Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You can literally buy it with gold

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    They also remove all references to it being a charity pet, so whats the problem?
    The usual issue about "micro"transaction bullshit in a subscription game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    "Wauuuughhhhh!!! i don't approve of how u spend moneys!!!! /votekick"

Its astonishing that people that stupid and pathetic actually exist, but hey... online gaming 'communities' (e.g. toxic shitpools) have taught me many things. The things these whiny little man-babies get upset about, goodness...
    Indeed, I do not approve of how people spend money, and I'm gonna retaliate as best as I can. And seeing as people were being kicked left and right, I know I'm not the only one.

EDIT: Also I just sometimes start my arguments with "Wauuuughhhhh!!!".

Deleted
    @Jaylock instantly bought it - there is no greater joy for him than to throw his money at blizzard

Well this time it's indeed cute

Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    So, a new pet was added today to the game, and it says it's from the battle.net store.

I'm sorry but I'm sick of these store pets and mounts, they have no place in a game we pay £40 for expansions, and £10 a month.

This pet, correct me if I'm wrong, is different than ones that have come before it.

I am SICK of this crap!
    https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/907479235475890177
    you got like 50 new mounts + countless pets in legion

puting in 1 pet in store wont hurt you or anyone other whatsoever

also definetly gonna buy it when winter sale/black friday sort of promotion will happen - gotta do somethig this sweet battle net balance i have from excessive gold

Once again, Microtransactions do not have a place in games like this. ALL The content should be available in the game, and I'm not buying the "Buy it with gold" argument, this is a cashgrab plain and simple and is disgusting.
    Microtransactions is the thing that can give you avdantage over other players if you buying it. Pets\mounts\char. transfers does not count.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    You can literally buy it with gold
    also this

Deleted
    So long as they remain cosmetic i'm fine with the store.

You can buy them with tokens, which means they're all available through in-game resources, they don't give any advantage over things otherwise available through the game. It's not like blizzard are exactly skimping with the pets/mounts available in game either, I'd understand the concern if the ONLY way to get ANY mount was through the shop but it's just not accurate. 29 new mounts with Argus, numerous capturable battlepets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    The OP is most certainly never going to have a complete collection: a quick look at the state of his current pet team will tell you that

I find your outrage hilarious OP seeing as this pet is part of the content in-game you have never properly touched anyway.
    It's almost as if playing semi casually for only 5 or 6 months means you're not going to have much of a niche aspect of a game, woah!

Deleted
    So, a new pet was added today to the game, and it says it's from the battle.net store.

I'm sorry but I'm sick of these store pets and mounts, they have no place in a game we pay £40 for expansions, and £10 a month.

This pet, correct me if I'm wrong, is different than ones that have come before it.

I am SICK of this crap!
    https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/907479235475890177
    1) It looks like shit
    2) You can buy it with gold

If it's for a hurricane relief charity I'll get it for sure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The usual issue about "micro"transaction bullshit in a subscription game.
    It's a pet.
    It's also optional.
    Also, it's a pet.
    An optional pet.
    A freaking optional pet.

You are literally crying over pixels.

Deleted
    You know you're spoiled when you get mad that a video game has an optional store with items that are in no way required for the enjoyment of the game.

Cash grab? I've yet to see Blizzard actually forcing me to buy any of those.

I work at a job that actually uses cash grab tricks to get more money out of customers, this isn't even close to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    1) It looks like shit
    2) You can buy it with gold
    Also this, its ugly.

I really can't care much about this. I could see your point if all blizzard did was drop new pets and mounts through the cash shop, but they don't. Look at how many new pets and mounts that were added to the game in 7.3. This also ignore the fact that you can now purchase anything on their cash shop with ingame currency.

If microtransactions bother you that much then maybe you should move on from the game. They've been in the game for most of the past decade and aren't going away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzyxzz View Post
    There is no thing "buy with gold" in the end someone pays the money. Chariety is, when Blizzard earns more money.
    Everyone is paying for the Chariety, but not Blizzard. They partly redirect the money, thats all.
    If they would donate 100% and add an additional 10% of that amount, THAT would be chariety.

Like people who say... i don't give Blizzard any money anymore, i never will! I will only pay with gold! Yeah... you know, that Blizzards earns even more money because of you idiots? Guess what this will bring them $20 instead of $13...

When you buy a game and pay monthly for it, everything else should be free. People who defend the opposite are idiots, they would pay for their own death.
    I never said I cared about how much Blizzard earns from me when I buy stuff with gold. Don't see how paying with in-game currency rather than real money makes me an idiot, when I only pay with gold because there is no point for me to pay for everything Blizzard related with real money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I agree.
    Hopefully we'll see another wave of kicks from raids/dungeons because of store-bought stuff, like it happened with the small tree some years ago.
    People that are doing this are actually worse to the game than some little store bought item.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-09-12 at 10:03 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It's a pet.
    It's also optional.
    Also, it's a pet.
    An optional pet.
    A freaking optional pet.

You are literally crying over pixels.
    Yeah, luckily Blizz has kept these as useless crap so they can be ignored and people who get them ridiculed.

But microtransactions in full priced AAA games are bullshit practice that have become the norm and more and more exploitative (Shadows of War says hi) that games companies keep getting away with because "you can just ignore it".

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    FYI: "Charity" is just another way for blizzard to make money. Whatever they donate to charity gets deducted from their tax, meaning that, blizzard makes money while taxpayers are paying for the tax that blizzard should pay in the first place to the charity. so it is money belonging to blizzard. For once I'd love a company that wouldn't put the charity under its balance sheet.
    The horror of a business trying to make money...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    FYI: "Charity" is just another way for blizzard to make money. Whatever they donate to charity gets deducted from their tax, meaning that, blizzard makes money while taxpayers are paying for the tax that blizzard should pay in the first place to the charity. so it is money belonging to blizzard. For once I'd love a company that wouldn't put the charity under its balance sheet.
    At least they pay their taxes, unlike Coca Cola, Apple, Wallmart and so on.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Complaining about micro-transactions in AAA titles in 2017, lul.

It's the norm now even in single player games, Shadow of War is the worst offender, not only it has micro-transactions, they are also P2W And people are relatively fine w/ it, only couple of reviewers are crying about this, but gamers swallow and ask for more.

Sadly, given how market is, what is and isn't seen as normal now, we should be happy that Blizz only add optional cosmetic stuff to the store, they could do much and much worse things.