Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Their profits beg to differ with your very biased and wrong point of view. This is the industry of entertainment, not fucking Jackson Pollock's exhibition. They did exactly what was needed to continue and reboot the series at the same time, if you're not smart enough to realize what they really did, you're nowhere near smart enough to be allowed to criticize.
    So, you're telling me that I should judge the new movies based on how successful the movies were instead of critizing the bad filmmaking? That's probably the most stupid thing I've read in awhile. I couldn't care less about how much money Disney made with the ridiculous hype surrounding their shitty brand. Maybe it was a smart move from what would be a business point of view but that doesn't make it a good movie.

Because it's impossible for someone to do something good after a mistake, mister perfect little boy.
    I never said that. But he hasn't made a mistake. Everything he touches anymore is utter shit.

But it's okay, be mad, be infuriated, break things in your home. You're allowed to, everything you do is perfect, your life is an exemple for all of them writers/directors who make millions and millions.
    Yes, because someone has a negative opinion of something you clearly masturbate furiously to (hey look, I can make idiotic assumptions, too!), they MUST be raging psychotics. You nailed it, Einstein.

Be sure to spooge all over Michael Bay's face while you're at it, too. He's clearly a very talented director.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

"I'm mad, they don't do exactly what *I* the sovereign customer wants, therefore I must call that an excuse!"

They made it very clear when they announced the new star wars project, it was another trilogy with spin offs here and there. There's no excuse, no bullshit, just production planning that makes a ton of money.

Are you against money? Then give it to me.

I'm not "mad" about a thing here, since I'm sure I won't waste my hard-earned Samolians on this tripe if/when it comes out. I just noted that they appear to be lying about what they originally said after the last 3 pictures.

"Money", hmm? Yeah, how about making a decent profit with some integrity still left? Not sucking the cock of any scam that comes down the pike because you're a slave to investors?

Since you mentioned it, yes, the customer should be sovereign but that concept of course has gone out the window a long time ago. That's why we get shit products today for almost everything, but that's another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Well there goes any hope for the trilogy actually improving in quality as it progresses. Guess the series will end where it started; shitty characters, awful dialog and an incredibly poor understanding of the universe it's supposedly set in.
    Hey there tiny person who doesn't understand anything, how are you?
    I'm just passing by to inform you that there is still episode 8 in between 7 and 9, so there wont be any "improving" to expect from a CONCLUSION episode. That's just not where improvements are made.
    Also everything you said is wrong and your opinion won't be heard over all the cash they make.
    But it's good to know that you actually live in this universe to know it so much better than everybody else.

Do we really need a new SW every single year? They should have never made more than the original trilogy to begin with...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, whores don't hear "opinions" over the cash they make either. But they're still whores.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    I'm not "mad" about a thing here, since I'm sure I won't waste my hard-earned Samolians on this tripe if/when it comes out. I just noted that they appear to be lying about what they originally said after the last 3 pictures.

"Money", hmm? Yeah, how about making a decent profit with some integrity still left? Not sucking the cock of any scam that comes down the pike because you're a slave to investors?

Since you mentioned it, yes, the customer should be sovereign but that concept of course has gone out the window a long time ago. That's why we get shit products today for almost everything, but that's another topic.
    So because it is one of the most loved movies of all time, you, in your little limited mind, convinced yourself that your opinion matters more than every body else's?

You know what's the difference between you and people who enjoyed TFA?
    They are happy while you are mad.

in·teg·ri·ty
    inˈteɡrədē/Submit
    noun
    the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
    "he is known to be a man of integrity"
    I would love for you to give me an UNBIASED version of why you think they dont have any integrity. Right now all you do is complain that the new star wars are not what YOU want. But keep in mind, you're not the judge of anything, you don't decide what star wars should become and your tastes don't matter one bit in the subject. Maybe you're not their target audience at all and just wish you were, which makes you jealous, but not right or smart in any way shape or form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    Do we really need a new SW every single year? They should have never made more than the original trilogy to begin with...
    You're free to skip every odd years, who are you to tell people what they want?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, whores don't hear "opinions" over the cash they make either. But they're still whores.
    Your moral righteousness is only equalled by how poor you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    It has an 8.1 on IMDB, 92 Fresh Critic score on Rotten tomatoes as well as a 89% liked with users...

Seems to me most people really enjoyed The Force Awakens, aside from the Fan Boys who believe nothing will ever be as good as the originials. Like the Start Trek fan who hated the most reboot of the Star Trek movie. Both were great. IMO
    I'm not a fanboy and I think it was shit.
    Acting was fine but everything else was garbage.

The new Yoda is even older and quirkier with more powerful magic powers, Rey is even poorer than Luke and a better pilot because she somehow was able to afford pilot lessons in the simulator even tho they barely gave them enough food to survive, the new droid is smaller/cuter/sillier than R2-D2, the new death star is more powerful and somehow able to shoot magic missile lasers that can destroy multiple planets at once while somehow not destroying the atmosphere of the planet its built in, etc...

Its like when a new comic book writer wants to create their own Superman or what ever so they give the new character all of Superman's powers plus like 10 others and a 20 inch cock thinking that more and bigger will make people like the character better.

It was so bad it made like no money at all.
    By that logic, Transformers keeps getting snubbed its Oscars and other awards.

10+ Year Old Account
    So because it is one of the most loved movies of all time, you, in your little limited mind, convinced yourself that your opinion matters more than every body else's?

You know what's the difference between you and people who enjoyed TFA?
    They are happy while you are mad.
    Grow up, junior. The world is not just binary. There's a whole range of grey between "happy" and "mad", or what you kiddos call "rage" to exaggerate everything. There's a reason we have different words - because they mean different things.

My opinion matters to me more than everyone else's on this. I never said otherwise but thanks for the invention.

They're lying about it because they want something else to profit on and the SW franchise usually gets it. That's because they've likely run out of other or better ideas, so they're going back to the well once again.

How about you add a new word to your very limited vocabulary - integrity?

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I'm not a fanboy and I think it was shit.
    I don't see why you would think people care if you have bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    TFA was great (even if it was mostly retread themes - and acknowledged as such) and IX will be too. Cry more, haters. This is still gonna roll in the billions.
    Episode VIII and IX will not match TFA box office.

Episodes V and VI made less than IV.

Episodes II and III made less than I.

Rogue One made half of Episode VII.

Episode VIII and IX will do well, but it won't match TFA. I could see them cracking 1 billion, but even that might be a stretch. We'll see.

I don't see why you would think people care if you have bad taste.
    How is not liking a poor rehash bad taste?

Grow up, junior. The world is not just binary. There's a whole range of grey between "happy" and "mad", or what you kiddos call "rage" to exaggerate everything. There's a reason we have different words - because they mean different things.

My opinion matters to me more than everyone else's on this. I never said otherwise but thanks for the invention.

They're lying about it because they want something else to profit on and the SW franchise usually gets it. That's because they've likely run out of other or better ideas, so they're going back to the well once again.

How about you add a new word to your very limited vocabulary - integrity?
    That's just you assuming what you want to please your lack of interest in the product, cuz you want it to fail, you want people to hate it and you want social acceptance. You hate that people around you like something that you hate.

First of all, they are a company, looking for profit is what companies do. Get off your high horse of righteousness in your wonderland where everybody is handing out everything for free, that's not how the world works. Market researches have been done to determine what would be a good thing to produce, they don't just randomly start putting millions of dollars in a massive entertainment project without knowing the risks and rewards.

You don't even know how that industry work at all, you're 100% clueless to the process of making a movie, why would you even think you know what is a good movie or not? You don't know shit, boy. You're just mad it wasn't made for you exclusively and without ever thinking about profits.

There's bunch of amateur short movies out there, just for you, and they're free! Bet you'll love them, you and your amazing critics eye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    How is not liking a poor rehash bad taste?
    If by poor rehash you mean a soft reboot that links the old with the new while pleasing more people than you can imagine, sure.

But by all means, stay wrong.

Settle down now folks. According to Swallowed or whatever his idiotic name is, Michael Bay is -- without doubt -- the single greatest artist of all time. We should be clamoring for Disney to hand over the reigns of the Star Wars franchise to him, for in doing so it will surpass the works of Scorsese, Hitchcock, Kubrick, Tarantino, Welles, Coppa, Allen, and Spielberg combined! For none of those pathetic hacks have anywhere near the talent Bay does!

Talent is measured in box office sales. Everyone knows this.

(Well maybe if you're an 8 year old with the brain the size of a peanut, anyway.)

I am looking forward to this.

I want to hear the laments of a 10000 fanboys when Rey cuts off Luke's other hand and Boba gets tossed into a different pit.

Also I think John Boyega would look totally hawt in a slave-boy outfit. I might have to switch teams after just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Episode VIII and IX will not match TFA box office.

Episodes V and VI made less than IV.

Episodes II and III made less than I.

Rogue One made half of Episode VII.

Episode VIII and IX will do well, but it won't match TFA. I could see them cracking 1 billion, but even that might be a stretch. We'll see.
    The marketing of today is far superior to what it was back then. I can see episode 8 making less than 7, it's not "the big come back of the franchise". Sure rogue one made less than 7, completely understandable it's a spinoff. The Han Solo one will make less than 7 as well. But they don't need to make as much as 7 to be insanely profitable and worth doing.

Also you can make sure they will go out with a bang, episode 9 will be heavily marketed and it's gonna be huge, you know it too.

That's just you assuming what you want to please your lack of interest in the product, cuz you want it to fail, you want people to hate it and you want social acceptance. You hate that people around you like something that you hate.

First of all, they are a company, looking for profit is what companies do. Get off your high horse of righteousness in your wonderland where everybody is handing out everything for free, that's not how the world works. Market researches have been done to determine what would be a good thing to produce, they don't just randomly start putting millions of dollars in a massive entertainment project without knowing the risks and rewards.

You don't even know how that industry work at all, you're 100% clueless to the process of making a movie, why would you even think you know what is a good movie or not? You don't know shit, boy. You're just mad it wasn't made for you exclusively and without ever thinking about profits.

There's bunch of amateur short movies out there, just for you, and they're free! Bet you'll love them, you and your amazing critics eye.

- - - Updated - - -

If by poor rehash you mean a soft reboot that links the old with the new while pleasing more people than you can imagine, sure.

But by all means, stay wrong.
    The Fan Boy is strong with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Settle down now folks. According to Swallowed or whatever his idiotic name is, Michael Bay is -- without doubt -- the single greatest artist of all time. We should be clamoring for Disney to hand over the reigns of the Star Wars franchise to him, for in doing so it will surpass the works of Scorsese, Hitchcock, Kubrick, Tarantino, Welles, Coppa, Allen, and Spielberg combined! For none of those pathetic hacks have anywhere near the talent Bay does!

Talent is measured in box office sales. Everyone knows this.

(Well maybe if you're an 8 year old with the brain the size of a peanut, anyway.)
    Talent is not measure in box office sales. Appreciation is.
    Making something that appeals to the most people possible is a talent in itself. Not an artistic one I agree, but sometimes it's fun to just sit back and enjoy something light hearted and easy to follow like star wars.

Let's be very clear here. Episode 4-5-6 were no Tarantino or Scorsese either.