Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Dunno, maybe he's not exactly MMOC-fanboi-level autistic and remembersThe Year of ICC, 14 months of SoO and Forever HFC? People not on the spectrum tend to draw conclusions from experience, maybe you could try that too?
    You're quite silly for someone so offensive. Considering we've had major content patches every 5 months~ on Legion (some of them huge), with no gap on content -yet-, it's fair to assume that won't happen again and that they actually have the expansion properly laid out. But hey, that's ok. Thanks for the insult though, always brights my day.

Even if the date speculated by the OP is correct, I would still play it until then because there is so much to do and catch up with my alts. The pace of the content since the start of the expansion has been so frenetic that I can only keep up with one character and mostly one spec.

I for one welcome slowing down the pace so I can finally play my alts that have been neglected for almost a year.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Apart from it evidently is. The proof is indeed in the pudding, and that isn't the amount of subscribers. The proof is in the content, how much of it we're getting and how often we're getting it. We've gotten a patch every 77 days this expansion, and the major patches we have gotten have contained at LEAST a raid with 7.2. and 7.3 also containing a dungeon too. Two of the major expansion have contained zones, equating to their content with 7.3 containing 3 zones. The fact they've put that amount of content into a patch in the timeframe that they have CLEARLY shows the WoW team is at a forceable size. I highly doubt we'll have to wait a year for the next expansion, but I guess we'll see how far along it is at Blizzcon.
    I disagree completely that we are getting more content. We are getting much less original content (yes, not kidding, I did many comparisons), but it has more numeric iterations attached to it. Roughly, instead of getting the usual instances and raids plus big new subsystems like pet battles / Brawler's guild / whatnot, we are getting the usual instances and raids but with twenty difficulty modes and updates to some (but not all) of the existing systems with no new ones. When you are saying "more content" you mean that you have to play for more hours to grind every little thing. When I am saying "less content" I mean that there is much less variety and much less new. I also value grinds, just not as much as you do (and I think you will also value them less after a year or so, although I might be wrong). What I value is hard to do and what you value is easy to do for the devs, just in case, that's the entire reason we are getting less of what I value and more of what you value.

But anyway, since we both are right in a way, the pudding is really in the number of subs, because the number of subs shows what people *in general* value more, not just what you or me value more. And the subs... you get it, they stopped publishing. Because they keep going down. So I think I am slightly more right than you are here.

But hey, we'll see. They stopped publishing sub numbers but they cannot really hide many other related numbers. Let's see how many people will come to try the expansion after Legion, for example. The number of people who came to buy Legion is significantly LESS than that for WoD. I predict the number will go down significantly again for the next expansion. Proving my point.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-09-11 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Even if the date speculated by the OP is correct, I would still play it until then because there is so much to do and catch up with my alts. The pace of the content since the start of the expansion has been so frenetic that I can only keep up with one character and mostly one spec.

I for one welcome slowing down the pace so I can finally play my alts that have been neglected for almost a year.
    It's the same amount of content as always though. The only thing that keeps you from playing more characters is the time gates and slow grinds.

Timeless Isle + Tanaan >>> Argus

If Argus where actually enjoyable it wouldn't be a probelem. But I can't stand friggin invasions and demons any more.

I've given up on most grinds like appearances, class mounts, etc... but beeing an altoholic and PVP keeps me going.

With the weekly increase of AK there's realy no need to rush things. I'd like more quests and story on Argus minus all the pointless demons blocking the way....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Argus is most certainly the final zone this expansion. There may be a patch with a few extra quests like 6.2.3, but for all intents and purposes, the major non-raid content is over.

Blizzard has also mentioned that Legion is going to be one of their longer expansions, so it is not unreasonable to assume that this expansion will last at least 2 years, well into September 2018.

So the real question is, how will Argus content last for over a year until at least September 2018? The unpalatable zone and gating highly discourages completing the zone again with alts, which loses a lot of replayability value of the zone. Which means that players will most likely be done with the content in a matter of weeks. Yet there is most likely still over 12 months of Argus left.

What secret weapon could Blizzard possibly have in store for the next 12 months?
    HotS? Overwatch? D3 Necromancer? Starcraft HD? Hearthstone Lich King?

Plenty from Blizz and this is just the released stuph.

Yeah I'm not understanding it either - I've finished the opening quest chains (They take like 15 minutes tops). After that, what am I supposed to do? World quests? In a few months, they'll be meaningless for anybody who doesn't need gear/artifact power. Not to mention, they're monotonous and boring as a system. Farm rares? For gear I don't need even now?

It doesn't help that the zones are all terrible in terms of terrain/aesthetics (Even Mc'Aree is only ok). I don't see how Argus will be relevant in 2-3 months, and that's being generous.

I don't understand how anyone cannot see the quality of WoW content has been on the slide for years.

I'd imagine working for Hazzikostas is great fun, the guy is a compulsive liar who is great at putting spin on the bullshit they try to pull over player's eyes. I'd imagine he's the kind of weed who if anyone questions him: he goes full Cartman on their ass, probably got teased at school for being a nerd and gets a hard on every year at the Blizzcon cos-play competition.

Everything is gated or RNG, who thought RNG Legendaries were a good idea, honestly?

Whatever your stance on flying, the whole thing has been a PR shambles, if you don't want people to fly - just say that, instead it's all smoke and mirrors knowing the playerbase would go bat shit once the statement finally came. My sub ran out last month and I won't return - Argus just seems like another steaming pile, the bugs found by the Demon Hunter expose what this stuff is, under developed lazy ass game design.

You aren't getting content quicker, the next patch just appears on the PTR earlier in development so it looks like the content is rolling in faster. These guys take the playerbase for fucking idiots, and 95% of said group are.

Seriously leave this shit, there is a whole heap of better games far more worthy of your dollars, euros or pounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's kind of good for me because I have A LOT of catching up to do. I took a long break before Karazhan became a raid for Legion and just joined about a week ago now. I have yet to step foot on Argus because I'm busy trying to tie up all the loose ends I left behind. I want to get all that shit done before I go onto Argus that way I'll mainly just have Argus to focus on and not have a million other quests on my shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I disagree completely that we are getting more content. We are getting much less original content (yes, not kidding, I did many comparisons), but it has more numeric iterations attached to it. Roughly, instead of getting the usual instances and raids plus big new subsystems like pet battles / Brawler's guild / whatnot, we are getting the usual instances and raids but with twenty difficulty modes and updates to some (but not all) of the existing systems with no new ones. When you are saying "more content" you mean that you have to play for more hours to grind every little thing. When I am saying "less content" I mean that there is much less variety and much less new. I also value grinds, just not as much as you do (and I think you will also value them less after a year or so, although I might be wrong). What I value is hard to do and what you value is easy to do for the devs, just in case, that's the entire reason we are getting less of what I value and more of what you value.

But anyway, since we both are right in a way, the pudding is really in the number of subs, because the number of subs shows what people *in general* value more, not just what you or me value more. And the subs... you get it, they stopped publishing. Because they keep going down. So I think I am slightly more right than you are here.

But hey, we'll see. They stopped publishing sub numbers but they cannot really hide many other related numbers. Let's see how many people will come to try the expansion after Legion, for example. The number of people who came to buy Legion is significantly LESS than that for WoD. I predict the number will go down significantly again for the next expansion. Proving my point.
    Well, good for you.

Just take a break from game whenever you are bored, feels good when you come back after few months of break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Argus is most certainly the final zone this expansion. There may be a patch with a few extra quests like 6.2.3, but for all intents and purposes, the major non-raid content is over.

Blizzard has also mentioned that Legion is going to be one of their longer expansions, so it is not unreasonable to assume that this expansion will last at least 2 years, well into September 2018.

So the real question is, how will Argus content last for over a year until at least September 2018? The unpalatable zone and gating highly discourages completing the zone again with alts, which loses a lot of replayability value of the zone. Which means that players will most likely be done with the content in a matter of weeks. Yet there is most likely still over 12 months of Argus left.

What secret weapon could Blizzard possibly have in store for the next 12 months?
    2 weeks... 2 weeks and people cry doom and gloom... maybe each time there is a patch yall could just pace yourselves instead of taking off a week from work to POWER through it, you might find yourself enjoying it a little more.

The zone is fine, you powered through it on your main, you can power through it on an alt.

You'd think you could wait at least until Blizzcon to start this shit right?

Well.. they are going to have to make, atleast, worthwhile story patches explaining why your artifact weapons are going away before new expansion comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Well, good for you.
    It is, yes. If you ever want to discuss specifics, you might want to read more than the first sentence.

Deleted
    7.3 is such a crappy patch. I've already started retiring characters through boredom. I know there's more to come but it MUST be MUCH MUCH better than the crap we've been given so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Just take a break from game whenever you are bored, feels good when you come back after few months of break.
    Sadly that only works if you are not part of a static raid group. Otherwise, your raid spot is gone.

Feels nice to be back for a week, then the "why bother, next patch will reset everything" gets you again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    ion said we'll get some small story patches after antorus.

and if it need be, they are ready to create some fast filler patch.
    oh boy oh boy another quick 5 minutes scenario and a most likely another Timeless Island part 2....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Is it really better though to delay the raids? I really don't like this approach of delaying content. Didn't like it in WoD with BRF either.
    Psychologically, it feels like you're getting more. Look at all of the positive comments about how Legion is shipping more content, that they're doing a better job with the patches, etc. Same amount of content, same interval between raids for the most part, but more positive feelings about the content simply by doing this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    oh boy oh boy another quick 5 minutes scenario and a most likely another Timeless Island part 2....

oh boy oh boy, you'd rather have absolutely nothing for 12 months?

5 minutes or not, its better than nothing at all.

and timeless isle was fine.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    and if it need be, they are ready to create some fast filler patch.
    Hopefully not Ruby Sanctum 2. That place sucked.