Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    hahahaha i might actually start watching his content if he keeps this up. Controversy is always entertaining.

Deleted
    A word isn't racist. A person using a word can be. The intent of the person saying the word when they say the word defines and decides whether that person is racist. Does anyone here actually, truly think that was his intent?

Here's a thought experiment: We establish that person A is absolutely not racist. That's an established fact within this thought experiment. Person A does know, however, that if you want to hurt someone as much as possible for whatever reason, you say the most hurtful thing to them. So, for one reason or another, person A wants to insult person B. He's not insulting a race, a religion, a sexual orientation. He's insulting an individual. He wants to, needs to, insult that person as much as possible, and within this thought experiment, it's another established fact that that person absolutely deserves to be insulted as much as possible. Person A knows the highest insult towards that person happens to be a racial slur. Using it in this case isn't racism. Why? Because a word isn't racist.

Another one: You're not racist. You know you're not racist. Your loved one has a gun to their head, and will have their head blown off if you don't say a specific word. Saying that word to save your loved one does not make you racist. Why? Because a word isn't racist.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-09-11 at 10:57 AM.

Serious problems of serious people, once again. Laughable at best.

Let's dance!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    He uploads a video like every day does he not? He said it once in all of those videos, correct? Why are people acting like it's common tongue for him and he's some mega racist? I don't understand. I never say faggot but if someone pisses me off there's a chance it'll just come out. Am I an instant homophobe?
    Faggot has nothing to do with gays and everything to do with you being a faggot. Or whatever Louie said.

Why would faggot even be in your lexicon, if you don't use it? Use it enough that it is one of the quick response options when in a "heated gaming moment", means that yeah, you're a racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Of course, I just like to start up controversy. As such, redskin to us is the same as nigger to a black person. Yet white america still has a football franchise called the redskins. It is what it is. Everyone can be offended by something. I'm just enjoying my monday morning starbucks. For Ice Cube to say shit like "what's our word", sorry... I mean, I understand, but if I flip on the radio and Kanye on some "niggas something" then aight, nigga the word for the day.
    To be honest, I think a lot are turning too soft. I mean, nowadays, you can catch on if it is aggressive, passive or defensive use of a word.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Boohoo, he said a bad word without meaning it. Please jail him and ruin his career.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Serious problems of serious people, once again. Laughable at best.
    True, so much more to worry about or... not really. I mean, in 2017 the only "real issue" to me is... I dunno, honestly? I think the only real issues in 2017 have been in the past 2 weeks with Harvey and Irma. Nothing else hits a "give a shit" radar. At the same time, I have no idea what the fuck "upper silesia" is, but I figure that's no where near Texas or Florida, in which case Harvey and Irma don't mean a flying fuck to you, and therefore not a serious problem. Meaning, there are no legit serious problems in 2017. Conclusion: Who cares what some random white guy (I never heard of him until I saw some article on twitter yesterday) said a word that every other racist white person has said daily. Answer: Too many people

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Stereotypical black men beating up random innocent white men on the street? Who is the racist again!?

So it's absolutely fine to call people faggots then? Even if it's frowned upon in society?

That's my point. It's not. I'm gay myself and have no reason to use the word, but it just happens. Should I be called a homophobe? have my videos taken down, a lawsuit, get abused and have my social medias spammed because of a slip up? People are far too quick to hop on the bandwagon.
    Exactly! See, at least from where I've been in life, fag, faggot etc hasn't had the "that's always bad" implications, while nigger always has. It's... weird really. I mean, Louie CKs standup bit about the "f word" makes complete sense, but as far as I know, doesn't have one for the "n word". I mean, we use bitch and cunt very freely and females don't seem to have much issue with it. Language is weird.

And the Higher Learning bit was immediately after Maleek (Omar Epps) was assaulted by Remy (Michael Rappaport), and then the big white nazi (they are in the movie) yells "you are worse than a fucking nigger" right when they walk up - hence the smirk from Ice Cube. Good, tragic movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    To be honest, I think a lot are turning too soft. I mean, nowadays, you can catch on if it is aggressive, passive or defensive use of a word.
    I've said, I support my people that are upset about the redskins thing, but I don't really care. I get upset when there is very clear HATE coming from someone using the words, then i'll throw down. Hasn't really happened all that much up close and personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Almost every european language has a similar sounding word with the same derogative meaning:

From negro to neger.
    The word "neger" was not derogative though. Just what black people were called. I remember this old lady from my childhood who was super nice to everyone. Her son had even adopted a kid who was black, and then they had their own child also who was white. The boys were around the same age, and they had really similiar names like "Martin and Marcus" or something like that, so when you asked her "oh, what one of them was that again?" She would respond: "the neger (negeren)". I seriously doubt she ever had any racist thoughts or anything, that is just what she thought was the word for black people.

Reminds me of this other time where I was out shopping with my grandmother (who is 90), and she asked if we should get some "negerboller (pretty much translated to negro- or niggerballs)". I then remember my brother trying to explain to her why she can't say that, and she was honestly so damn confused why she could not call them the name they had always had.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Almost every european language has a similar sounding word with the same derogative meaning:

From negro to neger.
    Negro isn't derogative, it literally means black in Spanish and Portugese. It wouldn't even vaguely surprise me if nigger is a basterdisation of another word that specifically means black.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I've said, I support my people that are upset about the redskins thing, but I don't really care. I get upset when there is very clear HATE coming from someone using the words, then i'll throw down. Hasn't really happened all that much up close and personal.
    Oh, that I agree with. Just, when people act all hurt over a word that wasn't used for hurtful reasons, that is getting dull and maddening.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The company doesn't want to be associated with him and his actions. I don't see the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    The company doesn't want to be associated with him and his actions. I don't see the problem.
    Doing takedowns on old "let's play" content is dumb because of non-game issues. It's just run of the mill virtue signaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Pewdiepie is a racist, was there any doubt from the first time he got busted for this shit.
    Guess you didn't watch the stream because he apologized straight after saying it but that doesn't matter to you i guess.

When they start issuing DMCAs with no legal basis. The developer not liking a streamer is not enough.
    Last edited by Blade Wolf; 2017-09-11 at 11:43 AM.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

The problem is using false DMCA takedowns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    The problem is using false DMCA takedowns.
    Same tactic used time and time again by devs when they get bad reviews. I swear let's plays on youtube are such in a lackluster legal limbo...and youtube doesn't even want to regulate it and set rules.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Same tactic used time and time again by devs when they get bad reviews. I swear let's plays on youtube are such in a lackluster legal limbo...and youtube doesn't even want to regulate it and set rules.
    Indeed it is. From what I understand, DMCA used on Youtube isn't even DMCA so there are no repercussions for falsely using it, which is dumb. Maybe the lawsuit H3H3 won will change something in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Are you really that stupid that you think that if someone says "nigger" to a friend in banter that he hates black people? Have I said "nigger" to a friend over Discord or such when playing with them? yes, does it mean I hate black people or think less of them? no.
    Have I said "you gay fuck" or "faggot" to a friend over Discord? yes, does it mean I hate gay people or think less of them? no.
    I personally don't hate anyone because of their race or sexuality, the people I hate, I hate because of who they are as a person and how they behave toward others.
    These are words that hold no power unless people like you give them that power to be offended, why is it fine for a black man to call another black man "nigger" but it's not fine for 2 white friends to call each other "nigger" or "gay/faggot" in a joking way?
    You're completely missing the difference between black people saying nigga (which by the way in multi cultural areas almost everyone including whites asians and latinos say nigga in that particular way depending on their culture) and nigger... but you're from fucking Iceland? So how much do I expect you to know about nuances in my culture really? Not much, so you're just ignorantly using words and assuming that black people are saying it just the same...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    So who did he offend by saying it?

Oh right... nobody...

Moving on...

Maybe he offended his black fans who didn't appreciate a slur against black people being used to call someone an asshole?

Deleted
    I can almost here all the *ching ching* being generated of faux outrage

Straight white men:

What's wrong with me calling people faggot and nigger it's just words!

Someone explain to me why white straight male gamers are obsessed with using slurs that have nothing to do with them, and are slurs created by these same white straight men meant to be used against others?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I can almost here all the *ching ching* being generated of faux outrage
    You know there was upset by Asians over satire that was disparaging to Asians... what happened here is clearly worse and it wasn't satire... he was mad and said nigger..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You know there was upset by Asians over satire that was disparaging to Asians... what happened here is clearly worse and it wasn't satire... he was mad and said nigger..
    That doesn't stop it from being highly profitable.