Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm just not understanding what there is to do besides farm rares and do WQ. You do a short quest chain that takes you about 15 minutes and that's it. Like, that's all there is to do in this patch. So really, nothing new at all, besides the new Dungeon, but that's next week.

Deleted
    So we get each new rank of AK every 7 days now, not 5. Splendid! What else was the reason other than to subtly increase the intensity of timegating even further so unlocking the last row of the Crucible takes longer!

It seems small for an area that we are supposed to enjoy for a year. This threads title real nails it on the head.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Guys if you are feeling this way quit the game. Can we stop complaining for no reason here? No one here cares about your emotions on this topic and blizzard isn't listening. If it's serious enough to write about then stop playing. If it's not, then grow up and keep your blog to yourself.
    Your white knight, Blizzard-Brown nosing, biased (because you trying to make a living out of WoW) opinions are worse than complains about a product purchased.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Telling the OP to unsub is not really helpful.

There are a lot of people that are upset with the new zones. There is no getting away from the fact that Blizzard is turning what used to be an open world game into a game where you simply travel on tracks, right where Blizzard wants you to go.
    There is no choice or reason to explore anymore and that is a drastic shift in how the game works. Argus just takes this concept to an extreme. It's one big maze littered with annoying mobs, poorly designed terrain that is hard to travel in, not even flight points as, I guess actually finishing the zones cost too much and flying would make that all too obvious, time gating and RNG where ever you look.

This is not the game many of us used to love. This feels like a cheap knockoff. A little like some of the zones in SWTOR at launch where you just followed a corridor without any options. Without the great story and voice acting that game had, of course.

People that have spend years, decades in this game are feeling that the game is no longer for them. Of course they will be upset. Of course the will voice their opinions about it.
    Exactly my thoughts. I did unsub, though, since the direction wow has taken with legion has killed my will to play the game.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I'm just not understanding what there is to do besides farm rares and do WQ. You do a short quest chain that takes you about 15 minutes and that's it. Like, that's all there is to do in this patch. So really, nothing new at all, besides the new Dungeon, but that's next week.
    there is nothing more - eventuall people will farm up all 910 pieces and leave that place - because besides few ocd'ers nobody sane will farm that place for titanforged when normal Antorus will have 930 pieces as baseline .

its just a fast catch up for people who took a break and will return to game somewhere in next 12 months to get them to around 920-925 itlv to be ready for Antorus - nothing more

and they dont want to put in flying because people would realise thats its shit place already last week instead in 2-3 next weeks.

Deleted
    From the US Forums about invasion points:

Rastlin
    <Awake>
    110 Orc Shaman
    2108 posts
    2 days ago

"Have you been wondering why you are dying all the time in the new invasion point scenarios? I have an answer for you. They can't be healed. So you are in a mini-raid with either no healers or healers who cannot effectively do their job.

Because we are not grouped I CANNOT:

a) see who the tank is
    b) see anyone's health
    c) know who needs a dispell
    d) see the location of my party members
    e) communicate with other party members in any way.
    f) or even know how many party members their are.

As a result, when I decide to even stay in healing spec, all I can do is toss down healing rains, chain heal and hope the chains hit someone in need. I can single target players too of course, but I have to find them and that's not easy.

This state of affairs is ridiculous. We are, after all, truly a raid group. This is the case because we all get credit for mobs we have not personally tagged just like any raid or scenario group. I understand you want to make invasion points hard. But there is this class called "healers" that can actually help a raid out in difficult instances!

Let us do our job.

Make the group a real GROUP so we can do the healing we need to do!

Please, Please, Please fix this."

I wonder if they opted out of auto-group because it would take less time completing them? I mean, they have to stretch out this cheap reused content with no real loading screens (seriously thought these were just a PTR thing... in prior expansions such cheap-ass content with PTR loading screens would never have been released) for as long as possible right? Hence the no-scaling approach as well... And, shall we also talk about how the WQs offer just one relic of each type? And how small and uninspired the world quest pool feels already?

And how the zone that was released this week has no world quests on it, whatsoever. Oh well, waiting for 10 more quests on reset day!

hope they wont have legendaries next expo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exde View Post
    hope they wont have legendaries next expo
    Yeah... Also funny how Legionfall Legendaries are not a thing anymore and emissaries dont drop them either. Gotta stretch out the time played!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    This is why I had more fun in MoP than Argus (I wasn't a warlock back in the time but a rogue and we were a rogue group :-D )

y... you know you can do the same thing right now, play on a pvp server and run around argus killing people, your acting liek "blizzard removed all pvp in the world"
    hell argus makes it better, because people are forced to the ground, making people stand near you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Yeah... Also funny how Legionfall Legendaries are not a thing anymore and emissaries dont drop them either. Gotta stretch out the time played!
    Uh no, emisarries still drop them, i got another one literally 15 minutes ago handing in my emisarries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It seems small for an area that we are supposed to enjoy for a year. This threads title real nails it on the head.
    Overall it is actually bigger then any final expansion zone we have had, but whatever makes you sleep better at night.

- - - Updated - - -

From the US Forums about invasion points:

Rastlin
    <Awake>
    110 Orc Shaman
    2108 posts
    2 days ago

"Have you been wondering why you are dying all the time in the new invasion point scenarios? I have an answer for you. They can't be healed. So you are in a mini-raid with either no healers or healers who cannot effectively do their job.

Because we are not grouped I CANNOT:

a) see who the tank is
    b) see anyone's health
    c) know who needs a dispell
    d) see the location of my party members
    e) communicate with other party members in any way.
    f) or even know how many party members their are.

As a result, when I decide to even stay in healing spec, all I can do is toss down healing rains, chain heal and hope the chains hit someone in need. I can single target players too of course, but I have to find them and that's not easy.

This state of affairs is ridiculous. We are, after all, truly a raid group. This is the case because we all get credit for mobs we have not personally tagged just like any raid or scenario group. I understand you want to make invasion points hard. But there is this class called "healers" that can actually help a raid out in difficult instances!

Let us do our job.

Make the group a real GROUP so we can do the healing we need to do!

Please, Please, Please fix this."

I wonder if they opted out of auto-group because it would take less time completing them? I mean, they have to stretch out this cheap reused content with no real loading screens (seriously thought these were just a PTR thing... in prior expansions such cheap-ass content with PTR loading screens would never have been released) for as long as possible right? Hence the no-scaling approach as well... And, shall we also talk about how the WQs offer just one relic of each type? And how small and uninspired the world quest pool feels already?

And how the zone that was released this week has no world quests on it, whatsoever. Oh well, waiting for 10 more quests on reset day!
    I know you are cherry picking shit so you can shit on the game but atleast read patch notes, we are getting another batch of world quests on mac'aree tomorow.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    Sure feels that way. I fell outta love with SWtOR a while back, but I am not haunting the EA forums bitching about it. I unsubbed, offered feedback, and moved on. I keep tabs to see if they ever fixed what I disliked, and if they ever do, I might resub. But I won't sit in their forums and yell at them til they do. Definitely not gonna go to the SWtOR forums here and do it either.
    That just generally means you are a normal Human being.

People that spend hours of their lives on a forum dedicated to something they scream about hating are the pathetic adults you generally see on cringe type websites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    That just generally means you are a normal Human being.

People that spend hours of their lives on a forum dedicated to something they scream about hating are the pathetic adults you generally see on cringe type websites.
    Has it ever occurred to you that these so-called haters love the game even more? Why would I waste my time otherwise? To evoke disillusionment in your hearts? To make you quit? No. The opposite of love is not hate (they go hand in hand actually) but indifference. And players with a low threshold for satisfaction are more prone to indifference than those who "hate" the game (because hate in this case is really just the tip of the iceberg made of love). This is what WoD and a sub-par content patch (7.2) can do to you I guess. Everything is awesome!!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets not pretend that game play wise, that Argus is inferior in everyway to Tanaan or Timeless Isle, or pretty much any of the other zones like it since.. forever.

Timeless Isle almost point for point is exactly the same as Argus in purpose, except Argus actually has a story and quests on it. It's also multiple magnitudes larger. You farm rare spawns that drop pets/mounts/toys, and you obtain currency used to help you get catch up gear. Both had weekly world bosses and both have a magnitude of buffs that allow for PvP shenanigans or whatever. The only difference in the zones is the size of the zones and how you go about getting catch up gear. Argus catch up gear is far better (unsullied is superior to what we had in Timeless Isle, and Relinquished is actually an option for end game progression, something Timeless Isle didn't have). Timeless Isle did allow you to endlessly farm though by grinding mobs if you chose, Argus doesn't, but realistically it takes you such a massive amount of time to hit all the chests, invasions and rare spawn that it's unlikely you would run out of things to do in any given day.

I think that Timeless Isle was easier to move about, and had a few more interesting ways of spawning rare spawns than Argus. It also, is far more pleasant to look at. However, for the purpose of gearing and for shear things to do, Argus is way better than Timeless Isle was by a huge margin. Argus isn't even fully unlocked yet.

I get it. Most of the issues with Argus are probably that it is very ugly to look at. The zone would have likely been received better had we not had tiers upon tiers of Demon shit, in addition to Broken Shore sharing a similar aesthetic. People are also annoyed that it's difficult to navigate (although I'd argue only Antorus is hard to navigate). Invasions are 'okay', but they are passable in my eyes simply because they are but one feature of the patch. If they were the defining feature, sure, it would be shit, but they aren't.

There is story there though, and there is plenty to do, unlike most of the zones it's modeled after (Timeless Isle, Broken Shore, and Tanaan Jungle). It's purpose is story, gear catch up, and hunting for mounts/pets. All of which it does equally or superior to zones I listed. I mean, Isle of Thunder was a bit more story driven, but at the end of the day it was simply a hunt for rares everyday, a world boss, and doing a scenario (which was super fun).

Can beat around the bush all we want, but Argus, at least for it's systems is probably better than anything else (we can debate whether it's going to hold for quite awhile or if the entire package is up to par for how far along WoW is though). When it comes down to it, the synopsis of this thread is mostly a whine based on the lack of flying and that Argus isn't pleasant to look at (Antorus mostly, IMO), or that the mobs are too annoying to deal with for a lot of classes. Argus actually is annoying to navigate, but honestly, even Antorus after a couple of days was pretty easy to navigate. If you pay attention you know exactly where that chest or rare spawn on your map is.

I literally see no difference. After a couple of weeks on TI all I did was kill a couple rares I needed and grief people all day with the PvP buffs. Isle of Thunder after the story was complete was doing rares for keys to do the scenarios, with the rest of the time spent griefing people. Tanaan Jungle was kill the four rares everyday and then greif people with buffs or raid log (this zone, despite it's size, was exhausted far quicker). Argus will follow a similar path, in that I'll eventually just do the worthwhile WQ, a couple of the rares I want, with the rest of my time be allocated to killing people all day if I feel like it.

Deleted
    So we get each new rank of AK every 7 days now, not 5. Splendid! What else was the reason other than to subtly increase the intensity of timegating even further so unlocking the last row of the Crucible takes longer!
    I'm not even bothering to grind AP anymore, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    What about people spending hours of their lives screaming about those pathetic adults?
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-09-11 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I'm enjoying being able to fly in Argus.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    y... you know you can do the same thing right now, play on a pvp server and run around argus killing people, your acting liek "blizzard removed all pvp in the world"
    hell argus makes it better, because people are forced to the ground, making people stand near you.
    Yeah no, Argus is pretty shitty for fun like this in Timeless Isle was.
    Last edited by Micronetic; 2017-09-11 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why are people so against saying "if you don't like it unsub"??
    Because

1) It's meant to shut down discussion. It has no value and is basically a politer way to say "fuck off".

2) It's simplistic. People may like other aspects of the game and dislike the one under discussion (Argus, here). They don't want to leave, they wanted the feature to be better

3) It's putting your fingers in your ears - "I don't want to hear this, STFU!!!".

4) It's hypocritical. IF someone doesn't want to read about how people dislike Argus they can unsubscribe, er, not read the thread.

5) It equates criticism with hating. Nothing gets better if the people who aren't satisfied don't say "I don't like this because...."

Conversely, of course, just saying "Argus sucks!" without more information isn't useful either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Yeah no, Argus is pretty shitty for fun like this in Timeless Isle was.
    How is running around killing people on timeless isle super ultra different from running around on argus killing people?
    you must also love these much better then the horrible square ones right?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Argus sucks plain and simple.

The story is bla. The quests are the same wq as before. If you can't solo all the rares then is entirely another issue.

The worthless mobs that knock you off your mount are joke, if you die to them that's another issue

The scenery is boring as hell, the first 5 zones look way better.

Don't even get me started on flying. You think people actually look at the scenery when questing, no they are looking at the map of to figure out where the fuck they are and going.

Me personally notice a lot more when flying.

Overall I give Argus a 4 out 10 may change when raid opens.

Feels like a pile shit thrown together.
    Last edited by jarbulldog; 2017-09-12 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Guys if you are feeling this way quit the game. Can we stop complaining for no reason here? No one here cares about your emotions on this topic and blizzard isn't listening. If it's serious enough to write about then stop playing. If it's not, then grow up and keep your blog to yourself.
    You don't have to post in the thread if you don't like it.