Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Just listen here....

Hmm could be. Doubt they would create a new theme just for that video. But what can be gleamed from that theme? Sounds like a lot of drums. War? Alliance and Horde conflict again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Hmm could be. Doubt they would create a new theme just for that video. But what can be gleamed from that theme? Sounds like a lot of drums. War? Alliance and Horde conflict again?
    Sounds more like the Warlords theme tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    Sounds more like the Warlords theme tbh.
    It's different.

Deleted
    This sound very similar to the theme from the classic log in screen...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Think the theme is hinting towards legacy servers/ wc3 remastered myself.
    I hope you are right

Considering that music is applied to login screen very late come an expansion release it is most likely so that the music is made very late in the development cycle. It being done already is very unlikely and since the login screen reveals and music is usually a very big deal I don't see why they should put it in a little promo vid for Blizzcon.

Deleted
    I'm getting a sort of adventurish/naval warfare vibe from it but that might just be my bias.
    If the next expansion involves kul'tiras I can see that theme fitting very well.

Its gives me vibes like ship going through storm in sea. I don't know why.

7+ Year Old Account
    I could care less as long as jaina is not killed off... shes my favorite lore character
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    The infinite Dragonflight, related with the deaths of Chromie along with the void and... ah, nvm.
    George doesn't have a sense of humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

It's possible, but the amount of editing that would need, is some time but it has the basic structure of the tune.

I'd rather wait till Blizzcon to see a reveal.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just half "legends of azeroth" theme and half "Wrath of the lich king theme" respectively with a little bit of drums on top, its not a new theme and it sounds horribly edited, like it was done in a couple of minutes. This is a nothing burger people...
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    These chains sounds are kinda time/hourglass-ish.
    I actually thought the same thing there is also that one bit that kind of repeats itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    This is just half "legends of azeroth" theme and half "Wrath of the lich king theme" respectively with a little bit of drums on top, its not a new theme and it sounds horribly edited, like it was done in a couple of minutes. This is a nothing burger people...
    Also this

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Considering that music is applied to login screen very late come an expansion release it is most likely so that the music is made very late in the development cycle. It being done already is very unlikely and since the login screen reveals and music is usually a very big deal I don't see why they should put it in a little promo vid for Blizzcon.
    The music is applied to the screen late (because the screen is put in fairly late), but it is made quite early in the development cycle. We can tell this is the case, because the music in the announcement trailers is almost always a sample of the login theme.

It definitely isn't. All of the login music has that section of legends of Azeroth. The "new" part is certainly derived from the Wrath theme, but it is clearly not the same. If nothing else, it's appears to be an alternate recording of the section, based on how the strings in the background are much clearer.

At which point you have to ask yourself why they would bother doing all this? Even if we go your route, and assume it's just a cut of Vanilla and Wrath, why would they bother doing that for 2 minute teaser for an event? Why wouldn't they just use Wrath's version of the legends opening? Why would they bother adding in new drums? They have a thousand music pieces they could have just put on there like they do in all their other videos, so why take the time to specially edit this one?
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-09-12 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It definitely isn't. All of the login music has that section of legends of Azeroth. The "new" part is certainly derived from the Wrath theme, but it is clearly not the same. If nothing else, it's appears to be an alternate recording of the section, based on how the strings in the background are much clearer.
    Dude, it is. You have the two songs on spotify to listen, you can clearly hear that its indeed the two songs with something extra added on top, and also you can clearly listen to the looped parts, that's why I said its horribly edited.

Also "its derived from the theme, but clearly not the same"... well, they wanted it to look more epic so... do people forget about editing? I can edit it if you want, to prove you wrong.

Edit: and here it is! a 2 minute edit done by me
    Last edited by Pantupino; 2017-09-12 at 10:40 PM.
    [/URL]

Exactly what I thought about it. Didn't hear anything new.
    (or maybe my ears are not the same after all these years, but still...)