Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Southpark does Southpark things.

Are people surprised?

I find it funny.
    Pretty much. They are always doing stuff like this, nothing new.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if I wanna go the hardest route does that count as black face

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    How do you always manage to make everything about you?
    I'm just questioning your logic. You think racism is about skin color differences, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Yikes, where did you deal with that?
    Mainly NYC.

South Park is one of the most irreverent series of all time. Doing something like this is par for the course for them. Anyone who is angry over it is obviously not a fan of the show which means the people bitching about it are triggered snowflakes who wouldn't have ever bought the game anyway....so who the hell cares what they think?

Because last time I checked, black people have a different skin color.
    What about black albinos who are white?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because last time I checked, black people have a different skin color.
    It's because the wiki says race is "a grouping based on shared physical traits, ancestry, or genetics", therefore, not about skin color. You just have to completely ignore that the primary dividing lines in race is skin color, or to call it what it really is, mental gymnastics to make your weak point seem more valid than what it is.

Arguing semantics is proof positive of insincerity and malice. It's a pseudo-intellectual troll attempt to stir shit up by defining entire words in the least used ways.

7+ Year Old Account
    Still trying to find the outrage. Has anyone found any?

I get so mad at things I dont have to choose to look at. So so mad.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Not looking very hard here but nothing found .....

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    I'm seeing some in this thread. But it's mostly arguments against each other and not at South Park.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I'm just questioning your logic. You think racism is about skin color differences, it's not.
    It is. Of course Asians can experience racism, too. And most people would say that Asians are colored people. So what's your point? Nevermind that none of your examples were racist, but I'm used to that.

How do you always manage to make everything about you?
    She gave a life experience as an exemple of what she first said, that racism isn't always about skin color. Which you asked her to explain, and she did. But if she gave a fictional but possible exemple you would have came back with some other reason to undermine her cuz you think you're right when you're actually wrong.

Racism is rarely based on the skin color, it's much deeper and much more complicated, usually a cultural thing, but the first thing we see is the physical visual difference and we think that's it.

The first people to enslave Africans didn't go there and be like "lol their skin so dark, they'll make good workers that I won't pay". They got there, saw how behind they were technologically and saw an opportunity to take advantage of it. Fast forward several years in America, now there's less and less and eventually no more (or almost) slavery and they try to integrate in society. But the people who always felt superior now felt insulted that they had to share their good life with them.

It's easy to differentiate by skin color, but that was never the reason for racism.

Racism isn't about skin color.
    This is an astute point that is undeniable. Prepare to be mocked and called a racist. They will never accept any deviation from their narratives.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is. Of course Asians can experience racism, too. And most people would say that Asians are colored people. So what's your point? Nevermind that none of your examples were racist, but I'm used to that.
    To add to this, when people say "White" most times they mean Western people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I gotta say this is probably the whole point. It doesn't make combat harder, but you're at a marked social disadvantage that grows more stark the darker your character gets--you earn less, people treat you with hostility, and if your character selects 'transgender' you get jumped as soon as word gets out. This is a really strange line to draw in the sand and say, "This is too far," with South Park's take-no-prisoners approach to social issues, especially systemic racism and the sort of shit non-white people deal with on a daily basis.

That being said, the only outrage I've seen about this has mostly been manufactured by journalists looking for clicks and the sort of fringe nut who cites Redpill as a source when discussing social issues.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

So what if they would? I'm as pale as many white people.

So unless you're beaten to a bloody pulp it's not racist?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post

More info here: http://uproxx.com/gaming/south-part-...ficulty-level/

So needless to say the usual suspects scream racism and the rest of the people just think its hilarious.
    Whats your stance on this move? Is it a lighthearted joke about the struggle of coloured people or full blown racism?
    The only time Southpark has ever offended me was when Comedy Central blurred out Mohamed in a bear suit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You might want to do some research then before posting. Having different skin color doesn't mean much
    Mean much for what? You mean people with different skin colors don't experience racism?

nor is racism about the color of your skin
    Then why is a term like "redskin" considered racist? Why does it happen to be the case that people of different skin color are discriminated against? Why isn't it considered racism when British people say bad things about Americans, or Germans about the Dutch?

Lastly black people aren't considered a race either. There are multiple races with black or colored people.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Black people aren't a race? So we can't be racist towards black people? This is just plain nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    What about black albinos who are white?

I feel sorry for any of them born in Africa, they usually get murdered and a lot of times tortured...

Deleted
    So what if they would? I'm as pale as many white people.
    You are still considered a colored person. White people aren't really white either. We're beige.

So unless you're beaten to a bloody pulp it's not racist?
    It has to be a little bit more hateful than asking you about your eyes or telling you that they find you attractive. If someone says your race is inferior and deserves to be wiped out, that's racist. Everything else nowadays that is being called racist really isn't.