Poll: The Hardest Class is....

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What is the Hardest/Most Complicated Class

Title says it all.

This isn't a thread to see what I should play, or anything else.
    Just wanna know what you think is the Hardest or Most Complicated Class and what spec of that Class.

Personally, I feel that the Shaman is hardest in general, but the Shadow Priest is something that I will always have difficulty with.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    Title says it all.

Just wanna know what you think is the Hardest or Most Complicated Class and what spec of that Class.

Personally, I feel that the Shaman is hardest in general, but the Shadow Priest is something that I will always have difficulty with.
    Make it spec not class. Makes more sense.

2-3 of the shaman specs are piss easy(I play resto shaman).

Sub, feral..... on the top of my head those two hare the most complicated atm

Legion wise i think only Sub/Feral/Unholy DK can be considered "Not very easy", they arent THAT hard to play but compared to other specs they are harder and UK DK not that much, mostly management while Sub is just many buttons to spam Eviscerate in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Make it spec not class. Makes more sense.

2-3 of the shaman specs are piss easy(I play resto shaman).

Sub, feral..... on the top of my head those two hare the most complicated atm
    This Thread was created with the intent of a Poll, and there are not enough sections for all Specs...

Feral, Subtlety, Shadow, Demonology. Probably in that order for me.
    Last edited by Rolow; 2017-09-12 at 04:08 AM.

Title says it all.

the class you havent played and know little about.

most classes had a lot removed and dumbed down (Removal of buttons simplification).

from a melee stand point id have to say Feral Druid or Survival hunter, they require more effort put in to maintain a top output compared to other melee classes (not discussng what classes are top or bottom of the meters, this is purely a standpoint on playability)

from a range stand point, id have to stick with warlock depending on spec, or Shadowpriest.

shadowpriest is all about going in and out of Voidform through your insanity bar and the length of time you can maintain that shadowform effects your overall dps/throughput.

Warlock would have to be about the spec, as all three play kind of differently whether you can maintain pets/dot uptimes and are adapt at being able to change quickly from one target to the next, macros help but require the effort to make work if you want to excel.

From a healer stand point id have to go with either disc priest or resto druid.
    Disc priest due to it being really shit on the healing but can excel with low humming damage that it can absorb through shield uptime.
    resto druid although overpowered at the moment and can excel, they can also OOM really quickly if you dont manage your throughput quickly.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    This Thread was created with the intent of a Poll, and there are not enough sections for all Specs...
    I'm gonna have to go rogue then because it three specs can be made slightly more complicated then the average and sub is "the hardest" alongside feral. You could also go snd outlaw and yolo like a beast master though

Also to the guy above me I agree except two instances. Sub is more complicated then feral and resto Druid is the easiest healing spec in the game atm. It's the BM hunter of healing

Quote Originally Posted by Rolow View Post
    Feral, Subtlety, Demonology. Probably in that order for me.
    Really, I can understand Demonology and Subtlety. But I started with a Feral Druid and a Beast Mastery Hunter...
    For Warlock I like Destruction and for Rogue I prefer Outlaw.

Deleted
    Demonology warlock is the most out of place, bizzare, heavy rotation spec in the game. With severe punishment if you fail your first to second rotation due to movement. Not only must you stand absolutely still for the entire fight, but you must also have good luck with RNG from procs, crits. If you mess up by moving, you lose a Potential of 2 minutes of rotation build up, while destruction and affliction don't share this issue

For me personally? Feral Druid.....

Manage a quadrillion bleeds + millions of self buffs + energy + combopoints.

Im doing something wrong i guess, but every guide i read says exactly this.
    No other class plays this difficult.
    Rogues? Need half the things to manage same damage.
    Hunters (Surv)? I play half afk and manage a really good spot in damage.

But this is just my point of view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    For me personally? Feral Druid.....

Manage a quadrillion bleeds + millions of self buffs + energy + combopoints.

Im doing something wrong i guess, but every guide i read says exactly this.
    No other class plays this difficult.
    Rogues? Need half the things to manage same damage.
    Hunters (Surv)? I play half afk and manage a really good spot in damage.

But this is just my point of view.
    Keeping up bleeds and buffs just just isn't hard for me at least. Set up some weak auras and off you pop. Sub has weird rotational shifts and it's pacing shifts drastically. You need to make split second descisions that can affect your damage a ton

I got every class to 110, some were definitely harder to level but most had their benefits to make up for it. IMO I'd have to say priest (shadow), to keep up with rotation is fine but if you mess up the catch up is a bit more rough. Though I just may not be as good at it as other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Demonology warlock is the most out of place, bizzare, heavy rotation spec in the game. With severe punishment if you fail your first to second rotation due to movement. Not only must you stand absolutely still for the entire fight, but you must also have good luck with RNG from procs, crits. If you mess up by moving, you lose a Potential of 2 minutes of rotation build up, while destruction and affliction don't share this issue
    Really? I always felt that Monk's were most out of place in say of rotations...

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Keeping up bleeds and buffs just just isn't hard for me at least. Set up some weak auras and off you pop. Sub has weird rotational shifts and it's pacing shifts drastically. You need to make split second descisions that can affect your damage a ton
    "manage bleeds" doesn't mean uptime. It means timing bloodtalons/tiger's fury so you get most out of the effects, while maintaining savage roar and recognizing when to pop your cooldowns. When to let a boosted bleed expire and when to refresh with a shitty one because you're about to cap energy and blowing your CP on Ferocious Bite will lose you bleed uptime.

While I haven't played feral in years, this was what made things complicated. And it's something that's very hard to get a WA to compensate for.

Hardest SPEC you mean?
    Discipline Priest or Survival Hunter, arguably.

If you mean class, like, collectively, harder question.
    Maybe Druid, just because it has the most specs?
    I personally have trouble learning how to Warlock.

Deleted
    Then you shouldn't have bothered to be honest. Death knight is dead easy in blood, easy with MG frost, mildly challenging in Breath and noticeably demanding in Unholy. Beast Master is noticeably easier than MM and SV is up there with Feral in the land of stupidly difficult and unrewarding specs, while bear is so easy it's actually boring to play.
    Sorry mate, classes just don't have single difficulty levels.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't play a lot of classes, but the hardest as far as I know has to be an Ele Shammy with Icefury. Other than that? I think WW Monks, maybe.

I main a monk, but from guildies and others I often hear them lament how much different the DPS approach and tanking can feel from the other classes.

That's not to say that they're more complex, but at the very least sufficiently different to make it hard to adapt to them.

Windwalkers because they work more on the principle of priority rather than rotations and whatever's off cooldown, Brewmasters because their mitigation isn't pure absorption but on-the-spot DoT management.

YOURS BRO OBVIOUSLY

^^^ this should be the answer to every single one of these threads that pop up...

"Which class is the hardest?"

"Which class should get buffs?"

"Which class gets neglected?"

"Which class does Blizz always fuck the most?"

Always the same answer. OP always wants it to be theirs.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The monk class is the least played for a number of reasons (garbage tier art, lore, mechanics, etc), but to my mind, the single biggest one is blizzards incessant and hamfisted attempts to shoehorn in gimmicks for every monk spec. None of them are hard per se, but none of them are straightforward either.

Also, as far as any dps spec can be said to be demanding to play, feral is pretty unforgiving of mistakes.