Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    As much? Um, no one outside of a few meaningless existences on this forum call me a racist. Why white knight for a group of people who don't need your protection? Also, it's not an excuse. I grew up in the ghetto. Black people have been dropping the n word on each other since I was a kid. Not something I see with educated or well-off blacks but cross that poverty line and it's in every fucking conversation.

Huh? As I've stated before I don't go around calling people racial epithets. That is something mostly done to and from one black person to another. Other races don't do this as a part of their daily conversation and music.

There really isn't much you can do about it.
    If you and your friends all each other assholes great I'm not your friend saying that to me is hostile but not the same as nigger. I don't care who you know black says it. If it's amongst them it's fine if it's towards you that isn't.

You are defending a guy not white people by attaching all black people to a word Pewdiepie said. Can't get anymore clear than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Many black people don't use the word... Stop being racist and assuming all black people talk like rappers.
    Fucking exactly.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    It's funny... The number of people who had even heard of this "FireWatch" probably grew by 10000% thanks to Pewds and this whole "incident". These developers should be on their knees thanking him for the spotlight their little game has been put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I don't have empathy for racist
    "Anyone I don't like is racist."

Keep watering down formerly powerful words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post

Right that's why you're crying about that it still matters the only people that don't care are the racist that never did.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Right that's why you're crying about that it still matters the only people that don't care are the racist that never did.
    This doesn't even make sense. Take time to rewrite that.

But I'll leave you with this. Do you believe Felix, when he goes out in public, treats blacks different? With malice and hatred? Or do you think he treats them the same as anyone else? Do you believe Felix thinks that certain races are inferior to his own based on skin color? Think about that, and again, stop watering down the word.

But you won't. You're constantly obsessed with race and will do anything to find racism anywhere to confirm to your biases. I'm generally interested in how many real racists you think there are in the U.S., but I don't think anything productive can come from talking with you, so have a good day.
    Last edited by ablock87; 2017-09-11 at 06:46 PM. Reason: because

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post

Like the n-word?

Do you believe Felix, when he goes out in public, treats blacks different? - Yes
    With malice and hatred? - No
    Or do you think he treats them the same as anyone else? - No
    Do you believe Felix thinks that certain races are inferior to his own based on skin color? - Yes

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Do you believe Felix, when he goes out in public, treats blacks different? - Yes
    Do you believe Felix thinks that certain races are inferior to his own based on skin color? - Yes

Then you're out of your mind.

That isn't remotely the same thing, if your friends call you whatever the fuck you want that is between you and them, you call someone random you don't know that shit, then you own whatever reaction you get.
    So context is what matters after all .... you really do want to be consistent lol you keep falling over yourself with the contradictions.

Context does matter and very much.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps if you would stop trying to use that bullshit as a fucking excuse you wouldn't be called racist as much as you do or at least worry about saying it. It's a free country, I can't stop you from saying shit, but if and when you say it, I am taking no concern over your fate or stupidity to use that fucking word.

And if it's to me and around me, then no I am not going to be OK with it either.

- - - Updated - - -

I find the stupidity of people who talk about being uptight about a word, seem to be the last ones that want to take responsibility for using their own language without dragging others in with them.

Bringing up your race as an excuse really pretty much explains everything needing to be known while you disparage another. Yeah your lack of civility when told why you shouldn't say something when it is always people like you asking why it is a big deal.

Or I could be wrong and maybe you don't give a fuck in which case neither do I, so stop bitching and complaining and deal with your consequences, I am not obligated to you either.
    Deal with my consequences? What?

Look all I'm saying is that if you think words matter and hold meaning my question still stands. Why is it less controversial to say cracker or honkey vs. nigger? It's been used in movies, TV shows, stand up comedy, all kinds of media and it doesn't seem to bother anybody it's perfectly ok to use those words, it's a total joke to everybody but once you get into black slurs then it's a big controversial issue like it's some forbidden subject. Now as a white guy what if I found those words like cracker or honkey to be offensive? Would I still be considered as bitching and complaining? What about the way I or other white people feel when someone calls them a cracker or honkey? Do their feelings not matter because they're white? I guess because they're white they don't experience any sort of oppression it's just the black people who do. It just seems to me that when it comes to racial issues it's always one sided and anyone trying to defend the whites is considered the bad guy and racist. Like we're not allowed to stand up for ourselves. We should be ashamed to be white.

Either take away the meaning of racial slurs and just laugh about it and be happy OR don't use any of them at all and that includes black people calling each other nigga. Just because it has an "a" at the end doesn't mean it makes the word any less meaningful. If it did then white people wouldn't be getting shit for using the word. I mean that's what you said right that words aren't just words? Then if so the word nigga shouldn't be thrown around like it is today and should be considered the same word and mean the same meaning as nigger no matter who is using it and how it's being used. Same goes for cracker.

It's all or none.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-09-11 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post

What the hell are you supposed to be pointing out here? Do you really believe that Felix is actually a racist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Factorio doesn't seem to approve of the dmca takedown method.
    https://twitter.com/factoriogame/sta...27263732023297
    Nobody does. It's asinine that this dev thinks that the law is on their side with this issue. He's gonna go in front of a judge and when asked "Why did you take down these videos that are covered under fair use?" He's gonna say. "He said something I didn't like."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Many black people don't use the word... Stop being racist and assuming all black people talk like rappers.
    Most do. Usually have a bullshit 'taking the power of the word away' excuse to go along with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Like the n-word?
    I know this may have beem thought to be a snarky remark, but in truth the users of nigger/niggah have been watering down its use for yours, mostly black people.

The only issue at hand is the playing up of the word's use by anyone else besides that group
    Last edited by Grimbold21; 2017-09-11 at 08:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Nobody does. It's asinine that this dev thinks that the law is on their side with this issue. He's gonna go in front of a judge and when asked "Why did you take down these videos that are covered under fair use?" He's gonna say. "He said something I didn't like."
    IANAL, but there's a strong argument that no stream is fair use. It's something I won't argue for or against since, again, ianal.
    Developers and studios allow it (Firewatch explicitly so) because it benefits them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    its a good thing you don't hold yourself to those standards or you would become a very unhappy person
    I do I never use the word cracker, kike, chink, or any slurs even nigger. I use nigga because that just means ignorant mother fuck that ones ok in my book and I am black.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Once in an intense gaming moment, I screamed blood and soil and wished death upon jews.

I love this meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    So context is what matters after all .... you really do want to be consistent lol you keep falling over yourself with the contradictions.

Context does matter and very much.
    I saw the video but the odd thing is I don't understand why he would use that word in anger, the context of the word is all weird even he corrected himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Saying the word itself is disparaging another race so it is racist.
    It's only disparaging if you let it be. Cracker is what they call white people but nobody gives it power so it means nothing. Same with nigger, it means nothing but people give it power and freak out every time they hear it. I've had black friends who don't give a fuck if someone says nigger, mainly because if they do care then the world becomes an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    The law is on the dev's side in this issue.

(From a Actually Lawyer, Read the tweets he comments about ths)
    https://twitter.com/MrRyanMorrison/s...41977887186944

The dev's have the right to revoke at any time even more so when they see that something can damage there IP/Brand. Felix can fight it but he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Fair Use isn't a law its a defense and Lets Play videos have never been seen as Fair Use.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    I actually had a really good in depth conversation about this with a group of friends recently. I brought up the subject of GG and other such topics that show links between large communications corps such as google, facebook, twitter and authoritarian SJWs and feminists. They all thought that it wasn't a big deal, probably because of their "viewpoints" line up with their "values", but that's just ignorantly ignoring a major issue. All of these major corporations, which control a huge majority of information people usually see, are extremely biased, and corrupt, and people eat it up.
    And that to me is scarier then some fringe neo Nazi group, since a tiny group like that is commonly hated and rightly shown what it's doing, while the corrupt corporations lead by far left extremists controlling information and 'thought crimes' is just insidious
    #boycottchina