Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoWolf View Post
    Says the guy who would gladly kill people who disagree with him if he could get away with it... A spineless coward who talks big on the web because he's got nothing going in real life.

Go ahead and spout some narcissistic tirade about how oppressed you are or whatever floats your boat to make you feel big. You're nothing but a wannabe bully.
    I don't have delusions that I can bully anyone online. Maybe you do but it's not from me.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...lies-1.4279125

It is important that centres exist for different types of people.

However, it does make you wonder what the controversy is about?
    Glad to see someone standing up to the Left/Antifa/Mediacrats, and other hate groups.

Show of hands of who has actually seen The Red Pill so they actually know the points being brought up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So in short, a centre run by the Deadbeat Dad's Alliance.
    ...So you can't be a man and abused or struggling with marital, family, and custody problems?

Seems awfully one-sided. It isn't a shelter for men who want to avoid raising their children or paying alimony, quite the opposite.

Some of the posts I am seeing in this thread are pretty unsettling if not outright hateful, perhaps even borderline sexist against men.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    ...So you can't be a man and abused or struggling with marital, family, and custody problems?

Seems awfully one-sided. It isn't a shelter for men who want to avoid raising their children or paying alimony, quite the opposite.

Some of the posts I am seeing in this thread are pretty unsettling if not outright hateful, perhaps even borderline sexist against men.
    Some of the people on this forum wish they could kill people in real life. They know they can't so they come here to shout and belittle and bully others. What's unsettling is that nothing is done to shut them down.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...lies-1.4279125

It is important that centres exist for different types of people.

However, it does make you wonder what the controversy is about?
    Because feminists think that men don't deserve domestic abuse shelters. Men can't be abused obviously. I think you accidentally found an article we agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoWolf View Post
    Some of the people on this forum wish they could kill people in real life. They know they can't so they come here to shout and belittle and bully others. What's unsettling is that nothing is done to shut them down.
    But the moment I curse someone (especially the wrong person) out of frustration I'm gone. :P

I'm all for heated discussion but a lot of this seems to devolve more into some seriously hateful, nasty rhetoric that even the most egregious insult cannot hope to match.

Welcome to Lil' Neogaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    I'm not 100% sure I totally agree with this sort of men's centre. I mean it's good for men to be able to go somewhere and get advice regarding domestic issues, but really I just think they need to toughen the fuck up.

Yes the system is horrendously biased in favour of the mother. Yes men get totally screwed every which way when it comes to divorce. Yes men are consistently fucked over in regards to their own children. But they should have been made aware of this before they enter into a relationship, a marriage, or decide to have children. If men are not fully aware they will be screwed over if the relationship falls over then that's on them.

Men's centres like this one in the OP are like a burns unit. While I suppose it's nice to have somewhere to get your burns treated, it would be far better to teach men how not to get burnt in the first place.
    So in short, a centre run by the Deadbeat Dad's Alliance.
    Do either of you understand how incredibly ignorant you look making statements like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Show of hands of who has actually seen The Red Pill so they actually know the points being brought up?
    I saw it. I wouldn't have even known about it had it not been for all the talk about it several months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    If they are legit and not bullshit maybe the feminist could help them raise money and that doesn't happen. And both go on to really help people.

Maybe dispelling myth from reality for both who get a bad rep from misguided supporters.
    Oh please, feminists tends to be the first ones up in arms against anything for men. There's too many counts of feminist rallies against men support groups or talks. Everyone's familiar with Big Red and her protest, or the male suicide talk protest. There's too many times where men's rights activism is taken as a sexist rebuttal to feminism. But like the beaten dead-horse phrase, bad apples in every group. Some are more worse than others.

I don't depend on feminists to ever try and rally for men's health issues. Even more so, very few in current age's feminism have done anything for men beyond encourage transgender men transitioning, and men shutting up for women.
    Last edited by Beardless Man; 2017-09-11 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Added video with a pretty good example
    [Insert Infraction Here]

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to start by saying I honestly have no idea what the "Red Pill" thing is, so I'm basing my comment solely on the article linked. I agree that men, in general, could use a center to show them that getting help is okay. Men, again in general, tend to not treat their health very seriously and should be encouraged to do so before things get too bad. To often, men won't seek help until its too late or extremely costly when a faster doctor's visit could have saved them.

The other side of the article that I also agree with is that there is also a lack of help provided for men with certain widespread issues. As a cancer fighter, I ran into a lot of situations where because I was male, I wasn't allowed to benefit from services offered in my area. Technically, my cancer falls under the testicular branch, but when I even signed up for a support group here, testicular cancer wasn't even a choice on the cancer list (I had to check other) because the list had been designed primarily with women in mind (15 choices and testicular wasn't one of them, though breast and cervical were).

This isn't a "men have it harder than women" comment in the least. I'm just saying that if this center's focus is just on helping men get services that they aren't otherwise being provided and also helping them realize its okay to seek help, then I support that.

But the moment I curse someone (especially the wrong person) out of frustration I'm gone. :P

I'm all for heated discussion but a lot of this seems to devolve more into some seriously hateful, nasty rhetoric that even the most egregious insult cannot hope to match.
    If there's one thing I've learned about Off Topic since joining, it's that if you hate white people, endorse violence and murder as acceptable when someone disagrees with you, oppose facts and logic in favor of feelings, you're welcome here.

Which is even more disconcerting when you consider how we're not allowed to discuss the reasons behind why some opinions are okay to express here and others are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Glad to see someone standing up to the Left/Antifa/Mediacrats, and other hate groups.
    What does an alleged Men's centre have to do with left wing groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Do either of you understand how incredibly ignorant you look making statements like that?
    I think my criticism of that movement is, if anything, generous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Open a centre for men suffering from domestic abuse "lol what a beta cuck, he's not really a man"

Attack a domestic abuser "wow what a brute, if only he could have talked about it instead of using violence"

Can't win.

I think my criticism of that movement is, if anything, generous.
    Except there really isn't a movement being talked about here(or at least not the one you think it is), and the center is for male abuse victims etc. not a shelter for boohoo woe is me dead beats like you proclaimed.

What does an alleged Men's centre have to do with left wing groups?
    Left wing hate groups are anti-male. Ergo, a male group's mere existence, is standing up to Antifa/Mediacrats/Canadians.

What do you think exactly such men centres should do ?

Already on this post, people are saying that what would ACTUALLY help, psychological assistance, is useless as people should ''toughen up''. So what's left exactly ? Being told by foam-mouthed people that everything is a global conspiracy (presumably of the Jews)) and that they should buy guns to shoot their ennemies on the day of the rope ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah these are not allies to anyone other than straight white males real close to alt-right BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Would have supported this if I had not seen The Red Pill thing.
    Im noticing an amusing trend on your posts or positions, in that anything you don't like or disagree seems to be associated orwith falls under the Alt right umbrella

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    well, it's happened, Tennisace found something we can all agree with.
    I'll be the first to criticize his threads. But lately, it seems they are much less trolly, or insane. I'm open to forgive in light of change.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.