Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    You realize that this is a convention cosplayers go to? With most of the games being fantasy-oriented it isn't such a stretch that some crazy-person would come armed with an actual weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yes you would bring a prop correct not a fully functional weapon like a crossbow or firearm right?
    We have received questions about using real weapons like bows or almost real weapons like dull replica swords as props.

You can't record gameplay footage? LOL?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You can't record gameplay footage? LOL?
    Screencamming is shit anyways, and I'm they have invited in people with permissions to special press rooms where they can record.

I can't imagine caring enough to pay hundreds of dollars to go spend time with a bunch of unwashed basement-dwellers and see info that will be instantly leaked online. I'm amused by this list, tho. People actually bring real weapons to this shit and expect to be let in, I wonder?

Jesus, why can't I bring my katana and rocket launcher?

Deleted
    'an opinion that differs from far left wing or you will get banned' should be on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We have received questions about using real weapons like bows or almost real weapons like dull replica swords as props.
    I thought the whole point of cosplay was to come as close to real. Using real seems like cheating.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Yes you would bring a prop correct not a fully functional weapon like a crossbow or firearm right?
    I would, yes (If i was into cosplay)...
    But would others?

I thought the whole point of cosplay was to come as close to real. Using real seems like cheating.
    Really? Cheating whom or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah crushing, edged weapons or long bows kind of cracked me up. I'd pay real money to find out the reason they felt to spell this out.

Blizzards it's not that kind of party break down.
    Well, they even put it on store pizzas that you must remove the plastic crap covering the pizza before putting it in the oven so... >_>
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    'an opinion that differs from far left wing or you will get banned' should be on there.
    At Blizzcon is that a thing. I thought it was about the games.

Deleted
    You can't take a longbow? Even if it has no arrows? That's weird, are they going to strangle people with the bowstring?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would, yes (If i was into cosplay)...
    But would others?

Really? Cheating whom or what?
    I don't know I thought the point was to come as close to the real because it's fantasy. Be like Eddie Murphy showing up to win a Eddie Murphy look alike contest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    Well, they even put it on store pizzas that you must remove the plastic crap covering the pizza before putting it in the oven so... >_>
    lol which lends are they just covering their asses in case. Or has someone visited this misunderstanding in the past?

Deleted
    I don't know I thought the point was to come as close to the real because it's fantasy. Be like Eddie Murphy showing up to win a Eddie Murphy look alike contest.

- - - Updated - - -

lol which lends are they just covering their asses in case. Or has someone visited this misunderstanding in the past?
    Have you watched any of the "Weapons of Azeroth" videos? It is near impossible to get a real weapon look and function the same way it does in the game.
    If you make it close to what you see ingame then OFC you will want to show it off where most people interested in it are going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    So no youtubers will be doing any videos from there then..

As for preventing them recording anything... sounds like they'll be announcing something that shouldn't be leaked
    That's always been a rule. I remember people next to me were taking video while playing the Warlords of Draenor demo and they were removed.

I don't know why it's a big deal considering everyone sees it but that's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you watched any of the "Weapons of Azeroth" videos? It is near impossible to get a real weapon look and function the same way it does in the game.
    If you make it close to what you see ingame then OFC you will want to show it off where most people interested in it are going to be.
    Nope, but I use to kind of snicker about it, until I watched something not "Weapons of Azeroth" But it wasn't just some simple thing, some of these people put hundreds of hours and time and money into these costumes some were pretty amazing.

I mean for something that isn't real to kind of think for a moment it's kind of alive, but yeah I would think a real deal weapon would be cheating, but I will take your words for it because I don't know.

Well if the character you are cosplaying as wields a katana (regular looking one, not like Sephiroth's) who not use a genuine looking sword then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Make a good recording and your video will go viral.

Deleted
    I guess it's my working in security that makes me find this amusing. The filming and camera stuff makes sense, but what is it one might think bringing a short bow or crossbow at Blizzcon is going to be required?
    People trying to bring real cosplay weapons I assume. There's more to Blizzcon than the stands, a LOT of people take it as an opportunity to dress up and this is a game with weapons afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    That you have to be told to not bring any sort of weapon to a convention is well, uhm interesting.
    I was thinking the thin, for me the most interesting part is the prohibition of any recording device, II don't remember that being here for previous years.

I heard Elvis once took part in an Elvis lookalike contest and didn't win.