Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    The more the democrats act like 4yo's the more that once trump is gone we will just vote into another republican to take his place... after the last year I will never vote for another Democrat after they have shown their true colors.
    Just don't vote another 4 yo Republican into the office, like Trump. Competent Republicans are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Just don't vote another 4 yo Republican into the office, like Trump. Competent Republicans are fine.
    As I said when I edited after reading this and other things Nikki Haley 2020 or 2024
    http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/...nited-nations/

Checks every box... Republican check Superstar check Female check Minority (she's half indian) check.... Would be perfect to put her up against Bernie How would a democrat on the fence justify voting for a 80yo rich white guy over her?... Not to mention she had been an all star who has stood up against everyone in her path even standing up against trump himself at times.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-09-10 at 10:43 PM.

As I said when I edited after reading this and other things Nikki Haley 2020 or 2024
    http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/...nited-nations/

Checks every box... Republican check Female check Minority (she's half indian) check.... Would be perfect to put her up against Bernie How would a democrat on the fence justify voting for a 80yo rich white guy over her?... Not to mention she had been an all star who has stood up against everyone in her path even standing up against trump himself at times.
    She'd likely be better than the 2 last GOP presidents (including this one). I'm not sure I know enough about her beyond what positions she's espoused this year with regards to foreign policy to have a well formed opinion as a candidate as a whole though. But she's at least sane and knowledgeable. If it was her and clinton this past year I'd have a much harder time voting for clinton than I did this time.

Edit: When I say with regards to foreign policy, I mean that she's been fairly clear with her views regarding foreign policy, not that that is what I need a lot of additional information on with regards to her positions.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2017-09-10 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Checks every box... Republican check Superstar check Female check Minority (she's half indian) check.... Would be perfect to put her up against Bernie How would a democrat on the fence justify voting for a 80yo rich white guy over her?... Not to mention she had been an all star who has stood up against everyone in her path even standing up against trump himself at times.
    By deciding on the issues that matter to them. This is only a conundrum if you think identity is some overriding consideration to Democrat voters. It's not.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

By deciding on the issues that matter to them. This is only a conundrum if you think identity is some overriding consideration to Democrat voters. It's not.
    But yet when Obama ran vs Hillary in the democratic PRIMARY he received over 90% of the african american vote in some states and atleast 75%+ in the rest vs Hillary in the primary when both were democrats. Guess it was all about issues there when both were 99% clones of each other. While almost 65% of white democrats voted Hillary over obama.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/pri.../epolls/#ALDEM

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/pri.../epolls/#SCDEM Clinton and edwards split 82% of the white vote obama took 80% of the AA vote in the same state....

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/pri.../epolls/#ILDEM 93 and 96% AA vote for obama

If you think that someone isn't gonna lean towards voting to the person whom they identify with especially in a close race.... Your dead wrong to the facts that the 2008 election proved and even saw some in 2016 with Richie Rubio picking up 60 and 70% of the Hispanic vote in states where he still lost badly with 15% of the overall vote. If your an independent (or borderline democrat/republican) minority and its Bernie vs Nikki Haley Guarantee at least 70% vote for her over him

and its not racism Its Identity politics that the left has talked about endlessly for the last few years talking about how Trump won the election on identity politics when the democrats did the same in 2008 It was just a good strategy of "finding your voting base"....... its just if you like strawberry icecream more than mint and your given a choice between 3 scoops of mint vs 1 strawberry you probably take mint (if one pick is better than the other) but if its 2 scoop strawberry vs 2 scoop mint you take Strawberry everytime.... (equal candidates)
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-09-10 at 11:27 PM.

But yet when Obama ran vs Hillary in the democratic PRIMARY he received over 90% of the african american vote in some states and atleast 80%+ in the rest vs Hillary in the primary when both were democrats. Guess it was all about issues there when both were 99% clones of each other. While almost 65% of white democrats voted Hillary over obama.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/pri.../epolls/#ALDEM

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/pri.../epolls/#SCDEM Clinton and edwards split 82% of the white vote obama took 80% of the AA vote in the same state....

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/pri.../epolls/#ILDEM 93 and 96% AA vote for obama
    Yes, some demographics do this. But you're missing a critical detail: these examples are about Democrats splitting the vote between Democrats in the primary. I.e, situations where the choices had roughly the same ideas. You even mentioned this:
    Guess it was all about issues there when both were 99% clones of each other.
    Yes, when they are '99%' clones of each other, then people are going to pick trivial things to decide who they vote for, because nearly by definition there are no major issues with which to decide. Are Bernie and Haley 99% clones?

If you think that someone isn't gonna lean towards voting to the person whom they identify with especially in a close race.... Your dead wrong to the facts that the 2008 election proved and even saw some in 2016 with Richie Rubio picking up 60 and 70% of the Hispanic vote in states where he still lost badly with 15% of the overall vote. If your an independent (or borderline democrat/republican) minority and its Bernie vs Nikki Haley Guarantee at least 70% vote for her over him
    We seem to be gradually shifting slowly to the right in our hypothetical demographic here.

and its not racism Its Identity politics that the left has talked about endlessly for the last few years talking about how Trump won the election on identity politics when the democrats did the same in 2008....... its just if you like strawberry icecream more than vanilla and your given a choice between 3 scoops of vanilla vs 2 strawberry you probably take strawberry (if one pick is better than the other) but if its 2 scoop strawberry vs 2 scoop vanilla you take Strawberry everytime.... (equal candidates)
    Who said anything about racism? I wrote 3 sentences. 'Racism' was not in any of them.

Yes, some demographics do this. But you're missing a critical detail: these examples are about Democrats splitting the vote between Democrats in the primary. I.e, situations where the choices had roughly the same ideas. You even mentioned this:

Yes, when they are '99%' clones of each other, then people are going to pick trivial things to decide who they vote for, because nearly by definition there are no major issues with which to decide. Are Bernie and Haley 99% clones?

We seem to be gradually shifting slowly to the right in our hypothetical demographic here.

Who said anything about racism? I wrote 3 sentences. 'Racism' was not in any of them.
    Well you seem to be a ok normal democrat unlike half of these forums who are card carrying antifa members. I expected to be called a nazi and a racist within 3 minutes of posting by atleast 2 responces so I made clear to try to show thats its not racism when the the left does it too..

And as to them being same party yes I was just showing that with 0 difference there was still a large gap of "identify politics"/Racial Bias if you want to use the real scientific word.... Most people who are independents hate the democrats as Much as the republicans so there is a good chance they would side with whomever they identify with most and hope for the best. the same way obama vs Hillary was 2 sides of the same coin.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-09-10 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Mueller's investigation is ongoing, as individual people are being called in to testify and hiring their own lawyers (such as Preibus). But at least we should all be grateful he's not just lining the WH staff up and making them all take lie detector tests. I mean, the very idea of that kind of blanket, intrusive investigation -- especially without a warrant or specific probable cause -- sounds kind of unConstitutional to me. Especially since lie detectors are known to be unreliable, and don't make very good evidence in court. In fact, this DoJ page details why polygraphs are not always considered admissible in court, and some of their case history of being thrown out. Man, can you imagine the Department of Justice just carpet-lie detecting everyone? That'd be pretty hard to back up. And horrible for morale. Good to know Mueller's not doing that.

...you see where this is going, right?

Sessions mulling lie detector test for entire NSC staff

Yep, Sessions has told multiple people that he was considering rounding up the entire NSC and making them all take lie detector tests, in the ongoing effort to find out who has been leaking about the Russia investigation.

And that story got leaked. Not sure if "obvious result of poor morale" or "blatant irony in action".

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I'm saying Skroe wants to ignore democracy. If Hillary were elected I would oppose her ideas but I wouldn't think that removing her outside the scope of a democratic process is a desirable or effective way to resolve political disagreements.
    Perhaps you should tell that to Trump.

Well you seem to be a ok normal democrat unlike half of these forums who are card carrying antifa members. I expected to be called a nazi and a racist within 3 minutes of posting by atleast 2 responces so I made clear to try to show thats its not racism when the the left does it too..
    You're a Nazi and a racist.

Better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Hardly. We arrived here through a very complicated interaction of events.

It begins and ends with Russia. We've been commenting and together witnessing Russia's actions around the world for years now. And for years it was "over there". Not so after 2016. I regard, as many security experts do, Russias interference last year as the third attack on the United States since 1940.

In 1941 Imperial Japan attacked the United States, precipitating our involvement in World War II. They used conventional military assets.
    In 2001, Al Qaeda attacked the United States, precipitating our involvement in The War on Terror. Being militarily unassailible, they used civilian infrastructure to do it.
    In 2016, the Russian Federation attacked the United States. Being militarily unassailable (either conventionally or unconventionally), they used cyber-warfare and information warfare to do it.

For years security researchers have been expecting a "Cyber Pearl Harbor". Most expected North Korea to attack a power grid, or cyber-criminals to attack Wall Street.

The 2016 election was that Cyber Pearl Harbor.

The fact that Russia, an aggressive foreign adversary attacked us, should evoke a national response. America should make Russia pay for it in new and terrible ways, for years, even decades to come. We should take everything they hold dear from them, one step at a time. Their wealth. Their security. And then finally, their dignity. Attack us? We attack you. That will discourage other powers from doing it again. If we burn Russia down from afar, then others will be less likely to try their luck.

We'll still do that, but that entire effort has been delayed, even sidetracked, because rather than confront the reality of what Russia did, Trump supporters have made the conscious decision to downplay, deny and outright lie about Russia's interference. To me, that's insane. It's a treason of principle, and a betrayal of our security. No matter the political objective here at home, all that is secondary to our security from foreign assault.

Russia assaulted us, period.

You know what's fascinating? Many of the people I find common cause with against Trump here are the same people who I argued against, for years, when it came to US foreign policy and budget policies; but even more fascinating, conversely, is many people who liked my posts about American defense and criticisms of Obama foreign policy have become people that I'm commonly posting against. It's not uncommon to still see a post like "Skroe I love your military posts, but man your Trump posts..." from these people, or something to that effect.

The thing is... absolutely nothing has changed.

The difference is, whatever I want out of a conservative or a Republican administration is SECOND to the belief that a foreign power that attacks us should be met with nothing less than the full power of this country. There are things Trump is doing that I approve of. Rebuilding our military? Aspects of Nationalism? Cutting (some) regulations? I'm game for all of that. But if I have to choose between getting items on my political wishlist at the cost of remaining silent to Russia's interference, or raising hell and getting none of them, I gladly chose raising hell.

So tell me, how is any of this "weird"? Because I am a man of standards? Because how a person wins matters? Because I have things I value more than another aircraft carrier or a tax cut?

I believe the Trump campaign willfully and enthusiastically colluded with Russia. Russia would help Trump get elected and get Trump Moscow built, and in exchange, Trump would roll back sanctions imposed since 2012 and take pressure off Russia's border in Europe. The circumstantial evidence is there and open. Mueller is building the case that will likely send campaign figures to prison and see Trump indicted for Obstruction of Justice.

My hope is that, when the Muller info-dump comes down, Trump's supporters will see exactly what I'm saying - no matter how much they believe in "MAGA", they become aghast at the fact that Trump collaborated with a foreign adversary to win an election. I don't think they will though. I think they'll do exactly as I and many other Americans did with Iraq and WMDs for years. They'll double talk, delude themselves, lie to stay supporting Trump or retcon their history of support if they drop him.

And even beyond that, the conduct of Trump's campaign - the racism, the lies, the insinuating he wouldn't accept the outcome if Hillary won and so forth - followed by the conduct of his Administration (see: Charlottsville, the Muslim ban, political firings) undermines the most important principle of all: that America be well, governed decently and moderately, and that the Administration be for ALL Americans, rather than just the base. Put aside Trump-Russia, and Trump's own conduct erases any legitimacy he had.

I believe, as Reagan said, that America is the shiny beacon on a hill. But we've become a land of low standards, low goals, and endemic fear. We lie all the time now. We lie about about our accomplishments (that mostly our parents, grandparents or great grandparents made). We lie about basic facts. We lie about things that are hard and inconvenient. The path to righting that is to see the Trump Administration be burned down, because the process of doing that is and will continue America to take a very hard, and very long overdue look in the mirror. If we can't talk honestly about Russia's assault on us, and Americans of all political stripes aren't motivated to make them pay for what they did, regardless of which candidate they supported, then how can we be honest about anything?

Or let me put it this way. If after Trump, the premise that Russia assaulted us and something must be done about it is widely accepted, and Trump's removal is seen as legitimate and right for that interference by the majority of America, than it implies that this country can be managed by appealing to America's sense of honesty and truth... that facts, debate and clear cases can carry the day here... that it is worth appealing to ALL Americans.

Conversely, if Russia's assault is still doubted, and Trump's removal is seen as an illegitimate, undemocratic rollback by 40% of Americans, it implies that the tribalism of this country has reached a point of no return, and "truth" doesn't matter. It implies there is no point appealing to ALL Americans and that we have reached the point where power for powers sake and to reward a political faction, regardless of the broader country, is the norm.

I fear the latter, but I pray for the former. How we deal with Trump in other words, will play a role in deciding whether America continues to be exceptional, or if it declines into a broken shadow of its former self.
    Although I do work in a specialized niche of the IT industy, beyond that I've no particular or unique security experience - I am, for want of a better description, a "security fan" or perhaps security hobbyist. I first encountered the phrase 'Cyber Pearl Harbor' (to later be occassionally replaced with 'Cyber 9/11') decades ago, and I considered the phrase to be nonsense, used exclusively by out-of-touch fogies trying to 'get the cyber' or by snake-oil salesmen catering to the same.

And I'm definitely one of the people who argued long and vehemently against Skroe's ideas for what the US should have been doing geopolitically - but for all that disagreement, he was definitely (with one tiny caveat I'll address in a bit) right that Russia was (and is) a threat to the United States. Not in any conventional sense - the possibility to Russia "winning" any sort of conventional or nuclear war with the US are cosmically infintesimal (and basically amount to the US government throwing in the towel early on), but in new, qualitatively different classes of conflict that leave 4th generation war in the dust.

This is the first time I've seen it expressed as such, but I think Skroe's description here is the most elegantly succinct one I have read or heard of "Trump's" victory - as a real Cyber Pearl Harbor; it's like something out of post-cyberpunk SF, except that SF is constrained by needing to suspend disbelief. What's so damnably horrifying about it is that it ultimately doesn't even matter that much if Trump (and/or his campaign) colluded with Russia to a greater degree than is already known - Russia wanted Trump elected because he would damage the United States at a vulnerable moment in it's unfolding history by being worse than the worst conceivable President. (And I don't mean that simply in terms of politics - I mean that Trump is actively damaging to the continued health of the United States as a functioning political, economic, and social entity.) And they succeeded: Russia pulled a large number of strings, that Russian interference was key to Trump's victory is near-certain, and Trump is weakening the US in ways that any rival/opponent could scarcely dream of.

This was a salvo in a sort of geo-political struggle that most people today don't even realize exists, much less understand (hell, I doubt I really understand it, and many of the participants probably don't either, especially the ones who think they do), and it hit it's mark - the ship is holed at the waterline and the new captain (who cannot swiftly be replaced without making the problem worse) is incapable of running the ship under normal circumstances, is now actively taking actions to make the damage worse (at which point his motives don't matter). The nascent domestic forces that might be able to fight back against the kind of assault Russia (getting to that caveat) is still subjecting the United States to are themselves caught up in an intra-national life or death struggle where decades of poor choices and failures are being leveraged against them in the service of their own destruction.

If it is going to survive, the United States needs to legally and peacefully remove Trump, excise the stew of civilizationally toxic memes (which, while they did not originate with him, have been greatly magnified with his emergence) without killing the patient, and then secure itself against further such attacks while simultaneously establishing a government that is both far more functional and more legitimate than any the United States has possessed in my lifetime.

Truly, I don't think the United States can do it - I think the U.S. is going to break (I've thought that for a while, but my rough target date used to be 2050 - with the advent of Trump that's moving up to about 2027, give or take a few), and the result is going to be, really, really ugly (I could be being overdramatic - it's quite possible for the United States to fail non-catastrophically, more of a gradual Roman Empire-style decline than a minor national or global apocalypse, but in any case, it will not be a pleasant place to be; hell, if you can get out, it isn't that pleasant a place to be now). Historically, empires that expand to the point of bloated senescence never reform from within - they die; the only variable is how. Is the United States going to be the British Empire? The Spanish Empire? The Roman Empire? The Soviet Union? I have no special insight, but to me, from what I've seen and can see the U.S. resembles it's own version of pre-Collapse Soviet Union quite a bit. My advice to anyone who can (and who doesn't want to live in the Gilded Republic of Gilead that a nation run by the Trump-wing of the GOP will become in shockingly short order) is to get out as best you can (and I know that's not easy, and a big sacrifice, but my gut says people who leave now will end up looking like those who got out of Germany in the early 30s; and it is a very tough call, because of the cost on many, many axes - if you're not going to get out, then do everything you can to stop Trump and his ilk, or you and your descendents will regret it).

In any case, I sincerely hope that both the United States and humanity in general can survive and prosper from our evolution into a species possessed of both hyper-wealth and technological near-telepathy (but I think the smart money is on a good deal of chaos first, with a probability of something like William Gibson's Jackpot in the mix as well - for anything worse than The Jackpot, modern humans probably wouldn't wish to survive, and our civilization won't). John Robb has some writing along related lines that anyone who finds all this interesting will likely find worth reading:

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/

As for the caveat about Russia being a major source of America's current woes as it struggles with the real impact of a new generation of mass communication, I suspect with high probability that it really is Russia - they're winning via superior OODA loops, a different mindset, and similar reasons, not sheer technical superiority, but... if a power could successfully frame one rival for attacking another, it would do so with near certainty. (I.e. I think there's a small, but non-zero probability that "Russian" interference in America's 2016 election (and beyond) was some aspect of another power, either near-peer, or a very clever and well-funded state or non-state actor, playing the classic game of "let's you and him fight".)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    My advice to anyone who can (and who doesn't want to live in the Gilded Republic of Gilead that a nation run by the Trump-wing of the GOP will become in shockingly short order) is to get out as best you can (and I know that's not easy, and a big sacrifice, but my gut says people who leave now will end up looking like those who got out of Germany in the early 30s; and it is a very tough call, because of the cost on many, many axes - if you're not going to get out, then do everything you can to stop Trump and his ilk, or you and your descendents will regret it).
    Some of us already are doing exactly that. Actually both scenarios.

Since literally around 4am on Nov 9th, 2016 - I've dedicated my life towards a specific plan. 1) Stop Dumbass Donnie and 2) Prepare myself for an exit strategy if it fails.

I won't go into the details of the exit strategy, but - in short - while doing my damnest to condemn and stop Dumb Dumb Donnie and his gang of Deplorables - I've been secretly also putting in place elements for me to safely execute a departure from this country should the need arise. It's actually very liberating as it really helps you minimize things down to being happy with only what you need rather than want. ^_^

My current basic outline in a nutshell is this: Do Both (Fight Dump while setting up escape strategy) until the 2018 midterms in November. Depending on the results of those - I will either continue to both fight Dumbass Donnie and the exit strategy, and simply reset my goal-post to 2020 - or switch focus over to complete departure to join the rest of the human race towards making a better future. To me, 2018 is a perfect barometer to gauge the stupidity of this country's people. If the dumbasses (combined with massive gerrymandered districts) continue to want a fukwit racist bigoted crybaby manchild emperor, despite all the horrible things he's done, than there's no point in fighting against the reality of the idiocracy that has swept this country. All I can do is find a new home and prevent the New American Stupidity™ from spreading to the rest of the human race.

You compare what's happening to America to Germany in the 1930s...while I do get the similarities, I actually disagree - I think it's becoming North Korea of today.

The Deplorables are, quite literally, saying that Dumbass Dump was chosen by God to lead this country (I'm guessing their belief is God voted through people? o_O). They don't care about hiding hypocrisy anymore, and they don't care about hiding the fact they ignore facts. They WANT to be ruled by a magical God-King! They believe so much of the Republican Rhetoric that they think the outside world is nothing but some Socialsit Marxist Nightmare mixed with Anti-Christian religious heathens hell-bend on taking away their "freedums". They deny science, reason and fact in order to bolster their Selfish-Interests in protecting their egos from begin wrong - up to the point of making Dump as if he's the second comming of Christ.

This is how North Korea happened, a land of idiots who - after decades of propaganda, isolationism, and fear-based rhetoric - convinced themselves that their leader is a God who walks on rainbows (LITERALLY! This is not a joke! They believe he crosses the two mountain peaks in NK if a rainbow appears!) that can read your minds if your having bad thoughts of him. And this is where the difference between German 1930 and North Korea is - Through isolation of information, science and the rest of the world - NK has bred a little world seething in hatred, fear, pain and stupidity for the sole benefit of ONE person - the patriarch who bears the family name of "Kim-Jong". This is what Dumbass Donnie wants for himself and America. Not to "Make America Great again" - but for America to make HIM "great"! Hitler (for all his horribleness) believed he was somehow improving the Human Race. Dumbass Dipshit Don-Don doesn't give a damn about anybody else other than himself and his family. Fukwit Dump's only goals is to make himself richer while making the rest poorer to satisfy his ego. He will only go to war insofar as it hurts his ego/image - not for any form of ideology or belief.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2017-09-12 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    Threads like these is what makes this forum so enjoyable. You usually have to pay for entertainment of this caliber. Keep up the good work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Threads like these is what makes this forum so enjoyable. You usually have to pay for entertainment of this caliber. Keep up the good work!
    Trump is a reality TV celebrity, who collects a pension from Screen Actors Guild. You are paying for this entertainment...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Posts like this are what makes this forum so enjoyable. You usually have to pay for entertainment of this caliber. Keep up the good(?) work! Emoticon

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    While I agree that things are moving along in the investigation and none of it looks good for Trump I wouldn't go around spouting how he is already out and making it seem like things are already done and "won". That kind of cockiness usually doesn't end well.
    Favorite moment of this forum was when somebody screenshotted Skroe's long post before the election saying how Trump would lose badly and how all Trump supporters would be cast off into oblivion.

His arrogance is quite fun to watch if it fails.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Favorite moment of this forum was when somebody screenshotted Skroe's long post before the election saying how Trump would lose badly and how all Trump supporters would be cast off into oblivion.

His arrogance is quite fun to watch if it fails.
    That was one of the more memorable ones, for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    . My advice to anyone who can (and who doesn't want to live in the Gilded Republic of Gilead that a nation run by the Trump-wing of the GOP will become in shockingly short order) is to get out as best you can (and I know that's not easy, and a big sacrifice, but my gut says people who leave now will end up looking like those who got out of Germany in the early 30s; and it is a very tough call, because of the cost on many, many axes - if you're not going to get out, then do everything you can to stop Trump and his ilk, or you and your descendents will regret it)

Holy shit this is pure gold. What pure fantasy has the media been feeding you to propel this hysteria and paranoia forward?

- - - Updated - - -

That was one of the more memorable ones, for sure.
    I think that is the moment that cracked him and made him into the nutter.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Some of us already are doing exactly that. Actually both scenarios.

Since literally around 4am on Nov 9th, 2016 - I've dedicated my life towards a specific plan. 1) Stop Dumbass Donnie and 2) Prepare myself for an exit strategy if it fails.

I won't go into the details of the exit strategy, but - in short - while doing my damnest to condemn and stop Dumb Dumb Donnie and his gang of Deplorables - I've been secretly also putting in place elements for me to safely execute a departure from this country should the need arise. It's actually very liberating as it really helps you minimize things down to being happy with only what you need rather than want. ^_^

My current basic outline in a nutshell is this: Do Both (Fight Dump while setting up escape strategy) until the 2018 midterms in November. Depending on the results of those - I will either continue to both fight Dumbass Donnie and the exit strategy, and simply reset my goal-post to 2020 - or switch focus over to complete departure to join the rest of the human race towards making a better future. To me, 2018 is a perfect barometer to gauge the stupidity of this country's people. If the dumbasses (combined with massive gerrymandered districts) continue to want a fukwit racist bigoted crybaby manchild emperor, despite all the horrible things he's done, than there's no point in fighting against the reality of the idiocracy that has swept this country. All I can do is find a new home and prevent the New American Stupidity™ from spreading to the rest of the human race.

You compare what's happening to America to Germany in the 1930s...while I do get the similarities, I actually disagree - I think it's becoming North Korea of today.

The Deplorables are, quite literally, saying that Dumbass Dump was chosen by God to lead this country (I'm guessing their belief is God voted through people? o_O). They don't care about hiding hypocrisy anymore, and they don't care about hiding the fact they ignore facts. They WANT to be ruled by a magical God-King! They believe so much of the Republican Rhetoric that they think the outside world is nothing but some Socialsit Marxist Nightmare mixed with Anti-Christian religious heathens hell-bend on taking away their "freedums". They deny science, reason and fact in order to bolster their Selfish-Interests in protecting their egos from begin wrong - up to the point of making Dump as if he's the second comming of Christ.

This is how North Korea happened, a land of idiots who - after decades of propaganda, isolationism, and fear-based rhetoric - convinced themselves that their leader is a God who walks on rainbows (LITERALLY! This is not a joke! They believe he crosses the two mountain peaks in NK if a rainbow appears!) that can read your minds if your having bad thoughts of him. And this is where the difference between German 1930 and North Korea is - Through isolation of information, science and the rest of the world - NK has bred a little world seething in hatred, fear, pain and stupidity for the sole benefit of ONE person - the patriarch who bears the family name of "Kim-Jong". This is what Dumbass Donnie wants for himself and America. Not to "Make America Great again" - but for America to make HIM "great"! Hitler (for all his horribleness) believed he was somehow improving the Human Race. Dumbass Dipshit Don-Don doesn't give a damn about anybody else other than himself and his family. Fukwit Dump's only goals is to make himself richer while making the rest poorer to satisfy his ego. He will only go to war insofar as it hurts his ego/image - not for any form of ideology or belief.
    Same here - me and my family have set our exit date predicated on Donnie Dumb Ass being on the 2020 ticket, rather than 2018, but it's the same basic principle. Curious as to which country(ies) you're looking at - we're mostly reviewing Europe, with Canada as a backup - for us that decision is loosely based on available employment rather than any other factor - Canada is great (eh!).

I could not agree more with your summary of the situation. While I follow Skroe and other's efforts, and I fully understand the necessarily glacial path Mueller has to take before dumping Donnie Dum Dum, I fear that the worst will rise up and cast aside the remaining logic and reason, keeping the Deplorables in power and finally fully squandering perhaps the greatest (potential) nation in the history of the world. Hopefully the human race will recover.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm not a fan of DJT, but I feel like there are a lot of people here a d otherwise with a irrational hatred of trump.
    Trump Derangement Syndrome.

They acted like Trump personally walked in and punched their mothers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Trump Derangement Syndrome.

They acted like Trump personally walked in and punched their mothers.
    No, not mothers. It seems like Trump's incompetence is making people feel like he is punching the country. It's not like Trump's support disagree, at least those worshiping the lord of Kek.

That's kinda the problem, from my perspective, a large portion of Trump's support is deranged. You can point at the people's reaction to Trump doing or saying thing they disagree with as deranged... but, I see Trump as the lord of kek, as a far more deranged opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm not a fan of DJT, but I feel like there are a lot of people here a d otherwise with a irrational hatred of trump.
    Did you believe that Hillary and Trump were the worst two candidates in history? If you did, like seemingly the majority, why is it now irrational to air a negative opinion about the worst candidate to ever win an election?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi