Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Wasn't patch 7.3 supposed to be lore heavy?

A bunch of things happen in patch 7.3, but where exactly is the heavy duty lore? We mostly seem to get slight enhancements and precisions about Draenei culture, but as far as pertinent and new lore goes, where the hell is it?

Turalyon and Alleria could have been replaced by any other nameless NPC as they barely even have any meaningful dialogue, we seem to learn nothing new (so far) about the Legion, Space Chimes or Draenei or Old Gods or Void Lords or whatever the fuck, we just go around and kill things and told we did a great job.

Oh and Velen pulls a "BUT WAIT THERE'S THIS INCREDIBLE MAGICAL ARTIFACT WE CAN USE TO FIGHT A TITAN" out of his ass. Reminds me of Arthas vs Ashbringer travesty.

Literally just wait until tomorrow, stop being impatient.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Reminds me of Arthas vs Ashbringer travesty.
    "Argus! I swore I'd see you dead and the Legion dismantled!"

Wait for the conclusion to the Argus storyline tomorrow- and, also.... my guy. My dude. My buddy.

This is easily the most story-heavy patch we've had since Mists.

Turalyon and Alleria could have been replaced by any other nameless NPC as they barely even have any meaningful dialogue, we seem to learn nothing new (so far) about the Legion, Space Chimes or Draenei or Old Gods or Void Lords or whatever the fuck, we just go around and kill things and told we did a great job.
    If those NPCs were also Vereesa and Sylvanas' sister, Arator's parents and void/light infused, sure.

We've learned that the Naaru are willing to force people against their will to serve the light, that this was their plan for Illidan. That Sargeras has brought back what appears to be a fragment or avatar of Aggramar. That demons who fail are punished in Antorus, and that the Legion is still actively invading a multitude of other worlds. We've learned that Velen left behind a fair number of Eredar who still opposed the Legion, and that they survived and were enslaved, and that some of them have escaped and scraped by on Argus by hiding in the shadows and biding their time.

We learned that the reason Velen's family was lost was because his trusted advisor betrayed him to Kil'Jaeden. We learned what Archimonde was like in his day-to-day and how he handled students before the fall of Argus. We learned that there are Ethereal who have become void infused, a bit about the Legion's heirarchy and circles, and that though the grunts don't seem to know much about the void and only care about conquest, the circles near the top are quite aware of what it is Sargeras is actually trying to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Not really, not yet. we'll see what tomorrow brings but to date, we've seen a lot of things that should be awesome be... underwhelming. I mean. ARGUS. The central world of Legion. Home of Velen, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde. Is a big lookalike for Netherstorm. After 1000 years we meet Alleria and Turalyon. Figures we've heard about for a decade of real time. And... nothing much really.

Mind you, there's promise. We know Alleria has been delving into void things. We could see her interact with Sylvanas. Turalyon could do something cool. But for now? Zzzz....

I'm hoping they show us more tomorrow and perhaps even do mini-unlock prior to 7.3.5 or have much more story in 7.3.5 than the raid patches have had to date, but I kind of get where OP is coming from.

Wait for the conclusion to the Argus storyline tomorrow- and, also.... my guy. My dude. My buddy.

Everything in pandaland was just a hamfisted attempt to try to link pandas really, REALLY hard to the rest of the world, these guys have it all, world trees, well of eternity, silithid 2.0, old gods, Legion references, titans, trolls, Naga, murlocs, it's like NO REALLY GUYS PANDAREN HAVE ALWAYS EXISTED LOOK HOW RELEVANT THEY ARE.

Oh and of course, their "lessons", i.e. take what Medivh said all throughout Warcraft 3, repeat it 20 different ways in a very condescending way and make it super awkward by making it sound as if the greatest enemy of Azeroth are our...emotions...and feelings.

Also, what's everyone saying, that in 3 full zones, the only lore will be in tomorrow's dungeon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    If those NPCs were also Vereesa and Sylvanas' sister, Arator's parents and void/light infused, sure.

We've learned that the Naaru are willing to force people against their will to serve the light, that this was their plan for Illidan. That Sargeras has brought back what appears to be a fragment or avatar of Aggramar. That demons who fail are punished in Antorus, and that the Legion is still actively invading a multitude of other worlds. We've learned that Velen left behind a fair number of Eredar who still opposed the Legion, and that they survived and were enslaved, and that some of them have escaped and scraped by on Argus by hiding in the shadows and biding their time.

We learned that the reason Velen's family was lost was because his trusted advisor betrayed him to Kil'Jaeden. We learned what Archimonde was like in his day-to-day and how he handled students before the fall of Argus. We learned that there are Ethereal who have become void infused, a bit about the Legion's heirarchy and circles, and that though the grunts don't seem to know much about the void and only care about conquest, the circles near the top are quite aware of what it is Sargeras is actually trying to do.
    I guess this is all true but it feels like we were just told a lot of it vs seeing it, uncovering it, etc. Aggramar makes a small cameo at the end of one quest... I'm hoping we get more interaction there etc. Especially in a game, showing >>> telling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I guess this is all true but it feels like we were just told a lot of it vs seeing it, uncovering it, etc. Aggramar makes a small cameo at the end of one quest... I'm hoping we get more interaction there etc. Especially in a game, showing >>> telling.
    What are you talking about?

We seen X'era try to force Illidan
    We've seen Aggramar
    We've actively gone into the portals leading to the invasions on other worlds
    We see and learn about Kro'krul
    We seen Velen's advisor betray him
    We've seen and interact with old time Archimonde

Virtually everything was shown to us. You don't have like what was there or whatever, but saying none of this is made clear is completely wrong.

HEY they brought back Turalyon and Alleria!! That's worth 5 patches of content! Long live Blizzard! All hail Ion!

Its call time released content. Yeah, it is kinda been a thing in Legion. Patch 7.3 was really just the ball starting to roll. Every week more and more will trinkle out. I figured people would have that figured out by now. But I guess not.

I hate Pandas!
    A lot easier to say and still gets across what you wanted to say.

The Garrosh Death Cinematic in Nagrand had more lore and better lore than this. They literally retconned stuff they wrote less than a year ago. A year!

Also, what's everyone saying, that in 3 full zones, the only lore will be in tomorrow's dungeon?
    Uh... let's see... we went to Argus, found the Army of Light, met up with Turalyon and Alleria for the first time since Warcraft 2, reunited them with their son and sister Vareesa. We've learned that Alleria has delved into void magic (and we will learn more about the void magic on the planet more starting tomorrow), that Xe'ra is not as nice as it appears. We've learned that Argus has a world soul that is being used to keep demons from permanently dying in the nether and that it's being tortured by Sargeras. The world soul of Argus has shown us that Aggramar is under the control of Sargeras and we see him later try to cleave us in half. We've seen the return of Velen to Mac'Aree where he ruled as part of the Triumvirate. We learned that they had this magic relic that was split into three pieces that was supposed to be super powerful, and we've claimed one of the missing two pieces. We've seen Xe'ra try to force Illidan to obey her prophecy and her death at his hands when he refused. We've seen Turalyon's zealous nature and Velen's shift towards a more independent being.

Like... I'm not even 100% sure what we're getting next week, but are you ACTUALLY complaining about the lore we've received? What more do you want?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    The Garrosh Death Cinematic in Nagrand had more lore and better lore than this. They literally retconned stuff they wrote less than a year ago. A year!
    What have they retconned?

"Lets go see if the pieces to the titan-fighting super weapon are still where i last saw them 25,000 years ago! Oh sweet, they are!" That's some rank 1 lore, bro bro.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude please. I've seen Dave "Retcon" Kosak recton himself in two consecutive tweets. Blizzard's retcon game is getting famous at this point. They need to be more like FFXIV and have:

1 - A Lore Bible, housing all the game's past and future lore so that everything is done right;
    2 - The Lore Guy, whose knowledge will help make the lore more awesome AND solid in a safe pace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

This is well written. GJ

Basicly /thread. Also wait for the conclusion?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you do a major brain fart while writing that? You just listed all the lore that actually happened there....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shostradamus View Post
    "Lets go see if the pieces to the titan-fighting super weapon are still where i last saw them 25,000 years ago! Oh sweet, they are!" That's some rank 1 lore, bro bro.
    Um...look at Stargate. "Let's go to this other galaxy and find this superweapon the Ancients left behind 50 million years ago. Surely it will be there and still work right?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Its call time released content. Yeah, it is kinda been a thing in Legion. Patch 7.3 was really just the ball starting to roll. Every week more and more will trinkle out. I figured people would have that figured out by now. But I guess not.
    You mean three weeks that's over tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    A lot easier to say and still gets across what you wanted to say.
    It's a lot easier to say that you're just another sheep who takes pride in dismissing other people's arguments with memes/attempted witty one sentence replies/generic dismissal based on no argument.