Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    United Europa will never happen, just take a look at the EU. The west wants to be too PC, and blames the victim of violence.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Only need the North-Western countries in Europe to unite.

South- and Eastern Europe are mostly just a drain on the stronger economies.
    Nice generalization but I'm pretty sure Italy is the 4th contributor to the EU budget, without having a single oil company single-handedly driving the whole nation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Nice generalization but I'm pretty sure Italy is the 4th contributor to the EU budget, without having a single oil company single-handedly driving the whole nation
    Waves

Deleted
    You simply can't really unite all those countires with more than 2000 years of history behind them. The people and cultures are just too different.

Even in the US it was pretty hard to get all the states under one banner, needing a civil war when the differences became too present.
    And that country looks like it wont even last under one banner forever.

Deleted
    You simply can't really unite all those countires with more than 2000 years of history behind them. The people and cultures are just too different.
    Except some of those countries became united countries in the 19th century, with people and cultures that were too different.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Waves
    Eni has 1/3 of the revenue in a country 3.5 times larger. Not even remotely comparable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    no thank you
    You don't have a say in the matter, thank you.

Deleted
    This is the worst idea in history.

Personally, I don't want any union with West Europeeans. They are horrible people, end of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    So you're quoting one part of the post and parade as if you're right? What a joke. Your supposed solidarity gets them killed. You don't offer them means to travel safely, you want them to risk their lives to get to your countries to apply for asylum.

Have you even understood what your policies means in practice? Solidarity my ass. You likely bought into politicians posturing about it but they have no intentions of fixing it.
    You're not correcting shit. Your policies leads to thousands of deaths every year. That's not solidarity. That's malicious. Don't pretend that it's solidarity to give people hope of a better life so they risk their lives on the journey because you won't give them the means to travel safely.

Very very true. They see Merkel's "refugees welcome" mating calls in media and risk their lives by paying sleazy opportunists for a dangerous travel through sea.
    NOT to mention all the human trafficking that has exploded since 2015 in the EU.

This ignorant virtue signalling by those morons costs and ruins thousands of lives.

Really? From what I can find you gave refugee status to almost 37% of all applicants in 2016 in the first instance and a further 9.7% of those that appealed.

It shouldn't take long to do though.

Don't roll your eyes, kiddo. And wow, refugee status for 30% of applicants. That's totally how it works. See, there's no quota for the Geneva convention. You don't get to say "But we only want to save 5% of those who are in mortal danger from war..." That's not how it works. It's not an "application" process where someone is granted something. It's a screening process. And if they are found to come from a warzone, they already are refugees and nobody can deny them that. It's not an asylum process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    You might be translating from German and something mighta gone wrong there, but it is as I said, check article 288 TFEU:

"A regulation shall have general application. It shall be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States.

A directive shall be binding, as to the result to be achieved, upon each Member State to which it is addressed, but shall leave to the national authorities the choice of form and methods."

Otherwise carry on!
    Ah, I see. Ok, I can live with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Very very true. They see Merkel's "refugees welcome" mating calls in media and risk their lives by paying sleazy opportunists for a dangerous travel through sea.
    NOT to mention all the human trafficking that has exploded since 2015 in the EU.

This ignorant virtue signalling by those morons costs and ruins thousands of lives.
    Merkel never did "refugees welcome" mating calls. It's people like you that blew this up to those proportions. Thanks a lot, internet. But having said that, human trafficking was going on long before Merkel made any decision. See, it's part of the reason why she made that decision in the first place. But you knew that, right? Right?

Ok, guess not.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Don't roll your eyes, kiddo. And wow, refugee status for 30% of applicants. That's totally how it works. See, there's no quota for the Geneva convention. You don't get to say "But we only want to save 5% of those who are in mortal danger from war..." That's not how it works. It's not an "application" process where someone is granted something. It's a screening process. And if they are found to come from a warzone, they already are refugees and nobody can deny them that. It's not an asylum process.
    What makes germany so different that you can't deny them while SK can without repercussions? You can just say that you won't take more. There is no way to actually enforce it. Have you handed over your sovereignty to the international community?
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-09-11 at 07:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    The EU already is the largest market in the world.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Nah, the Euro and the budget constrictions will be the eventual downfall of the EU

Even in the US it was pretty hard to get all the states under one banner, needing a civil war when the differences became too present.
    And that country looks like it wont even last under one banner forever.
    Are we really that different though? In which country in the EU would you say do the people not value freedom of speech, religion or democracy? Which country in the EU did you travel to that you found the people so vastly different from yourself that you couldn't identify or connect with them at all? Yea we speak different languages but our needs are the same, our hopes are the same. Even many of the anti EU parties that exist in every country are ironically similar, focused on immigration and islam. Wilders, Farage, Le Pen, all supportive of each other and using the same narratives.

You say it takes a civil war? I'll raise you two world wars and a history of slaughter you won't believe.
    Last edited by Warning; 2017-09-11 at 07:38 AM.

What makes germany so different that you can't deny them while SK can without repercussions? You can just say that you won't take more. There is no way to actually enforce it. Have you handed over your sovereignty to the international community?
    Could you at least attempt to understand what's actually going on and what the legal basis for all of this is? I mean, I can discuss it with you, but I'd like to not waste my time talking to a child that has no clue whatsoever about international obligations and treaties and keeps yelling at me "But why can't you! Just do it! It's easy!"

I have explained the reasonings a few pages back already and I keep having to repeat simple shit for you. Refugees washed up on the islands of Greece. The same Greece that is broke and kept alive by what is largely Germany. Greece complained bitterly that they had no money to a) secure the borders, b) send people back, c) feed people that are on their islands, d) enforce Greek law and order on those islands. There were mad riots going on at the time. Ignorant as you are, I'm sure you have no clue whatsoever I'm talking about...

Aaaanyway, Germany told Greece they could send up refugees to Germany, to take some of the pressure off Greece. That's the bit of the EU that screams solidarity. I know, YOU personally are not capable of solidarity and teamwork, but the rest of the world kinda digs team players. Now, internet shitheads and the media spun this into a "Merkel loves refugees to rape Germany" shitstory and someone told people in Syria this, so basically that's how the myth started and how the wave got massively bigger. Thanks internet fuckheads, btw!

Anything else you'd like to know? I really hate to do this, but you do need a class in general education. You seem to be unable to follow and remember what they tell you in the News.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    ...do you think it would be the most important player in the global market? Or maybe Europe can overcome US and China as a military hegemon. How would the world look like if EU was a one country?

I look forward to hear your oppinions.
    United?

You do know, EU is in a terrible state, right? UK is leaving, as the first country, not the only country..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    @Slant why are you still bothering to reply to the same people who willfully shroud themselves in ignorance post after post, thread after thread?

I say let them have their circle jerk as their opinion does not reflect the majority or the reality of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    @Slant why are you still bothering to reply to the same people who willfully shroud themselves in ignorance post after post, thread after thread?

I say let them have their circle jerk as their opinion does not reflect the majority or the reality of the situation.
    Part of it is that the alternative would be not to post here at all. And part of it is curiosity. I'd like to see if I can make people like her understand basic things about the EU. So far, my thesis is.. if they don't already understand it, they won't be convinced on a forum. Guess this isn't news on the internet, but I contribute to the empirical affirmation of that thesis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    United?

You do know, EU is in a terrible state, right? UK is leaving, as the first country, not the only country..
    Actually, how favourably continental Europeans views the EU has actually gone up since Britain decided to vote for leaving. To say that others are certain to follow Britain isn't so accurate right now, at least for the moment.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    United?

Half of the Yes on Brexit are people in line for the cemetery. They don't give a fuck about long-term repercussions, they won't be affected if their economy will collapse in 20 years. UK is a child who let grandpa choose his field of study