View Poll Results: Will you buy the Iphone X?

Voters
143. This poll is closed
  • Yes. $1000 is a bargain for this!

12 8.39%
  • No. Not worth it to me.

120 83.92%
  • Not sure. Depends on the phone plans being offered.

11 7.69%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Where does it end? Is it just going to get more and more expensive as new ones come out?
    When the price wards away enough consumers to suggest Apple could be making more of a profit with a smaller cost.

Though that doesn't seem so likely. People are crazy over these phones. Meanwhile I'm still using my old iphone 4, because a phone is a phone and no one needs to upgrade with each new version.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Well, then don't buy it *shrug*. I normally do not buy an iPhone every year, but do get one every other year...
    Pretty much this. If you think it is too expensive, don't buy it. A bit self-control won't hurt people.

Thing that makes me laugh with the news is a lot of Americans and Canadians don't know that most countries in the world don't provide a phone for $200 or so with a plan. So when I wanted a 6plus, I had to pay $1000 USD for it where I live. I don't think the phone is worth that much, but I can't use an android phone where I am without a lot of trouble grabbing apps, so Apple is the best choice for me.

I got the iphone 7 from work for free when I got my promotion. I am hoping this year they give me another free phone. If not, I can wait until next year for another free phone I'd rather have free than have to pay $1000 for a phone again.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're paying mostly for the name. Just get a MotoG5s for ~$250 and forget about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Though that doesn't seem so likely. People are crazy over these phones. Meanwhile I'm still using my old iphone 4, because a phone is a phone and no one needs to upgrade with each new version.
    I don't think anyone suggested that you need to upgrade with every new version. Some people just want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Like most people, I want a computer that can do mostly everything a normal person uses a computer for, but runs on a battery, and is small enough to fit in a pocket. I guess that's why we're getting screwed.
    Pretty much.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got a 6s last fall. I don't like replacing phones that often. Maybe once every four or five years if I keep my current one intact.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

1000 dollars is a lot for a consumer electronic? Ok...
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I'm sorry but no one needs a 1k phone and especially not anyone making anything less than six figures. Don't be a sheeple!

You get a lot more design behind an iPhone than any other phone on the market. But it is still in the same ballpark as Samsung's main phones -so I'm not too worried.

I'm more pissed off at replacing touch ID with face ID ... seems silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm sorry but no one needs a 1k phone and especially not anyone making anything less than six figures. Don't be a sheeple!
    What better non Android phone would you suggest ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You get a lot more design behind an iPhone than any other phone on the market. But it is still in the same ballpark as Samsung's main phones -so I'm not too worried.

I'm more pissed off at replacing touch ID with face ID ... seems silly.

- - - Updated - - -

What better non Android phone would you suggest ?
    Why do you need the best possible phone on the market and why does it need to not be an Android? Are you carrying around nuclear bomb codes for the president, who is confused by android's shiny buttons?

People are ridiculous with phones and I mean RIDICULOUS. Most people use a handful of apps, surf the web, check their email and listen to music. Literally, there are $50 smartphones on the market that do all of those things.

If you don't want a $50 smartphone there's A WHOLE HUGE RANGE between $50 and $1000.

We have sales people who come to the job and I bet they will all have these phones.

It's a prestige item now.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Why do you need the best possible phone on the market and why does it need to not be an Android?
    Not android as I require a functional phone. Been through 2 years of Android bloatware and fragmentation.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't want a $50 smartphone there's A WHOLE HUGE RANGE between $50 and $1000.
    What non Android smart phone would you recommend that is cheaper than the Apple ?

I look at prices for items, and then what value I get .... then I add in what can I afford.

If all the three line up - I get it, if it doesn't - I do not.

An Android phone is worth $0 to me, so anything more than $0 is a waste of money.
    AN iOS phone is worth WELL OVER $2-3/day to me ... so getting one every couple of years is certainly on track.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-09-12 at 12:50 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Why is it a ripoff? Why is it a bad purchase? You've offered nothing to base this on.
    Why spend over 1000 USD when the Note or Galaxy offers the same for cheaper?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why spend over 1000 USD when the Note or Galaxy offers the same for cheaper?
    Nothing you've said answers either question.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://globalnews.ca/news/3733465/ip...launch-canada/

Wow. What a ripoff. Unless you're a 1%er, this is a terrible purchase.
    Then don't buy one. If sufficient demand does not present itself, Apple will have to lower their price. Lookie there, Capitalism isn't so mean after all.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If this phone can read minds and make dinner on its own, then it's worth 1000 bucks. Otherwise, no fucking way.

I need a new phone something awful and I was originally looking at this one but I could buy more than half of a new gaming PC with that much money.

Or you can be smart and just use their payment program and just pay 35$ a month and get a new one each year. basically paying 35*12 = 420 a year and not worry about anything being expensive ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Not interested in the new 8 my husband is hoping they come out with a smaller 7S when the 8 is announced. He has an old iPhone 4 that is on its last leg. But he hates bigger phones so he is waiting for the next smaller s series that comes out.
    He will keep hoping. There first of all will not be a 7s, they are going to go with 1 fluent naming scheme so its not confusing. Secondly, what WOULD had been the 7s and 7s plus will be the same size as now, this new "X" model will be in between the 2 in size.

Iphone 7 PLus 256 is $969.00, this is NOT a new price point

Samsung Galaxy Note8 starts From $929.99 Total

The Special edition will be for those who are not bothered with the cost, thus why there will be 2 cheaper options. I know I will be getting one for myself and my wife, paying straight up off contract. After what I sold our 7s Plus for it will only end up being a few hundred $$ out of pocket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    Or you can be smart and just use their payment program and just pay 35$ a month and get a new one each year. basically paying 35*12 = 420 a year and not worry about anything being expensive ;P
    the special edition will be subsidized higher than that.
    Last edited by Moozart; 2017-09-12 at 01:40 AM.