Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"...all of the best players..."

So under Class Balance (mmo front page today) you can find:

"* If a certain spec is seen as being slightly better, all of the best players will switch to that spec. This makes the other specs look significantly weaker, as the people logging other specs aren't as strong of players."

What that seems to say is, 'they' seem to think that 'best' are the ones with the quickest reflexes. While that can be partly true, I would rather they define 'best players' as the ones who play the class/spec they most have fun with lore/story/style wise.

Acti-Blizzard, your 'golden customer' is NOT the few who have every class on standby and switch comps/specs with every patch, PLEASE IGNORE THEM as they will sub regardless .. THEY PLAY every class haha ..

Make sure the other 9x% are having the bestest gaming experience humanly possible because they do leave!

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-08-04 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

"* If a certain spec is seen as being slightly better, all of the best players will switch to that spec. This makes the other specs look significantly weaker, as the people logging other specs aren't as strong of players."

What that seems to say is, 'they' seem to think that 'best' are the ones with the quickest reflexes. While that can be partly true, I would rather they define 'best players' as the ones who play the class/spec they most have fun with lore/story/style wise.

Acti-Blizzard, your 'golden customer' is NOT the few who have every class on standby and switch comps/specs with every patch, PLEASE IGNORE THEM as they will sub regardless .. THEY PLAY every class haha ..

Make sure the other 9x% are having the bestest gaming experience humanly possible because they do leave!

Thoughts?
    Best players = highest performers. Playing you're particular favourite spec well is all well and good, but adaptability/versatility whilst maintaining or exceeding their performance in different specs makes them the best. Someone good at many specs > someone good at one.

Literally nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

What thoughts? That the dumbest shit i ever heard as a counter-argument.

"Best players those that have most fun with lore (lol) and story (lol)".

So apparently because i have fun swimming, i should go challenge Phelps tomorrow cause my fun is more important than one of the fastest swimmers ever.

Class balance always happens around the best players for a reason, they show the actual statistics compared to what the average scrub can do, which is what Blizzard cares about.

And you are confusing "Best player"with FOTM reroller, those are two completely different things.

A "best player" will maximize his characters, cause its how he is , better than the average person at this certain game.

The FOTM reroller is someone that cant accept the problem lies with him and simply follows the trend of what the best player is currently playing.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-08-04 at 07:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, fotm rerollers ruin statistic, it's not something new

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    A "best player" will maximize his characters, cause its how he is , better than the average person at this certain game.

The FOTM reroller is someone that cant accept the problem lies with him and simply follows the trend of what the best player is currently playing.
    in case of infinite progression and infinite time available for a player - he will have infinite power. Which is fine for a RPG, but not fine for a MMORPG.
    Blizzard deliberately roadblocks character progression against certain best players with maximum skill and amount of time - where do they put said excessive time when they can't progress further? Other characters. That's why they have an option to choose between numbers of characters and play them at equal skill. Us, regular players (and if you do think that you are not just a regular player sitting on your two characters - you are mistaken) don't have either time or skill or both to play at this level, that's where balancing comes in - best players and fotm rerollers are important for statistics, but they are not at all "targeted audience"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I purposely pick the fotm and push padding in bgs. My first character was a rogue, then hunter, then palladin, then warr, and now dh. All while farming people in bgs with broken characters.

Currently I am running DH with demon blades and chaos blades. Paired with demon inside and momentum, as well as felblade. Basically when I bust cds I kill 4-5 people easily just by spamming felblade chaos strike.

I purposely make people hate random bgs. If you have ever ran into Cryptcid, Demu, Huntardqt, or Bunchy from Kil'j just know I am making blizz see how broken these classes are.

Thoughts?
    I don't think they are talking about pvp in this statement.

That being said, I do believe most people reroll if another class is decently better, very few people I know stick to their class/spec in hardest times* and even those who do are mostly very casual players. I am playing very casually right now, hence I don't really see a need to reroll even though my main (feral druid) is pretty crappy right now, if I was trying to get an arena title I would probably have rerolled or would be playing an alt.

* Save specific periods, for instance, during the start of legion a lot of people stick with their bad classes because of the artifact power farm
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Literally nonsense.
    Welcome to Cempa threads.

Thoughts?

Good post.

Let me add that cookie cutter templates makes this problem worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunchy View Post
    I purposely pick the fotm and push padding in bgs.

I purposely make people hate random bgs.
    What a fulfilling life you must lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    my main (feral druid) is pretty crappy right now, if I was trying to get an arena title I would probably have rerolled or would be playing an alt.
    Agreed for RBGS but in my 2s cap wins this week I met 3 feral + disc priests at 2.1+ mmr (out of 13 games) and they didn't seem that crappy. Not sure on 3s, can imagine you are a bit squishy for that but I can imagine Jungle with MM and feral + frost mage being pretty decent. I guess strength of sub rogues is screwing you more than anything at the moment.
    Last edited by mmoc3ba5f2479e; 2017-08-10 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgey View Post
    What a fulfilling life you must lead.

Agreed for RBGS but in my 2s cap wins this week I met 3 feral + disc priests at 2.1+ mmr (out of 13 games) and they didn't seem that crappy. Not sure on 3s, can imagine you are a bit squishy for that but I can imagine Jungle with MM and feral + frost mage being pretty decent. I guess strength of sub rogues is screwing you more than anything at the moment.
    It is not impossible, it is just so much easier that you will have better result playing as DH, Warrior or rogue to some extent. When I got my Duelist title during WoD S1 I was playing horde (5% representation) and feral (2% representation). God comp and RMD were much, much more effective than Jungle, but jungle was still viable (actually I think WoD S1 was the only season I played that every singular spec had a glad viable comp).

In other words, Warrior and DH have higher damage, MUCH higher survival and higher utility (lol 50s single target melee stun). The only unique good feature a feral brings is the ferocious wound, which is great, but not as useful when the other classes can put so much damage at such lower risk of dying, not to mention that a huge part of the feral damage can simply be offensive dispelled,
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

When 'best player' is defined on the reaction-time side, you get design that is heavy on the mechanic side. When 'best player' is defined on the group-play side, you get mechanics that are heavy on the group-cooperation (team play) side. PvP wise design would also shift from what we see today, towards game play that is based more on what your team does as a unit.

PvE encounters are a mix between scripted mechanics and what other members of the party-raid do ability wise to/with each other. That mix can shift from one end of the spectrum (mechanic) to the other end (human group). PvP wise we see design that also either emphasis team play (all aspects from CC to damage to utility and support) or goes the other way and puts much more focus on the individual player by having burst and some CC coordination rewarded. The more CC you find in PvP, the less design work is needed .. a crutch of sorts.

I can't speak for the masses but personally would much rather play PvE that has far less scripted mechanics and more interaction human-team design. As a quick example in Legion, we have an encounter where a member of the team has to pick up a 'shield' and point it towards bad things, the rest of the team needs to then recognize the script and pass it successfully by working together as humans. Another example is KJ, players need to 'think' and soak up damage (think Armageddon Rain) .. Imagine if that could be extended to PvP, for example any player under a hard CC, would have damage split by x% for every human group member within Xyrd .. I'm not saying that as a specific recommendation, just as an example of how PvP wise we need more game play that reward more team game play other than 'burst'. Many other encounters pretty much ignore my team, all one has to do is avoid 'sh*t' ..

PvP, while I can not speak to R1 game play, for the casual player you really need very little awareness of own team members beyond being in range and reacting to your healer being focused. CC that breaks on damage is rarely rewarding to its full potential, instead its -he who stuns more- that wins the race. It's all about heavily stacking burst as quickly as possible while squeezing in as much hard CC as you can .. Pretty much that wins the race every single time ..

Over the years WoW design has swung from one side to the other, especially PvP wise. DH is the poster boy child of what is WoW PvP design today. Almost scripted (rotation) based game play that is heavy on stuns and rewards mongloid play.

Ending point: Pruning .. I am a fan of smaller number of abilities but more meaningful abilities .. What we got today is some of that true, but we also got dumbing down of game play ESPECIALLY for melee. It began with the easing of facing requirement to increased range to more gap closer to more ranged abilities to more CC to more movement ..

How many new ranged DPS specs added since the launch of WoW?
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-08-11 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    When 'best player' is defined on the reaction-time side, you get design that is heavy on the mechanic side. When 'best player' is defined on the group-play side, you get mechanics that are heavy on the group-cooperation (team play) side. PvP wise design would also shift from what we see today, towards game play that is based more on what your team does as a unit.

PvE encounters are a mix between scripted mechanics and what other members of the party-raid do ability wise to/with each other. That mix can shift from one end of the spectrum (mechanic) to the other end (human group). PvP wise we see design that also either emphasis team play (all aspects from CC to damage to utility and support) or goes the other way and puts much more focus on the individual player by having burst and some CC coordination rewarded. The more CC you find in PvP, the less design work is needed .. a crutch of sorts.

I can't speak for the masses but personally would much rather play PvE that has far less scripted mechanics and more interaction human-team design. As a quick example in Legion, we have an encounter where a member of the team has to pick up a 'shield' and point it towards bad things, the rest of the team needs to then recognize the script and pass it successfully by working together as humans. Many other encounters pretty much ignore my team, all one has to do is avoid 'sh*t' ..

PvP, while I can not speak to R1 game play, for the casual player you really need very little awareness of own team members beyond being in range and reacting to your healer being focused. CC that breaks on damage is rarely rewarding to its full potential, instead its -he who stuns more- that wins the race. It's all about heavily stacking burst as quickly as possible while squeezing in as much hard CC as you can .. Pretty much that wins the race every single time ..

Over the years WoW design has swung from one side to the other, especially PvP wise. DH is the poster boy child of what is WoW PvP design today. Almost scripted (rotation) based game play that is heavy on stuns and rewards mongloid play.

The best players are the ones doing the hardest content the fastest.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    The best players are the ones doing the hardest content the fastest.

/thread
    I have no problem with that at all, my problem is the kind of content we have today has produced a generation of best players that are falling in numbers. I completely accept what you said and my criticism is of the 'content' Acti-Blizz has given us in Legion both PvE and PvP wise ..

PS PvP wise content to me is rewarding 'monglid' game play. (Mongoloid: Derogatory term used to define without thought or strategy. When "Mongo-damage" is used, it's usually referring to a large amount of easily applied damage. E.G. Any melee popping all their cooldowns at once.)
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-08-11 at 06:39 AM.

Deleted
    Yawn who cares? Just hit things till they are dead and if that doesn't work, throw your computer out of a window.

Quote Originally Posted by TirionFordring View Post
    Yawn who cares? Just hit things till they are dead and if that doesn't work, throw your computer out of a window.
    That's not good for whom or whatever is outside my window AND its definitely not good for my computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunchy View Post
    I purposely pick the fotm and push padding in bgs. My first character was a rogue, then hunter, then palladin, then warr, and now dh. All while farming people in bgs with broken characters.

Currently I am running DH with demon blades and chaos blades. Paired with demon inside and momentum, as well as felblade. Basically when I bust cds I kill 4-5 people easily just by spamming felblade chaos strike.

I purposely make people hate random bgs. If you have ever ran into Cryptcid, Demu, Huntardqt, or Bunchy from Kil'j just know I am making blizz see how broken these classes are.

So, you only do OP specs because you're showing Blizz how broken their design is and thinking they'll improve it? That's hilarious.

Here's some news: Blizz already knows how fucked up PvP is. But they won't do anything about it until/unless it suits their profit margins. They don't care about what some FotM'er is doing.

You run OP specs for the reasons everyone else that runs them do: your e-peen to top meters, and you'd get owned on a non-OP spec. You just want easy-mode "I win!".

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Caolela banned?

The forums could potentially be saved!

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    What thoughts? That the dumbest shit i ever heard as a counter-argument.

"Best players those that have most fun with lore (lol) and story (lol)".

So apparently because i have fun swimming, i should go challenge Phelps tomorrow cause my fun is more important than one of the fastest swimmers ever.

Class balance always happens around the best players for a reason, they show the actual statistics compared to what the average scrub can do, which is what Blizzard cares about.

And you are confusing "Best player"with FOTM reroller, those are two completely different things.

Y'all are confusing "best player" with "most accomplished player" OK.

I am FAR from the most accomplished player for (rated) PvP, but that DOES NOT stop me from being "the best."

The truth is, that basically none of you in the community even know what "good" is in the grand scheme of things.

Only I do, and it's because I am now in a league of my own skill wise, and thus nobody else even can understand for now.

So probably just go back to arguing about what you don't even understand there.

*Rolls eyes*
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-15 at 03:32 AM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

yeh like all of the best elemental shamans rerolled to mage or boomkin lmao.

good one blizz keep pretending you know what you're talking about.