Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shiava View Post
    +1

Class fantasy went to the shitter. Now we have only 5 spells per spec
    I think that's why I liked Wrath so much, it was before any of the pruning started, and all the classes had such a large spell/skill variety... The Class Fantasy was at it's peak (IMO) and the variety of spells and skills made the gameplay itself far more interesting(especially in PvP).
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-11 at 05:44 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone remember the time of weapon skills?

Those were cool.

(not really)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Anyone remember the time of weapon skills?

Those were cool.

(not really)
    Yes, not everything was great back then, but much of it was, and the removal of much of it was a detriment to the game.

I would rather have all the pruned abilities back, and also have to deal with weapon skill again, than have what we have now... Having all those spells and abilities again would be well worth the minor inconvenience of weaponskills... Variety makes gameplay fun, pruned, bare bones class design is not very fun.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-11 at 06:49 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

My list:

1. When the forums and community sites were not full of people blinded by their tears and the thick crust of salt forming over their eyeballs.
    2. That is all.

World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    My list:

1. When the forums and community sites were not full of people blinded by their tears and the thick crust of salt forming over their eyeballs.
    2. That is all.
    that community is the result of the changes they made to the game. All the serious people invested n the game left and all that was left was whiny casuals that want to feel like special snowflakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    [LIST][*]defias set
    Exists again though?
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10 Man raiding. CC needing to be used in dungeons.

No LFD and LFR.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    Exists again though?
    just used google... you're right!
    I didn't notice/know it's aviable again
    thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    WoD Ret was okay as is the current Ret ... though WoD was a bit more fun. Though Ret was better in the past.

Also, I have leveled my Lock yet since WoD ended ... do the other spec have no green fire outside of the class mounts? If so, that sucks.
    Neither spec does, demon bolt for demo has a swirling little fireball when you cast but even with green fire unlocked it's still orange.

WoD Ret may not have been the strongest version but it was the most fun I've ever had with the spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Neither spec does, demon bolt for demo has a swirling little fireball when you cast but even with green fire unlocked it's still orange.

WoD Ret may not have been the strongest version but it was the most fun I've ever had with the spec.
    WoD Ret was definitely fun, I wasn't a huge fan of the HoW spam during wings (because it resulted in an overall nerf to HoW's damage, I liked it more when HoW was a legit execute, and hit like one), but it was fun to play... I definitely consider WoD Ret stronger than Legion Ret though... Our mobility is complete dogshit right now and no amount of "muh damages" can make up for not being able to close with your target... If they just didn't take PoJ and Emancipate away from us, or gave us the same mobility talents as Prot (Knight Templar, Steed of Glory) we would be in a good spot right now, mechanically.

As far as I'm concerned Legion Ret is the weakest we have been since TBC, at least in PvP, we have worse mobility and utility now than we have ever had.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-11 at 08:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: The Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    No /10chars
    Yes /10chars

I do miss Mace-spec arms, with the BS-made epic mace. Mace-spec had a stun proc, the 2h mace had a stun proc. Get in Def stance too, and I've never collected more rogue tears.

Nothing is saltier than a rogue that just got stunlocked 100-0.

To many stuff to name, but some that come in mind:

- Hunters being able to control their pets
    - Shockadins
    - Warrior stance dancing
    - Class RPG in general
    - Exploring stuff like old Hyjal, Shatterspear Village, Ironforge Airport which weren't meant for players to acces
    - Raiding capital cities in 2 40-man raids (do people still do that these days?)
    - Dungeon sets
    - Questing being the main aspect of the game

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Also Recuperate was a garbage spell and I dunno what you're talking about. Gemming Stamina what the fuck you're so full of shit lol.
    Says the person who's never played a rogue.

This was a thing. For a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    siege breaker ... good old times

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Says the person who's never played a rogue.

This was a thing. For a while.
    Excuse me? I've literally played Rogue since Vanilla. It's been my main on two different accounts. I do not recall Stamina Stacking ever being a thing and Googling it comes up with no relevant information.

So. Unless you can actually provide some links to prove it, how about you make bad posts somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    I sure missing watching a whole 40 man ally raid coming to raid orgrimmar not realizing how freaking OP Saurfang is and wiping before they can even reach Thrall..
    City raids were a blast. On my original server, we had a solid horde presence, and they'd invade Stormwind and Ironforge constantly, just to do it - they'd gank Jaina on a regular basis too - the first time I ever saw Jaina was watching some horde take her out, and I remember asking in Guild chat who she was, and why was the Horde killing her? Anyway, people would actually show up to defend, and there would be pitched battles in the tram for hours. It kind of died off in TBC, but adding the achiev and bear brought it back in Wrath, and I went on many, many city invasions. It's like the devs looked at the players, said "Hey, that's kind of cool - let's throw a reward on it!" The current devs would never do that, they'd do something to stop the raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me? I've literally played Rogue since Vanilla. It's been my main on two different accounts. I do not recall Stamina Stacking ever being a thing and Googling it comes up with no relevant information.

So. Unless you can actually provide some links to prove it, how about you make bad posts somewhere else?
    I remember it. Don't know what to tell you - and I have no responsibility to prove a fucking thing to you. Believe it, or don't, I don't fucking care. But I remember what I remember, and it was a thing being discussed and tried back then.

how about you make bad posts somewhere else?
    You're not worth an infraction, lol.