Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Because you are still casting a spell. But the force that powers it is the Lich King, not you. You are just the conduit.

/facepalm
    Frostmourne stole souls. Souls are used to power dark magic. That was Frostmourne's purpose: slay the living and capture souls.
    The Helm of Domination is what gives the Lich King his incredible necromantic powers.
    That's why you become the Lich King by putting the helm. That's how Arthas became the Lich King. That's how Ner'zhul was the Lich King.
    Frostmourne is not the origin of his powers. That's not debatable.

/facepalm

Stop being so stuborn and I will put away the condescension.
    At least research your point, or link sources to support your claims.

We raise the Horsemen because the Lich King's power, not our own. It's in the very quest text that you are denying.
    We took the shards of Frostmourne nowhere did it say the lich king had anything to do with it after the raising after all what DK cant rez a fucking undead but it took something special to raise a hero!

Everytime he rezed someone he used his sword which we now have in our possession.

So you are saying that what we did was just trimmings and it was the lich king doing all the rezzing all along? That he can magically put his resurrection powers into anyone and we just wave a worthless pair of sticks?

So those swords are meaningless is that what you are saying?
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-09-12 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    We took the shards of Frostmourne nowhere did it say the lich king had anything to do with it after the raising after all what DK cant rez a fucking undead but it took something special to raise a hero!

Everytime he rezed someone he used his sword which we now have in our possession.

So you are saying that what we did was just trimmings and it was the lich king doing all the rezzing all along? That he can magically put his resurrection powers into anyone and we just wave a worthless pair of sticks?

Yep. You can do resurrecting and never do frost artifact questline. After 1st AW LK buff you with "Hand of Lich King". He basically channeled part of his power to you so you could resurrect new Horsemens.

1) We took the shards of Frostmourne nowhere did it say the lich king had anything to do with it after the raising after all what DK cant rez a fucking undead but it took something special to raise a hero!

2) Everytime he rezed someone he used his sword which we now have in our possession.

3) So you are saying that what we did was just trimmings and it was the lich king doing all the rezzing all along? That he can magically put his resurrection powers into anyone and we just wave a worthless pair of sticks?

4) So those swords are meaningless is that what you are saying?
    1) Escept when he sends you to raise the Horsemen, when he talks to you and istructs you just before raising the Horsemen, except that we know that the previous Horsemen were being raised specifically by Lich King's power... and NOWHERE does it say that you are raising them with your own power! Nothing even suggest it! Its all your headcanon!

2) Everytime he "rezed someone"? Like, whom exactly? Do you have any specific examples of Lich King succesfully raising sb with the Frostmourne? And, in your opinion, how was he managing creating the Scourge when Frostmourne was still locked inside ice in Northrend?

3) ... the quest text literally says Lich King gave his powers to Kel'thuzad. So, YES, EXPLICITLY, he CAN magically put his resurrection powers onto others (we don't know if anyone, but certainly SOME).

4) Yes. His line of thinking is logical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    All this greater good bullshit doesn't mean we should ignore another potentially powerful evil staring right in our backside. Bolvar is getting very comfortable with his necromantic powers and shaping up to be worse than Sylvanas. So far he's sent his personal death knight minion to raid the hallowed ground of Light's Hope, and to torture and annihilate yellow and red dragons, who still hold great status as guardians of history and protectors of life. Why is nobody batting an eye at this? The way this is going very soon we'll have to make another trip to Northrend.
    It was all to fight the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I don't think anyone other than the PC DK and paladins actually know about Bolvar's latest deeds.
    ^

I've never seen or heard anything about Bolvar in-game. I only know he's the current Lich King because people mention him on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    1) Escept when he sends you to raise the Horsemen, when he talks to you and istructs you just before raising the Horsemen, except that we know that the previous Horsemen were being raised specifically by Lich King's power... and NOWHERE does it say that you are raising them with your own power! Nothing even suggest it! Its all your headcanon!

2) Everytime he "rezed someone"? Like, whom exactly? Do you have any specific examples of Lich King succesfully raising sb with the Frostmourne? And, in your opinion, how was he managing creating the Scourge when Frostmourne was still locked inside ice in Northrend?

3) ... the quest text literally says Lich King gave his powers to Kel'thuzad. So, YES, EXPLICITLY, he CAN magically put his resurrection powers onto others (we don't know if anyone, but certainly SOME).

4) Yes. His line of thinking is logical.
    1. Well i thought since i welded these awesome pair of swords i could use them the way my dumbass dk thought he could use them and thats to raise awesome heroes which he did.

2. Well you know sindragosa in that cutscene and you guys when he one shots you etc etc

3. I think this is where we are all getting our wires crossed there is a difference between someone give you powers and you having free will but being suckered into using those powers by the same guy who gave you them or powers you took from them ala those swords.

4. ? Pretty sure those shards of Frostmourne still has some juice to them

Anyway i rest my case we can go around in circles if we want to
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-09-12 at 08:08 PM.

Most don't know what he is doing. We are also all in against the Legion.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Bolvar definitely has other, probably more sinister plans in mind for later. At the moment, though, he's an ally against the Legion. I guess we'll see after they're dealt with.

What if bolvar wants revenge from alexstrazsa because he suffered a lot instead of simply dying, maybe the pain made him go a bit crazy? They said there will be stuff about dragons next expansion so maybe it's possible?

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    He says flat out to the death knight hero that should he die, he will take control of Acherus for his own purposes. That sounds pretty evil.
    Nobod other then Bolvar and the player know that though. Even if it was better know the Legion is absolute death to all, so it is what needs to be fought. They can deal with any possible DK issues later.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Based on the interactions with other NPCs during the DK class hall campaign, the PC Deathlord is an enormously powerful being.

Lady Liandrin, one of the most powerful Paladins in the current WoW lore and head of the Blood Elf Paladins, literally could not believe how easily you defeat her in single combat when you lead the attack on the pally class hall. It is only the tremendous power of the Light from all the consecrated paladin graves that prevent you from raising Tirion Fordig himself as one of your servants. The same power that defeated the last Lich King.

I get the sense that the new Bitch King was attempting to manipulate the Deathlord into attacking Light's Hope in an effort to not only reduce the Paladin order's strength, but to also reduce the strength of the Ebon Blade (the Player DK's order). Having the player attack the Red dragons (during the mount quest) was just vengeance. It was Alexstraza who effectively cursed him to an eternity of torment as the new Lich King.
    Why does he, a former Paladin, want you to attack Light's Hope?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I've been kicking his ass every week for 5 years trying to get his mount. Doing my part.

Uh, what?
    Raising a ghoul or geist is completely different from raising a normal Death Knight, and the Horsemen are even more powerful than the standard Death Knight.
    Your death knight can raise ghouls and zombies, but to create new DKs, specially Horsemen, we needed the Lich King's power.

The Artifact weapons have nothing to do with it.

I won't discuss this with someone who doesn't even know what the Helm of Domination is or what's the source of power of the Lich King.

So you are saying that what we did was just trimmings and it was the lich king doing all the rezzing all along?
    No, we are casting the spell, but the Lich King is fueling it. We are his conduits. Without his power, we can't do that.

That he can magically put his resurrection powers into anyone and we just wave a worthless pair of sticks?
    YES! It's the most basic Scourge lore, man! Why do you think Lich King had so many necromancers and liches in his service? So they could act in his stead because he can't be everywhere at once. He fueled their powers (even the powers of the Val'kyr! Read the last Sylvanas short story!), but without that help, he can't fine-control the thousands of mindless undead that his power can raise (I mean, he can give orders for all at once, but giving separate orders for each of them would be impossible).

The Artifacts have power, but not the power to raise countless undead or greater undead. We are doing it because the Lich King is allowing us to do it.

There's absolutely no source to your claim that we could raise the horsemen because of the Artifact. In fact, you can do those quests with the Maw of the Damned or Apocalypse, because the power does not come from the Artifact.

The Artifact is there to make us more powerful, but that does not mean we have the power to raise other death knights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    He wanted to raise Tirion Fordring as a Horseman, so he sent us to retrieve his corpse.
    The Silver Hand does not like that, fight us. The Light's power in the chapel nearly destroys us, but Darion saves us at the cost of his own unlife.
    Thus, the Lich King raises Darion as his fourth Horseman instead.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Because he's the Lich King now and doesn't give a shit about paladin ideals anymore. Tirion was estimated to be one of the most powerful potential death knights ever, considering his status in life. So him being chosen as the leader of the Horsemen makes sense.

But in the end I guess Blizzard pussied out and decided that making Tirion a death knight follower in the death knight order hall was a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I think the actions of the Dk campaign occur later, chronologically, than the events in the Pally campaign.
    I was under impression that DKs attack while Paladins are out of class hall to help Priests.

Death Knights, Druids, Mages, Hunters, Paladins, Priests, Rogues, Warlocks, Shamans and Warriors all know about Bolvar being the Lich King, since THEY WERE THERE when Tirion shattered Frostmourne and we slew Arthas.
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

Quote Originally Posted by Isolyphic View Post
    Death Knights, Druids, Mages, Hunters, Paladins, Priests, Rogues, Warlocks, Shamans and Warriors all know about Bolvar being the Lich King, since THEY WERE THERE when Tirion shattered Frostmourne and we slew Arthas.
    Yea but only Death Knights and Mages know what he awake now.

There was no point in killing Arthas either, wasn't Arthas trying to defeat the legion?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    There was no point in killing Arthas either, wasn't Arthas trying to defeat the legion?
    Yea - he believed whole Azeroth as united Scourge had better chances against Legion than constant fighting with each others Alliance/Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Sorry? Nothing else happened since BC.....Alli vs Horde vs Illidan vs Burning Legion...then Wrath: Alli vs Horde vs LK then A vs H vs DW then A vs H vs Sha etc, etc....
    It`s always multiple fronts and actually I always wondered..where the hell the manpower coming from....Constant war since decades (it is started way before WoW) against multiple enemies....
    doesnt matter how many retcons, how many time travels, how much shitty writing, this is the one thing blizzard will never be able to explain, where does all the manpower come from??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    I kinda like it. In Legion i really feel what i am Death Knight not random killing machine who offers mercenary service for Alliance/Horde. Besides i disagree what we worse than Sylvanas and Forsaken.

Attack on Light Hope Chapel were for two things IMHO:

1 - Re resurrect Darion with Bolvar magic. Darion is ideological leader of Ebon Blade. His moral is what holds rest of Death Knights from rampage.

2 - Make Ebon Blade even more pariah that they were before. I think Bolvar wants them to understand - they can only count on each others.
    no, what the lich King wants is for everyone to point their fingers at the ebon blade calling them traitors and monsters, when they see they are completely alone they will have only one place to go and that is into the lich King hands

- - - Updated - - -

the swords is what allow us to become conduits of the lich King power, so as you may realize they are not meaningless
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2017-09-12 at 11:06 PM.