View Poll Results: The best Hunter pet is....

Voters
66. This poll is closed
  • Boar

4 6.06%
  • Wolf

8 12.12%
  • Spider

2 3.03%
  • Bear

12 18.18%
  • Strider

0 0%
  • Saber

8 12.12%
  • Raptor

4 6.06%
  • Robo Bunny

16 24.24%
  • Dragonhawk

1 1.52%
  • Moth

0 0%
  • Crab

3 4.55%
  • Hound

3 4.55%
  • Turtle

5 7.58%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best starter Hunter pet?

I just wanted to see what starter pets people liked most.... Barely anybody uses the Hunter Forum so I stuck it in General Discussions?
    I am not looking for advice, just wanna see what people like.

My favourite is Raptor and then probably Saber and Dragonhawk.
    Last edited by Mythabay; 2017-09-11 at 11:30 PM.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    It honestly doesn't matter too much. You only get a few actually useful things - A slow (Generally with low uptime), a defense CD (Turtle, beetle, ect), a Brez (Moth), or Time Warp (Nether Ray, Core Hound).

So, if you really want the utility, get one of the utility pets. Try wow-petopia.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

It doesn't matter anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    It honestly doesn't matter too much. You only get a few actually useful things - A slow (Generally with low uptime), a defense CD (Turtle, beetle, ect), a Brez (Moth), or Time Warp (Nether Ray, Core Hound).

So, if you really want the utility, get one of the utility pets. Try wow-petopia.com
    The point of the Thread is to see which they like best to start with...

10+ Year Old Account
    In Vanilla, I liked cats, either the Barrens ones if I was Horde (Echeyakee, or the black lion near Ratchet if I could find him), or just the regular Teldrassil Moonsabers if I was Alliance.

On most of my hunters however, I'd switch to the black/blue armored boars in Razorfen Kraul, the ones in the middle. I used to see it as a little challenge, to solo tame one at fairly low level. You had to time your Invis pot well and play pretty decently to not get destroyed.

Man, I felt so much more attached to my pets when they had happiness/food etc. I know it was a pretty basic system and frustrating to some, but it still kinda kept me immersed. RIP all that kinda thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    In Vanilla, I liked cats, either the Barrens ones if I was Horde (Echeyakee, or the black lion near Ratchet if I could find him), or just the regular Teldrassil Moonsabers if I was Alliance.

On most of my hunters however, I'd switch to the black/blue armored boars in Razorfen Kraul, the ones in the middle. I used to see it as a little challenge, to solo tame one at fairly low level. You had to time your Invis pot well and play pretty decently to not get destroyed.

Man, I felt so much more attached to my pets when they had happiness/food etc. I know it was a pretty basic system and frustrating to some, but it still kinda kept me immersed. RIP all that kinda thing though.

I reckon it's pretty cool that if you are a Horde, you can go for the Teldrassil Sabers anyway, and vice versa...

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the rare bear in Dun Morogh and call him Bjorn. He's super badass.
    Keep him until you can catch King Bangalash, then tame him and keep his name.
    Then you level up some more and you go get Skoll, the spirit beast. Let him keep his name.
    And voilà! You now have a tanky pet, a beastmaster pet, and a pet for all occasions. And all of them are super badass too.

(PS: for a Bloodlust pet, go get Chromaggus)

I used to like cats the most, hands down.

But, as the years have gone by and I've seen new models, the old world cat models just won't do anymore. I wish they'd update more models, Hyenas and old world Lions in particular.

Now I just tame a mastiff early on, or any rare using a newer model, for new hunters. The pets I'm after don't start becoming tameable until way late into the leveling process. With Legion, I got a white bear with the new model asap. The model looks so damned good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    I reckon it's pretty cool that if you are a Horde, you can go for the Teldrassil Sabers anyway, and vice versa...
    Yeah totally agreed, it always kept things fresh, and it was nice to hunt something eye-catching if you felt like it.

I remember that cat in Mulgore, The Rake or something. Used to have a super quick attack speed before they normalised them, was good for spell push-back in PvP. Same as the ZG bats, think it was like 1 sec attack speed which was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I used to like cats the most, hands down.

But, as the years have gone by and I've seen new models, the old world cat models just won't do anymore. I wish they'd update more models, Hyenas and old world Lions in particular.

Now I just tame a mastiff early on, or any rare using a newer model, for new hunters. The pets I'm after don't start becoming tameable until way late into the leveling process. With Legion, I got a white bear with the new model asap. The model looks so damned good!
    So true, the new models for most of the animals, especially the bears are superb..

Robo bunny because Mechanical pets are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Yeah totally agreed, it always kept things fresh, and it was nice to hunt something eye-catching if you felt like it.

I remember that cat in Mulgore, The Rake or something. Used to have a super quick attack speed before they normalised them, was good for spell push-back in PvP. Same as the ZG bats, think it was like 1 sec attack speed which was amazing.
    Definitely, and the rare Spider (don't remember the name) from Redridge Mountains had surprisingly high health even when tamed... Some of the pets were so good, and helped so very well... Another good one was the Gorilla rare near Booty Bay, High attack and High health in one was so goooood!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Who isn't gonna love a little mech following them around, it is so fun... especially the little noises they make as they move and run behind you, they really subtle sometimes, which makes it so much better for the game's detail.

My hunters use raptors, but starter pet I'd say spider, since I PVP a lot, it's handy to have their web ability in those couple starter BGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Done and done.

Robo Squirrel is also pretty awesome.

It really depends on my mog. Right now I'm rocking a BRF Mythic set and armored fiery wolves from Tanaan are a perfect match. That said, I mostly enjoy pets which are unique in some way, whether it be appearance or backstory. Or both, like Gara, Fenryr, or Morashu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Robo Bunny! The robot bunny alone makes me almost wanna level up a gnome hunter.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

a favourite of mine http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?...ectralightning

requires a ton of patience tho :P

Edit: y foxes no option 4 vote D:

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    It doesn't matter anymore
    Sadly, yes. :-(

Wolf or Raptor I'd say.