Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    it's funny how people think poland deserves reparations but when african american ask for reparations from the US government the usual rhetoric is that the past is in the past

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Are you also proud that pretty much half of their population are currently immigrants through aggressive migration accross Europe for work?
    Yes, because the immigrants are hard working people who work, and legitimately are making their lives and new home better.

Trucks and Buses of Peace need not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Yeah I mean since countries joined the EU, our wealth, our prosperity have only increased at triple the rate of any country in the world. The EU is the reason why a lot of countries didn't collapse after the financial crisis, countries like Hungary, Ireland, Cyprus, Greece, Latvia, Portugal, Romania, Spain were all bailed out (544.5 billion EUR) and received additional budget to prevent further collapse. The EU also protects the citizens better than their own governments.

A lot of these poorer countries, including Poland, have benefited more from the EU than we did from them.
    Yeah, I'd rather not have to bail out other countries with my tax money. With the reward that my country gets told they have no choice but to take in filthy hordes of people who don't have any interest in fitting in and adopting the culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Introduce tariffs on German cars?
    Unless its a 50000% tariff, I dont see them recouping 13 billion Euros/year. Not to mention that threat wont exactly put any fear into Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Stupid German bashing strikes again - reported for making up a false headline.

Germany is not fining anyone the EU is.
    Germany is the ones who pushed the EU to fine them...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    it's funny how people think poland deserves reparations but when african american ask for reparations from the US government the usual rhetoric is that the past is in the past
    tell that to affirmative action that still happens today... Until a 4.0 white student doesn't lose his spot to a 3.4gpa minority I will continue to believe that minorities are still getting reparations to this day. Remember the 4.2 GPA prep student who did an article on how she was declined to all but 1 ivy league school (Penn I believe) then reapplied with same everything and check marked african american and was accepted to Every Ivy league school....
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-09-10 at 11:45 PM.

Seriously people who think it's fair to punish Poland over illegal immigrants are fuckin retarded. Next country that wants to join EU should sign a clause about potentially having to take thousands of immigrants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    It's abject nonsense to believe it will dissolve at this point tbh. Despite populist sensationalism the EU is only growing stronger, and due to Brexit (and Trump) the overall support for it (and support for an EU military) has grown considerably over the past few years. If the UK leaves it will be able to do a lot of things the UK used to single handedly veto in times past. A lot of things which will empower the authority of the EU.
    there is absolutely no evidence to support any of your claims. infact all evidence and history suggests pretty muc the exact opposite of what you said. i do not know where this conversation can go seeing you have such a deluded opinion of the state of the EU, you are unlkely to change your view even in the face of facts.

which is a shame but not uncommon on this forum.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Almaric View Post
    Do you even read what you write? You have no clue about my country but you judge it? Where do you live that you were INVADED by criminals from Poland? First you talk about former Eastern Block but a second later only country you talk about is Poland. This is racism pure and simple.
    Do you?
    Oh I know enough to not trust it. Poland blatantly breaks a treaty and obligation they've signed up to, and now they get punished. It further shows that Poland wants all the benefits and none of the commitment or responsability. Is stating that racist? No.

I live in Sweden. I can only speak of what I've experienced, and this is what I've experienced. Anecdotal of course.
    Yes, because it's a common theme with former Soviet countries. Yours was one of them.
    I could turn it around on you and ask you what do YOU know of the influx of criminals and theives? You don't live in my country, so you can't have experienced it.

How is it racist? I clarified to you that I didn't mean your entire country are criminals and thieves. Is it racist to say that North Korea is a militant, genocidal dictator ship too or what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

Another fun disctinction to make is what you actually said was that Poland exports criminals. You know, a conscious action on Poland's part. Narrative taken straight out of Trump's textbook.
    Obviously I wasn't serious but said it in snarky hyperbole. Do you really need it pointed out to you that I don't sincerely think that Poland sits there deliberately exporting criminals?
    Yes now that you point it out, I see why you'd make the comparison. But why? If I were serious, would sounding like Trump invalidate me? It seems like the start of an attempt to attack my person rather than my argument with something like "Well you sound like Trump".
    Last edited by Noomz; 2017-09-11 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    We'll see if it comes to pass. Poland being separate from the Eurozone gives them a great deal more freedom to thumb their nose at brussles than say, Greece. Furthermore, the US is increasingly seeing Poland as an ally of strategic importance. We can disincentivise the EU taking any overly rash actions.
    US' viewing Poland as an ally of strategic importance consists of selling them overpriced junk, dragging Polish soldiers to their shitty, illegal wars and pretending the topic of visa-free travel Poland brings up ever since the fall of communism (pretty much the most consistent aspect of Polish foreign policy, regardless of who holds the power) doesn't actually exist. That aside, the rest of EU has more political weight and as such is more strategically important in terms of alliances, than just Poland. US sticking its nose into EU's internal matters and picking Poland over EU would be a weird hill for US to die on in regards to its relations with EU.

There's a clearly outlined legal basis for one, while it doesn't exist for the other. Tonight on Words 101, the word "difference".

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Unless its a 50000% tariff, I dont see them recouping 13 billion Euros/year. Not to mention that threat wont exactly put any fear into Germany.
    It'd be also a breach of treaties and it'd simply result in another fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Based Poland does not allow Cucks to run the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Obviously I wasn't serious but said it in snarky hyperbole. Do you really need it pointed out to you that I don't sincerely think that Poland sits there deliberately exporting criminals?
    Yes now that you point it out, I see why you'd make the comparison. But why? If I were serious, would sounding like Trump invalidate me? It seems like the start of an attempt to attack my person rather than my argument with something like "Well you sound like Trump".
    I don't need you to explain me anything. And your explanation doesn't make your post not nation bashing. Trump didn't mean it literally either, if I recall his squirming correctly. And no, comparing you to Trump is not meant to invalidate you. It's meant to outline that contrary to your xomplaining about unfair moderation (again, brilliant choice of a post to do so), it was nation bashing, because Trump is a racist and that statement was prejudiced when he used it against Mexicans. Besides, even ignoring the above, I'm not sure how it could have looked like the start of an attempt to attack your person rather than your argument, when it followed an attack of your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

they get to live in USA, that is their reparations. done paid in full.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Do you?
    Oh I know enough to not trust it. Poland blatantly breaks a treaty and obligation they've signed up to, and now they get punished. It further shows that Poland wants all the benefits and none of the commitment or responsability. Is stating that racist? No.
    Poland DOES take refugees. From Ukraine. They dont count just because germany said so? Do you see eastern european countries, that do take those refugees demanding western europeans to take their share? Heck, the quotas werent even unanimously agreed upon, when that happened, they circumvented it and pretended unanimous vote wasnt required... regardless of the fact quotas will never work anyway, noone wants into eastern eu, when they get far better benefits in western eu and when they go there, they just sign papers and move back to germany or france or wherever they want to go, literally every single migrant our country took did just that. Everyone and their mother knows the quotas cant work, at this point its only a political game, germany cant really back down, because it would them, the self proclaimed EU leaders, show, how retarded merkel policy was in the first place, inviting millions of migrants into europe with literally zero infrastructure to handle them and trying to shove them to everyone else, when they coundt handle them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Those facts are that difference... And they don't meet the definition of a refugee. The stark majority of Ukrainians doing their usual business of working in a country that pays more are as relevant to the topic of refugees as the two million Poles in Germany. So even if we counted each and every Ukrainian for some godforsaken reason, it's not exactly a strong argument to not take 5000 refugees, because Germany has twice as many Polish people to use as a counter-argument. And it's not about a moral obligation. That evidently doesn't work on on PiS given their mental gymnastics about Ukrainians (at the time they started this nonsense there were only two Ukrainian refugees in Poland, both from before the conflict with Russia). It's about legal obligations. Poland under PO government already accepted the relocation quota. That agreement had no opt out clause. And an election doesn't magically unmake previously established legal obligations.
    Ok, but there are two differences between Poles and Ukrainians - 1) there is a war on Ukraine 2) Ukrainians are from outside of EU. I just want to know why a person from Ukraine, who is genuinely fleeing the war should not count, and some people from North Africa should? Just because the Ukrainians don't ask for the refugee status?

Legal obligation is another matter. But legal agreements can be renegotiated, especially ones so controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    That's about what polish ppl have stolen cars, bikes and whatever for since you got in the EU
    That was my first thought as well .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I still don't understand the EU. Our politicians are already shitty enough and they are the ones we voted for... I can't imagine another country's shitty politicians dictating how our country should be run on top of it.
    So.. you live in boston, do you honestly think descisions are only made with Massachusetts' interests in mind? The EU is pretty much the same thing as the US, the goal is a united states of europe, because being a little ass wanker country will get you nowhere in the future. The nationalists just haven't realized that yet.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-09-11 at 05:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    It is true, though. Poland did take in over a million refugees from Ukraine. Oh, the grand majority wasn't running away from war? Well, let's have a look at what, 3 millions of "refugees" from Africa and the Middle East, that often come from countries that aren't even neighbours to a country involved in war. Meanwhile Ukraine is involved in a war. Just because it's happening 500 kilos east from where the majority of the refugees comes from, doesn't mean it didn't affect them in various ways - failing economy being the most apparent one.

There are more differences between the refugees (or economic migrants, call them as you may, though you should be calling those in the West welfare migrants) Poland accepted and the ones Western Europe is struggling with. Ukrainians came here to work, and they work, they speak the language, they often integrate into the society and set up their lives here. Not only they benefit the society, we've also never had a Ukrainian chop a soldier's head off with a machete, never had a Ukrainian gang rape women, run people down with a car, blow themselves up in a metro...

Of course they aren't really a good material for the news, especially if you're western or western-funded media with an agenda of discrediting Poland.
    Ah so you're not uninformed you're just lying, got it.

Ukrainians leaving their country and getting 6 month work permits in poland = refugees of war.
    People fleeing war zones = welfare migrants

Not worth my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    Unless the EU changes, the UK wont be the last leaving.
    The obsession with becoming one big Generic state will be its downfall.
    I saw 1st hand the impact Blairs Mistake made here in the UK.

overnight dentists. doctors hospitals became jammed with people needing help.
    impossible to find a rented house. Schools loaded with extra children
    basically all local services pushed to the point of breaking, All this was ignored
    but Labour and the tories for years, Then Cameron the idiot thought none of that would matter
    so he agreed on a vote.

The biggest Mistake anyone in the EU will make is thinking people who voted leave
    did so over Xenophobia etc.. the local practical reasons are what motivates people
    and the same will happen in this Case. The EU is such a huge beast it doesn't realise the small issues
    will be its downfall
    First of, topkek coming from a country that is a union itself bitching about a larger union, second of, wow you guys are exceptionally bad at adapting your infrastucture to a growing populace.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    First of, topkek coming from a country that is a union itself bitching about a larger union, second of, wow you guys are exceptionally bad at adapting your infrastucture to a growing populace.
    Why improve and invest? When wealthy business leaders and politicians can use the scapegoat to line their own pockets and screw over the own population?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Poland DOES take refugees. From Ukraine. They dont count just because germany said so? Do you see eastern european countries, that do take those refugees demanding western europeans to take their share? Heck, the quotas werent even unanimously agreed upon, when that happened, they circumvented it and pretended unanimous vote wasnt required... regardless of the fact quotas will never work anyway, noone wants into eastern eu, when they get far better benefits in western eu and when they go there, they just sign papers and move back to germany or france or wherever they want to go, literally every single migrant our country took did just that. Everyone and their mother knows the quotas cant work, at this point its only a political game, germany cant really back down, because it would them, the self proclaimed EU leaders, show, how retarded merkel policy was in the first place, inviting millions of migrants into europe with literally zero infrastructure to handle them and trying to shove them to everyone else, when they coundt handle them.
    The current state of Ukraine and for example Syria are hardly the same....not sure what you are arguing tbh.

If Poland wants to take people in from Ukraine that's on them because Ukraine isn't in full civil war right now, we can go right now to Ukraine and not be in any danger of being blown up by the Russians, Syrian government, iraqi government, ISIS or US government. This can't be said the same about Syria or Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Which agencies reported that there are millions of migrants unwilling to work or educate themselves? I haven't seen such data, so I'd like to.
    I can't find the report ATM, but I do recall reading one. It was from some agency that had like 20k job openings available for migrants, and only a few dozens were filled after months since posting. I think it was linked to one of the German motor companies.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu...-idUSKBN13A22F Here's a readily available article.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Ah so you're not uninformed you're just lying, got it.

Ukrainians leaving their country and getting 6 month work permits in poland = refugees of war.
    People fleeing war zones = welfare migrants

Not worth my time.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ationality.png

I wasn't aware there are wars in Eritrea, Nigeria, Somalia (arguably), Gambia, Senegal, Mali, Pakistan or the list of other countries the migrants come from. These countries are much farther from war than Ukraine is.

Are Syrians, Iraqis and Libyans refugees of war? Most certainly. And they should be allowed access, at least until things settle down in their countries. Should A SINGLE economical migrant from the shitholes they crawled out from be allowed access under the disguise of a refugee? Absolutely not. If they can pass the standard procedures of immigration into EU countries, sure, you're welcome, but the ones illegally tresspassing into EU borders should be dealt with as every other tresspasser.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    The current state of Ukraine and for example Syria are hardly the same....not sure what you are arguing tbh.

If Poland wants to take people in from Ukraine that's on them because Ukraine isn't in full civil war right now, we can go right now to Ukraine and not be in any danger of being blown up by the Russians, Syrian government, iraqi government, ISIS or US government. This can't be said the same about Syria or Iraq.
    Unless you've gone into the warzone, there was no danger of getting blown up by Russians or Ukrainians even when the war was at its peak. That doesn't mean it didn't affect the whole country. Economy is a thing, and ukrainian economy has gone down the drain because of the war, and it was in a terrible state in the first place. So Ukrainians are refugees of war in the sense that they are running from a country whos economy was ruined by war, not that they are running from bombs. One could argue that this year's Syrian refugees aren't really running from war, either, since the war is pretty much over. ISIS is getting mopped up on all fronts and the war doesn't really affect the grand majority of the population anymore, in the sense that they are in danger of dying. The economic damage was obviously much worse in Syria than in Ukraine.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2017-09-11 at 07:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.