Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I got married 3 days ago and I told the DJ that if he played despashito I would not pay him for the evening.

I don't know why anyone would like this garbage
    Tastes are subjective. I personally don't like it either, but I understand why other people like it. It is a dance song, and many really like to dance.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

If you force feed people a song enough times they'll eventually like it and that's what the pop music industry do. They tell you what's good and what you're supposed to listen to. Despacito is an easy song to listen to and easy to force feed to people. Sadly it won't work with metal.

Personally I don't have a vendetta with the song as many others seem to have. I listen to Spotify in the car and don't really go out clubbing anymore so I suppose I haven't heard it as much as others.

But I do however think it's funny that it sounds like he sing "my sore ass on the darkest day" in the beginning of the song.
    Last edited by babyback; 2017-09-12 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I got married 3 days ago and I told the DJ that if he played despashito I would not pay him for the evening.

I don't know why anyone would like this garbage
    Because most people consider the most exciting things in life to be sex and love. So that's literally the only thing songs are written about. Everyone starts feeling like there will be sex or love every summer, and this was timed nicely with that. When you combine the fact that this played in the background as people presumably met their newfound sexmate in clubs/on beaches, and the fact that this has a really good melody for dancing... There's absolutely nothing weird about this song being popular.

Personally, I'm waiting for some new themes in music, fuck sex and fuck love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    If you force feed people a song enough times they'll eventually like it and that's what the pop music industry do. They tell you what's good and what you're supposed to listen to. Despacito is an easy song to listen to and easy to force feed to people. Sadly it won't work with metal.

Personally I don't have a vendetta with the song as many others seem to have. I listen to Spotify in the car and don't really go out clubbing anymore so I suppose I haven't heard it as much as others.
    You hit the nail on the head. It's basically aural indoctrination.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It's a good song, that's it. It's a mix of our boiii Justin and foreign producers.

Because Justin Bieber is a GOD

To be honest (and this'll probably get a lot of hate), for me, because I don't speak Spanish and thus cannot really understand the lyrics the couple times I've heard the song, it sounded like any other song they play on the Latin pop music stations that I've listened to at work. Couple that with not really listening to the radio much (much prefer Spotify and choosing specifically what I listen to), and I don't really care for it much. *shrugs* Then again, I mostly listen to classic rock, so it also just isn't much my type of music.

Deleted
    50 year old men arguing about why they don't like a song aimed primarily at teen/tween girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Because most people consider the most exciting things in life to be sex and love. So that's literally the only thing songs are written about. Everyone starts feeling like there will be sex or love every summer, and this was timed nicely with that. When you combine the fact that this played in the background as people presumably met their newfound sexmate in clubs/on beaches, and the fact that this has a really good melody for dancing... There's absolutely nothing weird about this song being popular.

Personally, I'm waiting for some new themes in music, fuck sex and fuck love.
    99% don't know what the fuck the song is about.

15+ Year Old Account
    I keep wondering why this song is doing so well considering its a pretty terrible song, tbh i dont get why spanish songs are so popular these days, when i hear this song on the radio i change to a different frequency tho its good that most of my favorite radio stations stopped playing this.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-09-12 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    More than 3.5 billion views on YT, 15 weeks straight at the Billboard top spot, played in every retail shop...

Is it Justin Bieber? The beat?

Personally I find it very catchy and danceable. It kinda reminds me of two other summer hits: "Danza Kuduro" and "Ai Se Eu Te Pego".
    Because I like to humour the idea of Justin Bieber not understanding a damn thing about the song. Or maybe the fact that it is apparently his song but he's more or less the minimum.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    And the edgy post of the day goes to....!

Ontopic:

1. Catchy summer songs are catchy

2. Easier and easier global access to the internet
    On Topic

Im with Forgettable on this, ive never even heard about this song until right now.

Off Topic [Beforehand Im sick,4days no food,barely sleep and ranting soo if you meant it in a sarcastic way with the edgy just ignore the rest so many people say edgy now a days and mean it and its bullshit because they are idiots for even saying it]

But just cause you were an ass for no reason to him for instantly trying to put the dude down for not knowing about a song. And yeah you were trying to put him down with saying edgy that's why the people with illusory superiority turned the word into a corrupted form of what it once was. So they can use it and say oh you don't like/heard of popularly stuff you're "edgy" for the sake or trying to seem cool and not mainstream.

If you meant it in the real way then you'd have used edgy to describe those THAT HAVE heard of the song since the song like every other song is a trend of the times and fades. New and edgy is the words used for movies,books,songs and any form of entertainment. Because its a trend.

TLDR: You were being a dolt because someone never heard of a song. [Dont quote me please]
    Last edited by Raptor With a Saber; 2017-09-12 at 07:11 PM.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Because it has part of the beat for Macarena.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Because of lax border policy with Mexico. The wall didn't go up soon enough and now all our children speak Spanish.

Reggaeton is so not a Mexican thing what the fuck. Do you think salsa is Mexican too?

10+ Year Old Account
    99% don't know what the fuck the song is about.
    Just like Foster The People - Pumped up Kicks, and that was in plain english! People were loving a song about school shootings. Dancing, Toasting, and Celebrating to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Reggaeton is so not a Mexican thing what the fuck. Do you think salsa is Mexican too?
    I blocked that jack ass years ago. Nothing but garbage comes from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this the guy who beat the shit out of his girl friend and tortured her by trying to give her a coat hanger abortion? I could have sworn this is the guy. It was news like a week ago.

It's got a reggaeton beat slowed down with non offensive lyrics, yes it is going to be very popular. Didn't even know Justin Bieber did a remix on it. Used to the original version with Daddy Yankee.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    It's a catchy song, that's why, Justin Bieber had nothing to do with it other than is "cover" of the song was far worse than the original.

This on the other hand is a good cover. Leo Moracchioli is brilliant in making metal covers of popular songs.

Leo is how I first heard the song. I still prefer his version.

It's catchy as fuck. It's very far from my ordinary style of music, yet I've listened to it a dozen times on youtube too.

Probably doesn't hurt that the music video is exotic, chill and contains eyecandy for both sexes either.

Ill take this song over rap garbage anytime