ok, that doesn't sound like fun or comfortable at all! I rather like I said get in the ring and box, or go to a hockey game, work out on my own, go see about dates, shit maybe even go check out a movie rare, cause a lot are terrible etc.

I work as a Firefighter and a Paramedic, even in a job that is this serious, we still roast each other and have a laugh, you know why? when you work in a job where you see the most horrifying shit you can imagine we all need to laugh and have fun, not laughing and having fun with you're friends makes the job far harder on you mentally, we don't do it when we are on a call, but when we have a break we joke around and have fun and try to forget what we just went through.
    So am I supposed to conflate this example with firefighters, or paramedics because it still stupid, and that sounds like a professional fucking setting, I rather they did their god damn jobs, work can be fun and relaxed, and all the guards and people I work with hardly any turnover, no issues either.

We don't sit around calling each other nigger, honkey and redneck or any of that other shit, these people have lives they are NOT my FRIENDS they are my coworkers and i don't lean on them. I respect them as people trying to put food on the table and live life.

I don't feel the need to test them on stupid shit or make them feel like shit, even if they were friends and they aren't. Maybe that shit is bonding to you, maybe to those I work with too I don't know, but they and WE function.

Personally, when it comes to friends here is the thing check this out "I actually LIKE my friends, I think they are great people, I don't think this shit about them to say it, and I don't want to make them feel like shit' All of them have REAL LIVES anyways.

Nothing is perfect but FUCK more than enough horrible shit to not have to fucking spend more of it with people just to be assholes.

Maybe you have some compunction to do that but I don't nether do any Friends, I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    He's got more money than most of us will see in a lifetime, even if he went "shock jock" he'd still be better off than most of the world. I just wish he'd just transition already so no one would be surprised at what he does anymore lol.
    Well I am sure it has to be a bit personal too, which is another reason why I don't think what he does do is without a measure of control, because he isn't new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    How would he? Doesn't have any.
    Haha so suppose hypotheticals on my life out of the blue, yeah someone's salty.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Well I am sure it has to be a bit personal too, which is another reason why I don't think what he does do is without a measure of control, because he isn't new.
    True.

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, that doesn't sound like fun or comfortable at all! I rather like I said get in the ring and box, or go to a hockey game, work out on my own, go see about dates, shit maybe even go check out a movie rare, cause a lot are terrible etc.

So am I supposed to conflate this example with firefighters, or paramedics because it still stupid, and that sounds like a professional fucking setting, I rather they did their god damn jobs, work can be fun and relaxed, and all the guards and people I work with hardly any turnover, no issues either.

We don't sit around calling each other nigger, honkey and redneck or any of that other shit, these people have lives they are NOT my FRIENDS they are my coworkers and i don't lean on them. I respect them as people trying to put food on the table and live life.

I don't feel the need to test them on stupid shit or make them feel like shit, even if they were friends and they aren't. Maybe that shit is bonding to you, maybe to those I work with too I don't know, but they and WE function.

Personally, when it comes to friends here is the thing check this out "I actually LIKE my friends, I think they are great people, I don't think this shit about them to say it, and I don't want to make them feel like shit' All of them have REAL LIVES anyways.

Nothing is perfect but FUCK more than enough horrible shit to not have to fucking spend more of it with people just to be assholes.

Maybe you have some compunction to do that but I don't nether do any Friends, I have.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Haha so suppose hypotheticals on my life out of the blue, yeah someone's salty.
    You just sound as a far to serious type of person that I could ever get along with, but that's fine, not everyone is the same.

And yes we take our job (my job) very seriously and we do it well, it does not mean that we can't have fun, and yes I call many of the people I work with friends, since we hang out after work and we go do what friends do, they may have started out as coworkers but many of them are what I call friends now and have been for many years.

And no we don't call each other "niggers" or "faggots" often, it's rare, but none of us take is seriously and we don't mean it in the way the words where originally meant for.
    Last edited by Torched; 2017-09-11 at 06:11 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

People in the US should come to an understanding that the world exists outside of the US.
    Slavery is kind of a long gone history even in the US, and in some other countries it might not be part of their history at all.

In case of Sweden - inside the country there was no slavery since 18th century officially and in reality there was no slavery since the viking times I guess.
    If I am not mistaken Sweden was still profiting from the slave trade till mid 19th century as its vessels were used to transport slaves, and it was one of the leading producers of iron chains, but even that stopped more than 150 years ago.

So why should a person in Sweden care about how the word nigger was used in the US during the slavery times?
    A word, that he hears regularly in movies, rap songs, and pop culture in general?

This word has bad history just inside the US, for the rest of the world it is just what our favourite rappers and comedians call each other.

No you don't use the fucking word at all unless you know the present fucking company or you want to take responsibility for what that word means like every other word.
    Most people will agree it is fine to use it in the production of art like in music or literature.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

10+ Year Old Account
    You just sound as a far to serious type of person that I could ever get along with, but that's fine, not everyone is the same.
    Well I am not on the market or looking, just keeping this conversational back and forth. I mean shit some people like to pay hookers in Vegas $500 an hour to kick them in the nuts, I am nobody to judge either, but that isn't exactly my idea of a good time.

And yes we take our job (my job) very seriously and we do it well, it does not mean that we can't have fun, and yes I call many of the people I work with friends, since we hang out after work and we go do what friends do, they may have started out as coworkers but many of them are what I call friends now and have been for many years.
    And no we don't call each other "niggers" or "faggots" often, it's rare, but none of us take is seriously and we don't mean it in the way the words where originally meant for.
    Ok well they are your friends, I am not overly qualified by any kind of experience with any of you to know, I just know if MY friends said that or I said it to them they would think either A. I lost my fucking mind, or B. Something really off must have happened, more than likely A because I don't speak to people I like, like shit.

As I said Friendship means a lot to me and although rare it's worth actually keeping, I mean there is plenty of other times in life enough to feel like shit, I wouldn't elect to do any of that.

I actually want to enjoy what i do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    Most people will agree it is fine to use it in the production of art like in music or literature.
    Well you mean like a NightClub, yeah I would agree but most of that art or literature have forwards, reviews, you have a heads up as to whether or not you go in. Nobody to my knowledge has been knocked out dragged into somewhere like a comedy club and then insulted.

By the same token one thing in Pewdiepies defence, he didn't ask me to come to his fucking stream, I am not invited, He isn't asking me to go, and I don't think he is blackmailing people to subject themselves to this shit.

He might be annoying, but someone has to have the feeling this shit is worth more than it is. just like I came in here to comment, I really don't care if I ever hear or see another thing about the dude.

I don't care, it's his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Saying the word itself is disparaging another race so it is racist.
    saying the n word instead of the actuall word is the exact same thing as saying the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the long history and the violence behind that word say you are wrong.
    so can we never ever say words that were part of hatred and violence at some point in the past ever again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    he can end racism if he makes these words mainstream
    He is going to get a lot of stupid people who he already has under the delusion intentional or not what he does is how to behave by this thread being evidence. So it's free speech say whatever the fuck you want, but if you shout this shit at the wrong person I don't give the fuck what you say.

If go over to some guy and his wife and I am like hey can I motorboat, guess what I don't approve of violence, but I would certainly expect at some point he might punch me in the face or her.

It's not being uptight or uncool, it's called having some fucking tact and acting like a goddamn adult. Kids sort of get a pass, everybody has the right to be young and stupid, but as you grow shit you say to people whether they punch you in the fucking face or not has consequences.

You can hurt some really decent people you may like (NOT BEING ME)

You could be overheard by someone who maybe you actually respected or could have been willing to be at least your ally in life.

To meeting some fucking psychopath, no matter how tough you are, has a lot less to lose than you and is willing to go to extremes.

So we are talking about the word nigger, but it could be coon, fag, cracker, mayonnaise, whatever.

It doesn't matter this stupid shit can bit you in the ass, and more importantly you could offend people and make them feel like shit, which is a pretty shitty thing to do for no good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    so can we never ever say words that were part of hatred and violence at some point in the past ever again?
    You can say whatever the hell you want to say, I am not able to control you or anyone else, I am not giving advice either, I shared how the fuck I felt and that is enough that is my opinion like you have yours.

But to answer your question OF COURSE there are places and times where it's better, if someone comes into a comedy club fuck em, someone goes into a gaming channel same thing.

Although if I was a producer or invested money in a produced shit that had anything to do with this asshat, yeah I would really have to examine that arrangement. I don't care about his color, NO I am not singularly impressed by anybody using specific language to be racist, sexist or homophobic.

However if I am at a comedy club or watching HBO, or in the privacy with friends, yeah adult things uncensored shit is going to happen.

Deleted
    I think he would feel much better not living under denial, he is a hardcore Nazi/racist and if he can embrace that, his soul will be much better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, an internet troll doing internet trolly things, and then a thread full of people who think the US's history is only 40 years old and have forgotten EVERYTHING that happened before that.

"Nigger" in the US is universally understood to be a negative slur. This isn't something you just up and decide to change one day, like many have decided that the confederate flag stands for FREEDUMS when our own history books tell us why the south fought the war.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Pwediepie is stupid, who coulda known

It's getting watered down a bit like so many other bad words from the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I don't get what's the difference when (for example) GTA 5 uses all the time "n-word" and some streamer or "content creator" on you tube saying it in pretty much same context?
    Yeah but they say it in comedy shows, and on rap albums, hell I even seen Arnold take out a entire army of mercenaries and save us from a jacked up Lizard Predator.

Now when we return back to earth where real life people have to do real life thing, where might you see or hear these kinds of words and they are par for the course and where would you think that could be an issue?

What is George Carlin did his standup at a church, just cracked a lot of jokes during service, maybe offered to come to the pulpit, why is it ok for a guy to ask his wife for favors but i can't.

I am really wondering just how far the well this thing goes where people ask these kinds of questions.

How about this, Pewdiepie said this shit on his stream which is viewed by the public someone from there knew about it bubbled or shared the information along with footage.

Now it is here someone brought it here, maybe people see it, in forums maybe someone who works for a company running ads for where this happened, maybe someones kid lets their parent know.

Eventually maybe someone says hey this is a problem. Do you see how that works.

Now maybe he said this on purpose maybe he didn't but the reason it is an issue is because it's open to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Calling someone a nigger isn't racist.
    Even if that was not the intent, it makes you sound like a sheep or a redneck idiot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    It's getting watered down a bit like so many other bad words from the past.
    And when used towards a person that's not black it's not racism. Same as using the word "gay" to your straigt male friend or "retard" to a non-retarded person that just did a bad thing. It's a regular insult and nothing more.

Oh wow, were last weeks viewer numbers low for Youtubers? Guess this is a way to generate more views.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Man why do people so desperately want to be able to toss out the n word.