Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Outrage over Southpark game: Race based difficulty

More info here: http://uproxx.com/gaming/south-part-...ficulty-level/

So needless to say the usual suspects scream racism and the rest of the people just think its hilarious.
    Whats your stance on this move? Is it a lighthearted joke about the struggle of coloured people or full blown racism?

Racism isn't about skin color.

South Park has always done a good job of showing a mirror to our society. Anybody that gets angry over this should also get angry over the fact it IS in fact harder for black people to succeed in America.

Technically the game isn't harder, you just make less money and people interact with you differently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Racism isn't about skin color.

Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post

Explain.
    How does that need explaining?

It's not racism. They are highlighting a very important point of what happens in society. These people should be lauding it, showing how it demonstrates how people of colour can struggle in society.
    RETH

7+ Year Old Account
    Southpark does Southpark things.

Are people surprised?

I find it funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outrage was I think the entire point.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Its funny af and has been around in games for years. Lots of times picking higher levels makes stuff darker. But as for the game thats even better though i dont think tolkin would take well to not being the only black boy in SP
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    It's not racism. They are highlighting a very important point of what happens in society. These people should be lauding it, showing how it demonstrates how people of colour can struggle in society.
    Ayup. /thread
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    South Park has always done a good job of showing a mirror to our society. Anybody that gets angry over this should also get angry over the fact it IS in fact harder for black people to succeed in America.
    But not apparently for Asian or Indian people. And all those immigrants doesn't make it any easier for blacks.

Deleted
    I don't even know, am I supposed to be outraged because it is racist to imply that race matters in the difficulty of life, or should I be outraged because racism isn't real at all yo!

Clever

I don't get it, why are people offended? Isn't what South Park is trying to portray in this case, what all the progressives agree to be true, hence all the checking of priviledge?

yeah if anything this is an anti racism statement, saying hey life is more difficult for people of color or w/e i figured the ppl outraged would be the alt right people who say " NOO MINORITIESS HAVE IT EAISER" not any progressives, progressives shouldnt be outraged unless they dont understand their own values.

Deleted
    lmao. South Park is top tier.

South Park just shows important things, what the society needs to work on.
    They do it with humour, as this is one of the most effective ways.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    So needless to say the usual suspects scream racism and the rest of the people just think its hilarious.
    Have you actually seen anyone actually 'screaming racism' about this? Not just some random comment on Youtube or tweet, but from someone with actual merit?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Have you actually seen anyone actually 'screaming racism' about this? Not just some random comment on Youtube or tweet, but from someone with actual merit?
    Nobody with "actual merit" screams about usual PC stuff, yet somehow companies and society bends backward to try and appease them.

Never understood why such a vocal extreme minority has such power.

I think a lot of people who are angry at it are angry that it's a joke about how black people have an inherently harder time in the USA because of their skin color. They're mad because they don't believe this is true.