Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    September 2018 ? LOL, it's not even keeping me till the end of September 2017
    exactly. 7.3 offered like 2 hours of content so far. how people can play that for the next year is beyond me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As it is, I don't see it last a year without a massive backlash. (Then again...we always get that for anything)

I am one of the guys who thinks patch cycles are just a liiiitttle too fast....Instead of 77 days (a number that I read here), I wouldn't have had a problem with 90 or 100 days...but then again, I am also an altoholic who tries to keep his 2-4 favorite characters as best equipped as possible while also doing all 12 class campaigns...and I am still at number 10. (on a work / family schedule)

Soooo....if we have 6-8 months on the last patch, I probably won't complain much....not least there is the odd mage tower skin that I want on alts etc
    I am in the same boat. Fortunately, I have already done all class campaigns and got all mounts and other perks, so I am done with that. But I still miss the Paragon mount from High Mountain, and have not really started with Mage Tower Challenges (only did fire mage on my main so far, and now it takes forever to see the mage tower be up, just as I have predicted; so much for their "we will adjust" statement). I also have the new Cutaclysm pets to collect and the new pet battle meta on Argus to occupy me, beside mount farming and gear for my alts etc. And I will not lift a finger for the balance of power quest as long as they don't include the quest item completion from raids in LFR. They can go die in a fire for that kind of decision.

Though, many of these things come from layers of RNG, not really from some kind of content. The game turned into a job, and half of my guild is inactive because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    15 months? Where do you get that? I really must know, did you get it from the guy that told you that they were going to announce the expansion at Gamescom?
    Dont feed Jaylock

@styil:

Im sure there will be a large pre expansion event with weekly unlocking quest chain. Ion hinted this on Gamescom.

eh, i look forward to the gap to play alts farm a few things i'm yet get. Hoping the nerf the heck out of mage towers for alts, or i can gear them up enough to get any skins i want. plenty to do for argus to last a year or more.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    People proceed here on the assumption that everyone should be subscribed 12 months a year and it's on Blizzard to keep them happy with that or they've failed. I'm not sure that Blizzard sees it that way. They understand their business. They understand people come and go. If they are any kind of business they budget around that and already have a good idea of what they can expect for revenue and engagement during the period between expansion announcement and launch. If they do anything at all that will be a bonus over what they've done in the past.

I question this assumption though that Blizzard fails if someone unsubscribes. They get that. That's why they make it easy to come and go and get you to commit to a whole month when you return. If people want to leave they should do so. If they have things to do from an expansion that so far has been pretty busy with things to do they should go back and clean up achievements, reputations or whatever. Blizzard has signaled they get this and are fine with it.
    I never used the word failed...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Is it really better though to delay the raids? I really don't like this approach of delaying content. Didn't like it in WoD with BRF either.
    It also has the effect of nerfing the previous raid. Rather clever, actually, getting this nerf without directly reducing the difficulty of the bosses themselves.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Welcome to a styil thread.

- - - Updated - - -

It could be another week of quests, it would still be over long before the new content arrives. One-time questing content is nice and all, but no matter the amount they give you, its not going to last for months. The entire argument is rather lacking.
    most of the arguements here are rather lacking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    why not ? its only 15 euro a month so 4x2 days is 8 days which makes it like less then 2 euro per day - thats very low cost of entertainment.

besides those who plan how to enjoy expansio nisntead devouring it will have tons of stuff to do during that time. i know i have

1)12 class mounts to gather
    2)36 mage tower skins to collect
    3)12 balance of power to finish
    4)11 level 15 mythic + to push

(not even counting all pvp skins because i will definetly lack time to get more then the base one)

all this things will take me hundreds of hours to get it done

i know a lot of people pushed hard and are done with it but really how many thousands of hours of entertainment should 1 game provide in order for people to be happy .
    I have 12 alts and I have already got #1 and halfway through #3 I don't Mythic and very few of the #2 appearances I want. Obviously some people are willing to burn £ but I suspect most aren't. Fortunately I have RP but if I am not logging on more than twice a week I unsub because I am wasting money

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right. I just find it sad. Legion for me started as a 8, became a 9/10 with 7.1, dropped down to a 6/7 with 7.2 and is now a 5 for me with 7.3. If we're stuck with Argus for 12 months it will be a 3/4. Turning a very good expansion into a very bad one. That's just sad. I read many many opinions like mine about the rollercoaster ride of Legion becoming worse with every patch since the great 7.1.
    I can understand that.
    Personally, there is far too much RNG and grind in the game to really care about. I sub a month or two when a patch hits, because I am interested in the little stories they present, as far as the "open ended" gameplay goes: no longer entertaining to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    We had many expansions and ALL of them had the same issue. An expansion takes time. Thats why many ecpect the expansion in nov 18.

Thats about the timeframe legion, WOD, MOP etc. needed.
    You do realise the size of the WoW team is bigger now than it ever has been, right? More workers on the line, quicker a product can get finished. This should be pretty evident considering how quickly and how much content we’ve got out of Legion thus far.

You're right. I just find it sad. Legion for me started as a 8, became a 9/10 with 7.1, dropped down to a 6/7 with 7.2 and is now a 5 for me with 7.3. If we're stuck with Argus for 12 months it will be a 3/4. Turning a very good expansion into a very bad one. That's just sad. I read many many opinions like mine about the rollercoaster ride of Legion becoming worse with every patch since the great 7.1.
    I thought I'd share what it feels like for a PVPer now:

Legion started as 5/10 because PVP was a complete disaster on multiple fronts in the beta and the huge issues were all known and carried over.

7.1 kept it at 5/10 because it added a reasonable amount of content (a plus) but didn't do shit for PVP (a minus, but a small one, because it is still early and we understand that things take time).

7.2 dropped to 3/10 because it was a crap patch and changes for PVP were completely inept, some were going in the right direction, but only secondary ones, all primary issues were not even acknowledged.

Holinka resigned, a small celebration, but nobody actually has any hopes, it was shit for too long already.

7.3 and Argus drop to 1/10 because there's nothing and PVP - you guessed it - continues to be shit and nothing at all is done about it. Brawls are welcome, but they are so tiny, so uninteresting and so inconsequential that it seems silly to even be talking about them, I am only including them in order to avoid "hey, they added brawls, you should be happy" comments from the non-PVPers.

And the coming year of nothing is dropping it to 0/10. As in, if we knew that the next expansion will not arrive or will be the same as Legion, time to unsub and throw the game into the trash can finally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    You do realise the size of the WoW team is bigger now than it ever has been, right? More workers on the line, quicker a product can get finished. This should be pretty evident considering how quickly and how much content we’ve got out of Legion thus far.
    Hahahahahahahaha.

The team is always bigger and mightier. They say it every time. Once they managed to turn this into an excuse for not doing much content. As in, "we hired so many people, it actually harmed the process because we had to spend a lot of time to train them".

The proof is in the pudding. The pudding is in the number of subs, if we want to be picky. Which they no longer publish, because they keep going down.

But according to Blizzard, everything is wonderful, obviously.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-09-11 at 01:35 PM.

Why are you making the assumptions that a) Expansion will release in September'18 and b) that we won't have any more content until then?

The team is always bigger and mightier. They say it every time. Once they managed to turn this into an excuse for not doing much content. As in, "we hired so many people, it actually harmed the process because we had to spend a lot of time to train them".
    I can never believe this whenever they say it. If the team was bigger than before, you would have less oversights in class and world design, less bugs to deal with, and better results in class tuning. None of this, release a patch and fix it 1-2 weeks later.

Honestly of all expansions, this one could be played for years. Thanks to how titanforging works alongside mythic plus, I could easily have enough motivation to play this for years. Imagine doing +50s and having a full set of ilvl cap bis? If there were ever an expansion to have on a private server, this would be it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha.

The proof is in the pudding. The pudding is in the number of subs, if we want to be picky. Which they no longer publish, because they keep going down.

But according to Blizzard, everything is wonderful, obviously.
    Apart from it evidently is. The proof is indeed in the pudding, and that isn't the amount of subscribers. The proof is in the content, how much of it we're getting and how often we're getting it. We've gotten a patch every 77 days this expansion, and the major patches we have gotten have contained at LEAST a raid with 7.2. and 7.3 also containing a dungeon too. Two of the major expansion have contained zones, equating to their content with 7.3 containing 3 zones. The fact they've put that amount of content into a patch in the timeframe that they have CLEARLY shows the WoW team is at a forceable size. I highly doubt we'll have to wait a year for the next expansion, but I guess we'll see how far along it is at Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why are you making the assumptions that a) Expansion will release in September'18 and b) that we won't have any more content until then?
    Dunno, maybe he's not exactly MMOC-fanboi-level autistic and remembersThe Year of ICC, 14 months of SoO and Forever HFC? People not on the spectrum tend to draw conclusions from experience, maybe you could try that too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    That's quite a leap from "Blizz has mentioned longer..." to "so it is not unreasonable to assume" arriving at "so the real question is..."
    Blizz has been releasing new content like clockwork this past few months. There's no reason to assume that will stop. Either more content, maybe a mini-raid, will be added to Legion (more involved invasion points?), or the next expansion will come sooner. I see zero reason to think this current team will allow long content draught.
    Ion said in an interview with PCGames that 7.3 would be the last major patch of Legion with only a couple story-related mini-patches being potentially introduced along the way, so either they'll repeat the content drought from WoD but with a few quests here and there or release the next expansion earlier which is rather unlikely considering what their plans are.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be 4 - 5 months of no real content. Same as with WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Its a shame blizz doesnt have a convention or something like it to announce new stuff!
    the place they fill up with garbage like overwatch and heartstone you mean ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the place they fill up with garbage like overwatch and heartstone you mean ?
    Wait i need to get note.... "if i don't like something, it's automatically garbage".... ok thank you mister!